NFL Divisional Round - Chargers vs Patriots

Webmaster

It's time for the Chargers forum to get active.  We have a bunch of great Chargers fans on the forum, just no one ever posts in here.  Let's change that this week.   Everyone get in here and discuss the upcoming playoff game against the Patriots.  Also, try to be online and discuss the game here on Sunday.   

@Bearerofnews @kyle21121 @Classic  @DingoLadd @Boltstrikes @Boltfan7998 @BoltGal @Bolts223 @BoltsFan937 @Bolty @Boltz79 @charger-man @chargerbuckeye @Chargers360 @Duffman57 @MrDrew  @Xenos @H.E Pennypacker

• Like 3

Who am I missing?   If you know of anyone I missed send them a notification to get in here.   Any of your friends want a place to discuss the game on a great forum?  Get them to sign up.   Let's get this forum rocking this week.   You guys have 820 posts now.  How many will you have after the game on Sunday?  @The LBC has moved on to the Rams, so we need a new mod in here.    Who's got what it takes? 

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

@Webmaster I am open to applying for it if you can possibly send me something of how I would apply and what would be expected of me as the Chargers moderator.

We don't take applications.   We find you.  :D 

If you want to be a moderator,  just be very active in the forum and show us that you have what it takes to be a moderator.   A moderators main duty is to keep their forums active and on topic with good football discussion.  

1 minute ago, Webmaster said:

What is the status of Gordon?  I saw he hurt his knee and was in and out of the game.  Any updates?

Can’t give you any hard news updates but he came back into the game after the injury and appeared to be fine. Even scored a TD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webmaster said:

Who am I missing?   If you know of anyone I missed send them a notification to get in here.   Any of your friends want a place to discuss the game on a great forum?  Get them to sign up.   Let's get this forum rocking this week.   You guys have 820 posts now.  How many will you have after the game on Sunday?  @The LBC has moved on to the Rams, so we need a new mod in here.    Who's got what it takes? 

You're missing Charger fan #1 @game3525

Edited by Classic
  • Like 1

Nice to see an active attempt to get some interest going in this forum.

Gordon's looking questionable for next week but he should play, even if he doesn't Ekeler isn't that much of a downgrade. 

I'd ask to throw my hat into the moderator ring but that should probably go to someone whose been here longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

As far as this game goes, I think it’s very winnable. From a talent standpoint, we completely outclass the Pats. Our offensive ineptitude scares me. 

Our injury curse scares me more, plus the moment you think the patriots are beatable you lose by 4 scores. 

Never doubt the magic of the "BayState" patriots.

I will answer your call!

AFC teams had lost 13 games in a row in Seattle until we beat them

Teams who fell behind by 14 at Heinz had a 0-220-2 record. We made it 1-220-2

We lost 9 in a row to the Chiefs before beating them in week 15.

Rivers is 0-7 against Brady while the Pats have won 9 home playoff games consecutively.. Guess which streaks are about to end this week?

I have a sneaky feeling that Rivers is going to turn it on this week. We played very low risk against the Ravens, I think the main idea was not to turn the ball over. We succeeded in that minus the Green fumble. Just 1 more turnover and we very likely lose the game.

This week I think we take more risks. I see a few deep bombs to Allen and MWill coming, but honestly I think this game comes down to how well we run the ball. MGIII needs to be fit and firing, Ekeler needs to compliment him well. I'm praying for 150+ yards on the ground because if we do that we win.

How impactful do you all think the Patriots secondary will be covering the Chargers receiving threats?  Gilmore made first team all-pro, but the Chargers have one of the elite receiving duos in the league.  That should be a really interesting match-up.  Also, Casey Hayward looked completely out of it in the 4th quarter in yesterday's victory vs the Ravens.  He gave up two touchdowns (I'm not entirely sure the long TD to Crabtree was his fault, maybe he was expecting to have safety help over the top and it wasn't there).  Nonetheless, he's going to have to remain focused and on his game vs the Patriots and that offense.

How impactful do you all think the Patriots secondary will be covering the Chargers receiving threats?  Gilmore made first team all-pro, but the Chargers have one of the elite receiving duos in the league.

They should put Gilmore on Mike Williams and then double Keenan.