NFL Divisional Round - Chargers vs Patriots

Webmaster

On 1/7/2019 at 2:49 PM, game3525 said:

Yeah, it is pick your poison. 

I know the Pats are the Pats, but this isn't a good matchup for them defensively IMO. 

I agree.  I think the Chargers should be able to go up there and pull out the win.  They're the only road team I have winning this weekend.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I agree.  I think the Chargers should be able to go up there and pull out the win.  They're the only road team I have winning this weekend.

We play well on the road but we're terrible against the patriots, something's gotta give and I'd bet on our patriot chokeitude coming up hard.

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

We play well on the road but we're terrible against the patriots, something's gotta give and I'd bet on our patriot chokeitude coming up hard.

Earlier in the season before they beat the Chiefs a couple weeks ago, I said the Chargers were the best team in the AFC.  They just have a really complete squad.  It's really difficult for anyone to win in New England, but the Chargers are so talented on both sides of the ball.  This is their year to make it to the Super Bowl.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Earlier in the season before they beat the Chiefs a couple weeks ago, I said the Chargers were the best team in the AFC.  They just have a really complete squad.  It's really difficult for anyone to win in New England, but the Chargers are so talented on both sides of the ball.  This is their year to make it to the Super Bowl.

Exactly why they'll screw it up, I want to hope for the best but I know this team. We will screw ourselves somehow, someway.

• Like 1

Takes on the Patriots game..

- Seems like the key to beat the Patriots has always been to get pressure on Brady with your front four (ala the Giants in the Super Bowls).  So can Bosa, Ingram and the boys exploit their matchups without us having to blitz? 

- Who covers Gronkowski? Is James ready for that kind of challenge?

- I worry about inserting Henry into this game.  Partially because of the knee but more due to the fact that he hasn't played all year.  You're just asking for a fumble or something there.  I love Hunter and think he would be a huge asset in this game if healthy, but not having game reps all year worries me that he'll make a costly error.

- Gordon looked like he was dragging a truck behind him in the second half of the Baltimore game.  Huge blow if he's not healthy

After he practiced for three weeks, the Los Angeles Chargers placed tight end Hunter Henry on the active roster Monday, which means he could see action in an AFC divisional playoff game against the New England Patriots on Sunday.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25706653/los-angeles-chargers-te-hunter-henry-added-active-roster

9 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

So what is the deal with Tyrell Williams?

I always thought he'd be a solid to great #2 option, but now it seems Mike Williams has taken that spot over.

I did see Ty drop one on Sunday. Is it just mental lapses?

No it isn't all that good. He had a good stretch in earlier part of the season that made me believe he turned the corner but he has been cold ever since the Browns game. He struggles getting separation and is mainly only good for slant routes. I can't imagine we bring him back next season since most teams will out bid us on his services.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I always thought he'd be a solid to great #2 option, but now it seems Mike Williams has taken that spot over.

Dude's inconsistent as hell and Mike is just the better player right now (even though he's mostly a redzone/jumpball guy) 

He has the talent but like most players in the NFL it never seems to translate to on the field success. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

His main strength is his ability to be a deep threat, a good run blocker, and gives great effort. Main weaknesses are his route running and just inconsistency (ie. catching the ball, or highpointing it). This season he started doing a better job of fighting for the ball and route running but he still disappears too much at time. Someone is going to seriously overpay for him this offseason when he's a serviceable #2 at best.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1