Comic Books

DER10N92

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

NICE TRY SATAN YOURE NOT GETTING MY INSTAGRAM THAT EASILY 

Okay? There's a large community of comic collectors on IG that always try to expand and get to know more people within. This must not apply to you, which is fine, which makes your comment superfluous.

1 minute ago, DER10N92 said:

Okay? There's a large community of comic collectors on IG that always try to expand and get to know more people within. This must not apply to you, which is fine, which makes your comment superfluous.

You’re superfluous 

On 1/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, TENINCH said:

If my son wanted to start from the beginning reading Marvel Comics where does he start?

Marvel and DC basically restart every few years it seems like. 

What I'd look at is what major arc they have going on right now, or one that's wrapped up recently. Infinity Wars from 2018, don't know how good it is, but probably be a decent spot to jump off at with Marvel comics and it'll seem familiar-ish in terms of concept if they watched the Infinity War movie, as they'll know what the stones do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:05 AM, TENINCH said:

If my son wanted to start from the beginning reading Marvel Comics where does he start?

How old is your son? I've been reading Fantastic Four from the beginning, and it can be really tough sledding to get through. Especially with Stan Lee, who isn't the best writer. I don't think Lee and Kirby really hit their stride on that title until about 50 issues in.

On the other hand, I heard Spider Man is pretty good from the start.

Really though, these are some old comics written in older times, and it clearly shows with the writing and art. You really need to have patience to get through most of the stories. Your son, or anyone really, would probably be better off starting with some contemporary comics. Or at least look for some popular trade titles that stood the test of time. Usually a writer's quality run on a certain set of issues within a series, where they were really clicking. 

Archived