Leader

Saturday - January 12th
Indianapolis @ Kansas City
Dallas @ Los Angeles Rams

Sunday - January 13th
Los Angeles Chargers @ New England
Philadelphia @ New Orleans

Pulling for the Upset Bracket to win:
Indianapolis - the Colts are putting together a nice "come back" story and since we're out of it, I'm all in to stories. 
Los Angeles Rams - while not necessarily an upset - any time I can root for Dallas to be eliminated....I usually do.
Los Angeles Chargers - my personal "feel good" story team and GB could check off the top box on their offseason "To Do List"
Philadelphia - why I think NOLA the favorite over last years SB winner and the hottest team (other than the Colts) to be in the playoffs.....dont know.

Colts over the Chiefs. Both teams have a good offense so give me the team with a defense over the team with no defense.

Cowboys over Rams. The Boys are going to feed Zeke and control that game.

Pats over Chargers. I want the Chargers to win but I'm not going to pick against the Pats at home.

Eagles over Saints. After Wentz went down I picked the Eagles to go to the SB. St.Nick with that OL and all those weapons playing inside a dome? Yes please.

Want Colts, Chargers, Eagles, Rams to win. 

Expect Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, Rams to win. 

I only want the Colts to win if the Chargers win. 
I only want the Eagles to win if the Chargers win. 

Difference between 28 and 32 is negligible, so as long as the Patriots are still in it, I want the Saints to still be in it to beat them. 

If not for draft pick consideration, I'd want the Saints to win more than any other team.  Drew Brees deserves another ring for his selfless play and his ability to do whatever it takes to win in spite of how it looks on him.  He is a true leader and teammate and great QB who I used to hate BECAUSE he made things so easy on himself.  I used to think that meant Brees was overrated until I was like... Why in the F wouldn't you make things easier on yourself as a QB? 

I digress.  Really don't want the Colts to win the Super Bowl because I'd never hear the end of it.  Really don't want the Rams to win the Super Bowl because I'm not a fan of their approach to adding everybody and throwing their draft picks away.  Really don't want the Cowboys to win because of Jerry's obsession with non-premium positions.

With the Cowboys though, I really wouldn't mind all that much.  Jerry is obnoxious and an idiot, but one thing you can say about him is he loves football and he loves his team and he's passionate about football.  I think half the owners in the league are looking at filling their stands before filling their trophy cases. 

Serious question, not even trying to troll anyone.

Are you more relieved that we figured out we were a below average to average team early on in the season, rather than lose last night like the Bears did?

(Not claiming CHI to be average. Defensively, anyway.)

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Are you more relieved that we figured out we were a below average to average team early on in the season, rather than lose last night like the Bears did?

I mean I want to make the playoffs every year no matter what. 2016 was a great ride even though we had an inferior team that never stood a chance against the Falcons and it showed in the NFCCG. We didn't really belong there with our current state of a secondary but it was great nevertheless. 

However, we needed the 2018 season. Our organization needed to see what has been covered up for a while. We needed to see Rodgers in a less-than God form. We needed a bad record to justify on paper letting MM go. We needed a bad season to hopefully convince Gute that our roster needs quite a bit of turnover at least for a few positions. In the long run, if we make it to another Super Bowl in the Rodgers era, it will be because of the 2018 season and the change it spurred. 

no, playoffs is better than no playoffs

winning division is better than not winning division

although playoff losses hurt way more than the way we went out, id still rather be in the dance

For me?  It was maddening that we were losing yet still not "out of it".  We just weren't very good this year.  

Even if we were in the playoffs, I didn't see GB as having a real chance.  Happy to be picking where we are...even wish it was a little higher.

Next year is the bounce back year.  Big time.

33 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I want to make the playoffs every year no matter what. 2016 was a great ride even though we had an inferior team that never stood a chance against the Falcons and it showed in the NFCCG. We didn't really belong there with our current state of a secondary but it was great nevertheless. 

However, we needed the 2018 season. Our organization needed to see what has been covered up for a while. We needed to see Rodgers in a less-than God form. We needed a bad record to justify on paper letting MM go. We needed a bad season to hopefully convince Gute that our roster needs quite a bit of turnover at least for a few positions. In the long run, if we make it to another Super Bowl in the Rodgers era, it will be because of the 2018 season and the change it spurred. 

Wait, we think Gute didn’t know this beforehand? Back in August, every blog and beat writer in the state was writing about how Gute had “gutted” TT’s previous rosters and marvelled at how much turnover there was. He continued that process through the season by dumping Monty, Whitehead, Clinton-Dix while the team was still very much in the playoff picture. 

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

Wait, we think Gute didn’t know this beforehand? Back in August, every blog and beat writer in the state was writing about how Gute had “gutted” TT’s previous rosters and marvelled at how much turnover there was. He continued that process through the season by dumping Monty, Whitehead, Clinton-Dix while the team was still very much in the playoff picture. 

We saw some early on. Most of what we saw in season, as you described, happened when the chips were down. Instead of being buyers at the trade deadline, we were sellers. Are record and play at the time probably contributed to that. 

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

hoping for 

philly over saints (foles and draft pick)

rams over cowboys

chargers over pats

colts vs chiefs is tough. ima say the chiefs just because they have a better chance to beat the pats should it happen

exactly my thoughts. I like both Indy and KC, so just looking forward to watching a good game there. The other 3 I have a team to root for. Probably rooting for Philly the hardest.

Archived