Divisional Playoff Round

Leader

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was going to say this, but nobody but me and you believe.  We got a bunch of orcs in here, too few Aragorns. 

Hot take alert: Aragorn is the most overrated coach of all time. 

Got bailed out by Gandalf and Eomer at Helms Deep. Where btw, he coached most of the game from up top on the wall. Admittedly his team didn't have much talent, but they were getting routed.

NFL comparison: Gary Kubiak with Peyton Manning coming in to win it.

Led a ******* ghost army at Pellinor Fields, how are you gonna lose with a ghost army? You'd have to be the worst coach of all time to lose with a ghost army. And again, Gandalf and Rohan did most of the work.

NFL comparison: Greatest Show on Turf Mike Martz winning despite himself for to all the talent on his team.

Wasn't even playing to win at the Black Gate, was just trying to run the clock out and let Sam and Frodo ice the game. 

NFL comparison: Mike McCarthy in clock management mode.

Aragorn was overrated. Man was a glorified Gimli

All of The Lord of the Rings is overrated.  I'm just using Aragorn as an example.  I want a coordinator to have communication with EVERY player on the defense all game long.  I think it's something that's extremely neglected here, and I think there's a lot more to do with it than people suggest. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

All of The Lord of the Rings is overrated.  I'm just using Aragorn as an example.  I want a coordinator to have communication with EVERY player on the defense all game long.  I think it's something that's extremely neglected here, and I think there's a lot more to do with it than people suggest. 

1. Disagree as it's the archetype of all epic fantasy.

2. If the DC wants to talk to any player, it takes 10 seconds, he radios down, and the player is put on the phone. It might even be faster than having him try and find a guy on the mess of bodies on the sideline.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

48 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

The cold weather effecting the teams that don't play in it is overrated, Cardinals beat us at home in it, Chargers beat the Chiefs at home in cold weather.

Now 8-25 in the playoffs for dome teams visiting cold weather, want to change your mind on that? Home field plus weather is a huge deal 

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Now 8-25 in the playoffs for dome teams visiting cold weather, want to change your mind on that? Home field plus weather is a huge deal 

I tend to think thats more homefield advantage more than anything, which is huge in the playoffs. Kansas City is one of the toughest places to play by itself

Archived