OLB
CB

This is assuming we resign in FA: 
DE DeMarcus Lawrence
LB Anthony Hitchens
DE/DT David Irving
G Jonathan Cooper
RB Alfred Morris

Otherwise, you can add all of those needs to that list too. 

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Cowboys needs

WR, preferably one who can play on the outside
TE
RT/LG, depending on where we want to put La'el Collins
OL depth in general
DT, possibly 2 of them
MLB
OLB
CB

This is assuming we resign in FA: 
DE DeMarcus Lawrence
LB Anthony Hitchens
DE/DT David Irving
G Jonathan Cooper
RB Alfred Morris

Otherwise, you can add all of those needs to that list too. 

I'd have our top five needs as follows:

1. LB - We don't utilize the SLB position enough to warrant a high pick - so with a high selection someone who can play both Mike and or/ Will is preferred. I have confidence that Jaylon Smith will be the player he was pre-injury in 2018, but Sean Lee just can't be counted on to play a full 16 games. Even if he does, he's getting up there and a replacement needs to be found. 

2. WR - Terrence Williams just isn't reliable. Dez has struggled with injuries over the last few seasons. Cole Beasley is awesome, but he's not going to take over a game. Dallas needs to find a deep threat receiver who is a polished route runner. 

3. TE - I love Witten. He is the epitome of a hard-nosed football player and is without a doubt a future Hall of Famer. That said, he's no longer the player he once was. We need a TE in the mold of a Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski, etc. that can block but also make plays down field. 

4. S - Right now we have Byron Jones and Jeff Heath as our starters. It's possible the coaches move Jones back to CB and Heath, while not as bad as he's made out to be, really shouldn't be starting. There's some potential in Xavier Woods, but the position still could use a true playmaking centerfielder. 

5. Depth - Too often this team has shown to falter if one of the key players aren't available. We've seen teams like New England, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Minnesota, etc. not lose a step when a key player or two are out for an extended period of time. 

Now, as you mentioned, depending on who we retain out of our pending free agents, it's possible that DE/DT/G or T become higher needs. A good backup option for Zeke also wouldn't hurt. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 9:36 PM, Desperado82 said:

it's possible that DE/DT/G or T become higher needs

Not my team so no affirmation but suggest from me. What about a big DT ? To me thats the most missing link on that defense. Vea or Payne would sound a great pick to me. I do mocks sometimes cause its fun and my last one on this site have Vea in the 1st then WR Cobbs in the 2nd..

Edited by zappa13004

A more comprehensive Steeler list.

ILB - with the Shazier being out and the depth at the position this becomes the #1 need.  Could be handled in FA.  Need a starter

FS - A safety with ball skills.  Michell needs to go. A starter would be great.

OLB - Depth is very poor

WR - More depth is always good.

OG/OC backup depth

RB if Bell is let go.

TE depth - depends on McDonald being kept.

Any mock that has them taking a QB in any round is wrong.

Edited by jebrick

On 1/8/2018 at 12:22 PM, zappa13004 said:

Not my team so no affirmation but suggest from me. What about a big DT ? To me thats the most missing link on that defense. Vea or Payne would sound a great pick to me. I do mocks sometimes cause its fun and my last one on this site have Vea in the 1st then WR Cobbs in the 2nd..

I'd love to have a big, run-stuffing NT that can take on double teams to free up our DEs and LBs, but that isn't what Marinelli wants in his system. 

3 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I'd love to have a big, run-stuffing NT that can take on double teams to free up our DEs and LBs, but that isn't what Marinelli wants in his system. 

Okay thank you. And by the way i was surprised to see Taco inside on many snaps (i dont remember which game)..

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Vikes season is over:

1) QB - Obvious top need with Bradford, Keenum and Bridgewater enterring UFA. Neither are likely long term options.

2) DT - Not being able to get an interior pass rush killed MN in the playoffs. The Vikes must find someone who can get after the QB.

3) OG - Mike Remmers should move back to OT, but MN needs to replace Joe Berger at OG. Remmers could move to OG, creating the need for OT instead.

4) DE - Lack of depth killed MN in the Eagles game. Griffen was worn down and injured by seasons end and Robison is done.

5) CB - Newman needs to retire, depth is an issue when he's done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lions

1. NT: If Matt Patricia brings in the hybrid 34 system, they are lacking a huge piece of the puzzle. Haloti Ngata is a free agent, and has not been reliable available for 2 years. A'Shawn Robinson is not a NT. Nor are Akeem Spence and Jeremiah Ledbetter. I could see a lot of ways to fill this position and Bob Quinn might take multiple roads to cover his bases.

2. EDGE: Even if they re-sign or Fran Tag Ziggy Ansah, they still need somebody to play across from him. (Kerry Hyder (rfa) and Andrew Zettle are swing DT/DEs in the 43, so I'm assuming they are going to play similarly in Patricia's system.) Optimally, they need an OLB who can rush the passer like a traditional 34 OLB & be able to drop back into coverage (on TEs and RBs mostly) in the 43. I could see this being a 1st round pick, and if not 1st then probably a 2nd. Then, I could see some double dipping if they have a sleeper they like.

3. CB: I don't know what will happen with Nevin Lawson. He probably played the best he ever did, but wasn't what you would say was good. And he's a ufa.  Diggs moving to safety seemed like a pretty good fit for him. So, if Teez Tabor is a nickel, they will need a boundary corner across from Big Play Slay. I could see this being a high pick, though unlikely at #20, unless there is tremendous value there.

4. LG: Glasgow can play LG and OC, but it makes the most sense to keep him at center since you don't really want a rookie playing there if you don't have to. I'm not saying that they don't get somebody to compete with him, but I would be shocked if a rookie started at center. Joe Dahl looked pretty good in the limited amount of time we got to see him at LG, but I wouldn't say he blew anyone away. One of the discussions on Lion boards was about whether the coaching was more responsible for the poor performance of the o-line (particularly run blocking) or if it was more talent related. I think it falls under the "everybody got hurt and never gelled" category. TJ Lang played almost as much in the pro bowl as he did for the Lions this year. Dekker returned to relieve the turnstiles at LT. Swanson got another concussion.I Even Wagner got hurt in the last few games of the season. They need depth that can challenge at the very least. 2nd round perhaps, unless it's a BPA situation.

5. RB: Ameer Abdullah has lost his confidence and has become a fumbler...plus they never used him right. Theo Riddick has gotten better at running through holes, but he's 90% better used as a 3rd down back who can catch the ball. Tion Green is a guy. Zach Zenner somehow lost favor with the offensive coaches, who will probably be staying on. By the way, the lack of a running game can be blamed evenly on o-line, RB, & playcalling. They obviously need to get the running game on track, but the identity of this offense is their passing game. Therefore, while a need, the level of that need may not be as high as some are suggesting. 3rd round is about as high as I think they should start thinking about drafting one unless talent drops absurdly.

6. Depth: ILB, OLB, TE, WR, LS, OT

My guess is that Bob Quinn will look for depth positions in free agency, tag Ziggy, and spend on 1 or 2 big free agents for starting positions on the o-line and front 7. He has more cap money than he is used to having this year, but he strikes me as a frugal manager who won't overspend just to fill positions. He has already shown he likes to spend money on churning the bottom of the roster. But with a new coach he may get him some new toys to play with, that will fit Patricia's scheme.

Edited by Myth

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the various replies, it looks like good CBs will be disappearing off the boards at a very fast rate.

It also looks like the best pass rushers will go quickly as well, but not as quick as the corners.

Quite a lot of teams need interior linemen this year, maybe more than tackles.

Some teams really need WRs, but the demand doesn't look that high, overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Browns.

All. 

Still all. New name, new colors, new owners, new stadium, new fans, new players.

Draft QB, sign Mccown mentor.  TT to hold fort until

RB. Draft 2 RBS , duke change of pace alreadt

WR. If Coleman not useless could just need depth.  High confidence Gordon is done with nonesense. Landry a great trade!

TE. Some good players here.

OT. We suck. JT gonna be done within year or 2. Trade him. 

OG some good players

C needs improvement. 

DE some good guys here. Draft depth 

LB some decent players. Can slays top grade

DT draft depth

S need fs

CB always need here. Always.

Coaching need a not hue. Only there as figure head is my guess. Like greeggggg as DC. Sort of like Haley as our future head coach. But he is a **** head so hopefully that doesn't matter. Kurt Warner did say Haley was a great coach. Who knows?  Have some hope Hue is just a statue collecting money.

GM great. FO great.

Owner still blows.