NFL Draft - Team Needs

The Gnat

On 3/25/2020 at 12:54 PM, MikeT14 said:

Update on Skins

1) We probably have to replace Trent Williams at LT after we trade him.

2) We signed Kendall Fuller for the slot but lost a boundary corner (and our #1) in QD. Need to replace him. 

3) TE. We're trotting out Sprinkle, Logan Thomas, Richard Rodgers, and ... I forgot the other one. 

4) LB. Switching to a 4-3 from a 3-4, we might not have the right personnel. 

5) WR. We have Scary Terry and a bunch of 3's and 4's. 

Henteges? Marcus Baugh? Caleb Wilson? The last two have never played a snap in an NFL game, they were practice squad players last year I think.

Updating the Chiefs, several lists, and many fans have it very wrong. The first and only true need is DT, because they literally cannot afford both Chris Jones and Pat Mahomes. The have the franchise tag on Jones, so most likely he plays for them this year. They have signed or resigned significant help in some areas and have proven players returning in others.

Without more ado:

1) DT
2) Edge
3) DB
4) OT (age at both ends)
5) TE (Kelce will be 31)

No starting players are needed. Depth at any position could be improved. 

J

• Like 1

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Updating the Chiefs, several lists, and many fans have it very wrong. The first and only true need is DT, because they literally cannot afford both Chris Jones and Pat Mahomes. The have the franchise tag on Jones, so most likely he plays for them this year. They have signed or resigned significant help in some areas and have proven players returning in others.

Without more ado:

1) DT
2) Edge
3) DB
4) OT (age at both ends)
5) TE (Kelce will be 31)

No starting players are needed. Depth at any position could be improved. 

J

My list would look like
1. OG
2. DT
3. Edge
4. DB
5. LB
6. OT
7. TE
LG is the weak point on our OL and LDT might get cut after this season.

Update on Texans after the Cooks trade

EDGE:  Watt and Mercilus are our only pass rushing threats. Texans need to get a younger EDGE rusher to help out the secondary.

NT:  Losing DJ Reader makes this a need.  Texans need someone to shed blocks and stop the run.

OG:  Sergio Kalemente and Zach Fulton arent good.  Texans need to upgrade at guard.

CB:  Texans dont have a real number 1 CB.  Roby has shown flashes while also being inconsistent.

WR:  Stills and Fuller might not be on the team next year.  

RB:  Duke Johnson is a FA in 2021 and David Johnson has only had 1 legit season in his career. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

As of now, for the first time in a long time, the Bucs are in a position where we can truly take BPA regardless of position. If I HAD TO break down positions that we should be targeting for competition/depth/future, I would say: DL (interior and edge), QBOTF, OL (particularly T), and possibly RB and S. Some positions we should NOT be drafting are WR, TE, and ILB.

• 4 weeks later...

Seahawks 2021

1. IDL - Jarran Reed will be in the last year of his, and Seattle doesnt have a 3T on the roster that is a sufficient replacement. That being said, Seattle looks poised to go cheap along the DLINE, relying on bargin bin vets, UDFA, and Practice Squad thefts.

2. FS - Quandre Diggs will be in the last year of his contract. Might be a cap causality with no dead $ in 2021. Seattle's scheme is incredibly demanding of the FS, expecting the single high to be a center fielder, cutting down anything over the top. Needs to be a 4.3-4.4 guy with excellent discipline and high IQ. This is continguent on Blair's recovery, AND whether he stays at SLOT or kicks back to safety in 2021.

3. CB - Shaq Griffin and Q Dunbar are both FA at the end of 2020. Would leave Tre Flowers as the only boundary CB on the roster. I think Seattle locks Shaq to an extension, but with the potentially squeezed cap in 2021, Seattle might opt to penny pinch and let Shaq walk. Seattle is VERY stingy with drafting boundary CB. Shaq was the highest drafted in the 3rd round, pretty much all other CB's taken have been 5th or later. Profile is long, physical, fast, zone capable and HAS to be a  willing tackler.

4. WR - Tyler Lockett will be in the last year of his contact in 2021. Low chance he is moved, unless its a prime draft pick. Even then, very unlikely. That being said, Seattle cupboard is very empty beyond DK and Tyler. David Moore is a FA in 2021, and probably worth more on the open market than Seattle will be willing to pay. Freddie Swain looks to be a slot guy. Therefore, finding another boundary WR to take pressure of DK would be great. TBH, its really hard to peg Seattle's profile at WR. 

5. LT-RT - Both Brown and Shell will are FA after 2021. John Schneider usually likes to draft ahead 1 year with pending FA. Shell might be a candidate to be extended. Maybe Brown too if he decides to play until 37+. IDK. But Seattle really needs to get some youth at the tackle position or at least someone to mold in either of those two slots opening up in 2022. 

6. EDGE - Usually a giant need here, but Seattle has filled out their edge position recently with players. Tayler, Robinson (LEO), Collier, Green (5TECH) are probably slotted into the depth chart for the foreseeable future, along with Dunlap IF they decided to keep his 14.0 cap hit (which looking at his production so far, a no brainer). With that in mind Seattle probably attempts to upgrade the position through FA/TRADE, so I dont know if they use prime capital here to address the position. Snatching another situational, 3rd rusher would be nice though. 

Edited by animaltested

2021 NY Giants biggest needs -

1- Edge Rusher / Have a solid group of men up front but we need the guy who can come down and wreak havoc. 

2- #1 WR / Could be equal to our first need considering which Giants fan u talk to. Its an equal toss up depending on who would be available to us in the 1st round. 

3- Cornerback / 2nd corner to go opposite Bradberry. 

4- Oline depth

5- Dline depth

On 12/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, kingseanjohn said:

At the time, I felt LB and DL would benefit us more assuming we lost Jones. This is a great draft for us to go BPA. Today, in no order, I’d probably go:

C - need a new starter

OG - need a new LG

LB - need a playmaker to start

CB - need the depth plus a potential starter

RB - I don’t believe Darwin is the answer and there’s some good guys coming out that would be a big, immediate upgrade 

This is assuming that we can keep Pennel and Jones. With his recent play, Fuller may be cheap enough to keep around. I think we can get backend WR and CB depth in free agency or later rounds. 

One year later to the day and I think our needs are near the exact same. Just swap RB for WR and add DE.

C - Both of ours are FA

OG - Need depth/competition

LB - Need a consistent playmaker

CB - Need the depth

DE - Our pass rush is lacking this year when we don't blitz. Plus our #2, 3 and 4 DE are FA and Clark is overpaid and a potential cap casualty the following year.