Re-grading the 2018 draft class, one year in

beardown3231

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It depends. If Amos leaves in FA, I'd take James over time, but I would have rather had Smith this year. The speed difference between Smith and Kwiatkoski is substantial. Smith had a good year but it's not talked about nationally because James and Chubb were great.

As for O'Neill, no thanks. Miller is going to be really good and I'm not sure loudmouth BON is going to ever be better than average. Plus O'Neill would have rode the bench this year and I trust Pace to find a player in O'Neill's ballpark to replace Massie.

I didn't really watch O'Neill closely.  I know they were just hyping that he hadn't given up sacks.

Miller I think is going to be good.  I just think WR's are easier to find than OTs.

Good point on Smith.  I think Kwiatkoski was a big reason we lost Packers game.  He just doesn't have closing speed.   It would have left a hole at ILB.

Edmunds would have filled that hole I think.  He looks to me like he can play.  James is a special talent too.  

Neither here nor there anyway. 

55 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Edmunds would have filled that hole I think.  He looks to me like he can play.  James is a special talent too.  

From the little i have seen of him I thought Edmunds looked pretty good. Flew around, took on blockers with aggression, made some tackles near the LOS and near the sideline. 

To me he is what most of us expected. Athletic and talented, but a bit raw. Looked like BUF made a good pick so far, but hope they keep developing him. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

From the little i have seen of him I thought Edmunds looked pretty good. Flew around, took on blockers with aggression, made some tackles near the LOS and near the sideline. 

To me he is what most of us expected. Athletic and talented, but a bit raw. Looked like BUF made a good pick so far, but hope they keep developing him. 

Agreed.  Bears Bro now called something else had a podcast with Buf reporter about Bills team pre game.

They watch every play and practice like super fans here do.  Not me, but some of you guys.  He said Edmunds started a bit slow and made some mistakes like you said, but came on really strong.  I saw him play twice.  Looked real good to me.  

He was hurt for Bears game.  Guy looks huge on the field.  Looks like a 4-3 DE playing LB, but runs like a LB.  I saw him get hands on some balls in coverage too.  He's really long like Floyd.

Archived