Tampa Bay set to hire Bruce Arians as HC

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Surprised. I thought he was only interested in Cleveland? Guess he changed his mind.

Also what does this say about Arizona that he faked his retirement to get out? lol

The rumor I heard 2-3 days ago was that he was interested in every job but Green Bay.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Surprised. I thought he was only interested in Cleveland? Guess he changed his mind.

Also what does this say about Arizona that he faked his retirement to get out? lol

I don't think it was fake. I think sometimes you feel burnt out from something and then you need to step away. Then when you are away, you feel the need to itch to come back. I could see that being it.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

On another note, I'm a little surprised the Bucs didn't opt for a defensive-minded coach.

I'm assuming that's because they hope that he can do something with Winston. Right now he's the most important thing for the team.

Wow. That's unlike TB. That's a really, really good hire.

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

On another note, I'm a little surprised the Bucs didn't opt for a defensive-minded coach.

Arians has generally done a great job of finding outstanding DCs. My guess is that Bowles comes with him.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wow. That's unlike TB. That's a really, really good hire.

Arians has generally done a great job of finding outstanding DCs. My guess is that Bowles comes with him.

That would be a great pickup for them. The Bucs have always seemed like perennial under-performers with the amount of distinguishable names they have on that side of the ball.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A coach who is still living off a reputation from a single year behind the whole "Cards lost everyone and still won". 

I would not be happy about this signing.

9-3 with the Colts. 

3 straight 10 win seasons with the Cardinals. 

8 wins with a team that played with Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert as quarterback, David Johnson out for the year, no offensive line to speak of. This year's team was in a better situation than last year's and they are drafting #1 overall. 

Seems like much more than 1 year to me. 

I don't get the hate a few people seem to have on him. Nobody is proclaiming him as a savior or the greatest coach ever, but he's been a quality coach. We have teams about to hire Mike McCarthy and Mike Munchak, but we don't like the hire of a guy who largely has had his teams exceeding their expected win totals? I'm not sure what else people want.

Archived