Tampa Bay set to hire Bruce Arians as HC

Broncofan

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Deon Bucannon averaged 840 defensive snaps a year from '14-'17 and played only 389 this season due to injury, again

no, he didn't play because he wasn't any good. he got outplayed by bynes and reddick. he was unplayable because he would get washed in the run game every play because the dline is one gapping now.

Losing Nkem to injury was huge

bob kim has played like 6 games in his career. dude is always hurt. idk if he is any good anyways 

Matheui

he played well for a year and a half out of the five he was here. he was always recovering from injury. Budda, as a rookie, outplayed him last year. he didn't get asked to take a pay cut and then get released because he was playing awesome.

Jefferson

Swearinger 

swearinger played one year here. jefferson is a solid safety who was replaced by another solid saftey. boston, budda, and bethea is a good safety group. probably the strongest position group on the team.

so your argument is that losing campbell is the reason we suck now, fair. (tho our defense was still good w/o him that one year).

20 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Alot of assumptions going on in this post.

ok, these are things he actually did: took over a 2-2 team and went 9-3. took a qb who the cards got for a sixth round pick (you know what qbs are traded for a 6th round pick? not very good ones) and turned him into an mvp candidate. went 11-5 in a season where drew stanton and ryan lindley threw 60% of the passes that season. went 8-8 with stanton and gabbert as the qbs, kerwynn wililams leading the rbs in touches, and a terrible oline. has won 62% of his games.

I agree based on those things it is only logical to come to the conclusion that Arians isn't a good coach and all of his success was fluky and based on powers beyond his control. 

43 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

took over a 2-2 team and went 9-3.

....against a total of 3 teams with winning records and went 1-2 in those. 8 of those 9 wins were against teams with losing records. This goes back to my point to the other poster about Colts and Luck.

45 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

took a qb who the cards got for a sixth round pick (you know what qbs are traded for a 6th round pick? not very good ones) and turned him into an mvp candidate.

So now we're crediting Arians for "turning" a 15-16 year veteran QB at the age of 36 year old? One who was already successful in the past at that. Cmon man. These reaches are getting ridiculous. 

Palmer was a solid QB in Cincy. He had alot of baggage and that is the only reason he was a 6th round pick.

55 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

went 11-5 in a season where drew stanton and ryan lindley threw 60% of the passes that season. 

Speaking of reaches....

I mean.....THIS is supposed to be a highlight? Not only did they not throw 60% of their passes, it was worse. They completed 55 and 48% of their passes, and went 9-9 in TD/INT. And that's on 333 attempts.

They went 11-5 because Bowles defense.

A coach is supposed to have a strong suit, whether that's offense or defense and Arians is supposed to be the former. But yet he's had just one good season offensively mixed in with terrible ones. That tells me I don't even want this guy to be an OC. Much less give him MORE responsibilities at a higher position.

That's like going on a vacation in a car you don't even trust to get you to the local gas station.

---------------------------------

But I mean, if you're happy with him, fine, good luck. I just know that I wouldn't be is all. Just my 2.

35 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So now we're crediting Arians for "turning" a 15-16 year veteran QB at the age of 36 year old? One who was already successful in the past at that. Cmon man. These reaches are getting ridiculous. 

Yes, 15 years is enough proof that he isn't a MVP candidate. 

37 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I mean.....THIS is supposed to be a highlight? Not only did they not throw 60% of their passes, it was worse. They completed 55 and 48% of their passes, and went 9-9 in TD/INT. And that's on 333 attempts.

Yes, because they suck. It's hard to win when you have terrible QBs in case you didn't know.

Your evidence that he is not a good coach is that he hired a coach that did a good job at his job and he dominated a weak schedule for 12 games. I'm super convinced. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes, 15 years is enough proof that he isn't a MVP candidate. 

Go get yourself a 15 year old dog and see if you can teach him new tricks. 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes, because they suck. It's hard to win when you have terrible QBs in case you didn't know.

Cool. So Rex Ryan should be applying for a job as we speak. 

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Your evidence that he is not a good coach is that he hired a coach that did a good job at his job and he dominated a weak schedule for 12 games. I'm super convinced. 

No. No that's not it. It's only how you wanna take it while glossing over the rest.

But hey. Like I said before if your happy with him, then enjoy. I'll just sit back and watch...

Just now, CKSteeler said:

I'm just wondering what the hell Arians sees in the Tampa job football wise.

Being paid to retire to Florida?

Seriously though, I agree. He's walking into a situtation where he's starting with the worst roster in the division and the worst QB in the division. And that's not meant as a big criticism of TB either - the NFCS is stacked across the board. Any of the other three teams could easily make a SB push next year with just a couple of tweaks, whilst TB is looking to either bring in a brand new QB, overhaul the defense or maybe both.

Arians has a history of getting the most out of QBs, sure, and the TB offense has skill position players many teams would be envious of, but it's realisitically a 4+ year commitment to turn the team into a championship calibre squad. Does Arians have that much time? Not saying he's dying, but he's already retired once.

I would have taken the Cleveland job if I were him - you've got a raw by exciting young QB, plus three teams in the division that are either re-building themselves, or heading that way soon.

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So Rex Ryan should be applying for a job as we speak. 

Yes, the guy who coached 8 years and over the last six had zero winning seasons. 

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Like I said before if your happy with him, then enjoy.

I'm not a Bucs fan lol. I'll probably watch the Bucs zero times over his tenure (if he gets the job)

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes, the guy who coached 8 years and over the last six had zero winning seasons. 

I'm not a Bucs fan lol. I'll probably watch the Bucs zero times over his tenure (if he gets the job)

Ahh, okay. It seemed like you were getting super defensive which is usually the trait of a fan.

The best thing for Arians would be to bring back Bowles on defense, find a quality OC and then give up play-calling for good. IMO.

16 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Being paid to retire to Florida?

Seriously though, I agree. He's walking into a situtation where he's starting with the worst roster in the division and the worst QB in the division. And that's not meant as a big criticism of TB either - the NFCS is stacked across the board. Any of the other three teams could easily make a SB push next year with just a couple of tweaks, whilst TB is looking to either bring in a brand new QB, overhaul the defense or maybe both.

Arians has a history of getting the most out of QBs, sure, and the TB offense has skill position players many teams would be envious of, but it's realisitically a 4+ year commitment to turn the team into a championship calibre squad. Does Arians have that much time? Not saying he's dying, but he's already retired once.

I would have taken the Cleveland job if I were him - you've got a raw by exciting young QB, plus three teams in the division that are either re-building themselves, or heading that way soon.

With an average defense they’re a playoff team 

Archived