Tampa Bay set to hire Bruce Arians as HC

Broncofan

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

LOL. Wait, what? This is WAY left field because Irsay was not ever going to replace Pagano. Arians was only stepping in because Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia. Arians was made interim from Pagano because of the long history between them dating back to the 00's. The same reason Arians brought in Bowles to be the DC (Pagano, Arians and Bowles all have CLE ties). Who in turn, brought in Betcher, who also served under Pagano, and happened to also later become Bowles successor when he left for NY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But whatever, I'll play along. 

Based on what, his 9-3 record in the worst division in football? 

What would have been the difference between him and Pagano? You would still had a QB (Luck) who would continue to highly benefit from playing in a weak division to only fall back to earth against other opponents for the next 3 years. It's not as if Arians is some QB guru and he damn sure is not a good OC or play-caller.

This sounds like another case of someone looking at a teams final record and giving all credit the HC while ignoring other factors. Yet these same people have spent the last decade making jokes about the Bengals (rightfully so) for keeping Marvin but he has the winz? 

Reminds me so much of JDR's career. People were enamoured by his "success" in JAX calling him a "defensive genius", great leader, etc. Then it quickly changed from that to JDR becoming a running joke. All of this because most people didn't realize that had it not been for Mike Brown, JDR would have most likely been out of the league long ago.

People pretending like Arians is this great motivational coach who is the sole reason for success (despite not being able to carry his own weight in the facet he is known for) are completely forgetting about him throwing his own team under the bus. 

I just don't get it personally. But to each his own I guess. 

Given the circumstances, perhaps he changed his attitude in this instance putting the team behind Pagano fully and having them play above their competency level.

I just think, if the above is true, that it was enough to keep him as the HC and move on from Pagano. This is regardless or not if under normal circumstances he's not one to motivate a team.

I can't say and arguing so is 20/20 hindsight.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Y'all goofed and cried about it. So we had to swap meaningless picks. 😂

Officially the most recent coach trade in NFL history.

Congrats NFL you continue to let this policy exist for reasons.

FYI this means the bucs will inherit Arians cardinals contract, whether they rip that up or just extend on like 2-3 years is anyone's guess.

6 hours ago, kramxel said:

The best hire, so far. Arians is a great HC!

I laugh when people compare him to old coaches, just because of his age. Unlike those "old coaches" Arians' success is not in another decade.

Yup.

I love my boy Freddie, but Arians was my top choice. Has proven to be successful in this league, and it's not like his success happened years and years ago. His worst season was a year they went 7-8-1. And as soon as he leaves, Arizona becomes the worst team in the league.

Fantastic hire for TB. And if Winston doesn't improve under Arians, then I don't think anyone can fix Winston.

Archived