Secondary Going forward

IrishHooligan00

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll bet you felt great about it until the 4th Q last night?

No that goes even before yesterday´s game. I expect him to play aggressively, given his size he must, but exactly because of that he is better suited for the slot or a S/CB hybrid like the Packers used to do with Charles Woodson.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Couldn't disagree more. Rasul struggles whenever he has to put his back to the QB. He also has the ballhawking mentality. He would be much better suited at CF safety rather than having to turn around to catch up to receivers that run by him. He's not a hard hitter.

I disagree. They moved Maddox to CF when McLeod was hurt because his inability to consistently tackle in space. Run recognition near the LOS has been his best attribute since he's been in the fold. He's not strong enough at the POA to take on that box safety role but that can be worked on over the next year. All Jenkins does in the slot is reroute slot guys as he works to his coverage area he doesn't have his back to the QB on purpose! 

Not many DB play well with their backs to the QB they have to play the ball through the receiver.  

I say Douglas still projects in the future to be more like Jenkins (converted safety) than Sherman (press cover corner). No not a prediction on ability just saying his hips are tight

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

They all suck. Just feeding off Foles right now, but they will suck as soon as Wentz starts.

Read this, instantly thought sounds like Jeezla, looked up and saw your Avi. 

Never change, never change. 😎

As much as I hope I'm wrong, because I loved him coming out and want him to be good, Sidney Jones doesn't look like anything special. Next year is going to be big for him to stay healthy, but I'm not going to just assume he is going to start. I think we need to bring in a couple of players to compete at CB this offseason. 

I like what I have seen from Maddox and I think we should start him Safety/CB hybrid. 

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

As much as I hope I'm wrong, because I loved him coming out and want him to be good, Sidney Jones doesn't look like anything special. Next year is going to be big for him to stay healthy, but I'm not going to just assume he is going to start. I think we need to bring in a couple of players to compete at CB this offseason. 

I like what I have seen from Maddox and I think we should start him Safety/CB hybrid. 

Agreed here. Jones shouldn't prevent us from acquiring CB talent this off-season. As a matter of fact, I think he should be a reason why we do acquire more talent. The guy just can't be counted on. He's a mere wildcard in my eyes. Nothing more. Big disappointment in my eyes.

The only good thing to come out of all of these injuries is the considerable playing time Douglas, Maddox and even LeBlanc got this year. Added to Jones, Mills and Darby we should  at the minimum  have two Starters ready to roll going into next year with plenty of "depth" with experience.

Just need to hope Sidney  can get healthy and become  the CB he was in College. Injuries are derailing his career thus far and overall play.

I think McLeod will be released for cap savings, although we could see how underappreciated he was while he was playing. 

Howie needs to draft at least two safeties. I think it has to be one of the priorities. The team is extremely lucky with Jenkins never missing an Eagles game.

I like Darby - I hope he gets a 1 year prove it deal. 

Rasul should remain at corner, Jones and Maddox and LeBlanc can compete for the nickel. 

How more stupid Daryl Worley's offseason DUI looks now? I mean, he could have been an important piece after all these injuries after all. 

Archived