Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IrishHooligan00

Secondary Going forward

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Pretty much. 

I will be absolutely shocked if the Eagles pick anything besides OL or DL in round 1. 

We'll see I guess. I think it just depends how high they are on their board. 

Most likely selected position is DL though since its pretty deep this year and then our issues there. Graham is a FA. Jernigan should prob be cut just based on his high contract number. Bennett is still very productive, but he's old. Long might retire. Barnett is coming off a season ending injury. Sweat hasn't shown enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We'll see I guess. I think it just depends how high they are on their board. 

Most likely selected position is DL though since its pretty deep this year and then our issues there. Graham is a FA. Jernigan should prob be cut just based on his high contract number. Bennett is still very productive, but he's old. Long might retire. Barnett is coming off a season ending injury. Sweat hasn't shown enough. 

If they cut Timmy and Long retires, I’d be willing to bet Graham is back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

If they cut Timmy and Long retires, I’d be willing to bet Graham is back

I was just naming possibilities, but for the right price I'd welcome BG back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was just naming possibilities, but for the right price I'd welcome BG back.

This team cares too much about the d-line to let the worst case scenario happen.

To me, I think they they do either/or with Long or Graham. I’d be very surprised to see both gone. 

If they decide they want to keep Timmy, I think they can restructure him to heavily reduce his cap hit. Since that injury pretty much voided all his guarantees.

No matter what happens, I could easily see 2 out of the 3 first picks being DE and DT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

MADDY-768x431.png

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Avonte Maddox, who allowed just 18 receptions from 33 targets for 218 yards across his 391 coverage snaps in the regular season, allowed a league-low 0.56 yards per coverage snap in 2018. The rookie Pittsburgh product barely beat the likes of Arizona Cardinalsveteran Patrick Peterson (0.63), but giving credit where credit’s due, Peterson did play nearly 200 more coverage snaps than Maddox this season.

As he Logged two interceptions and allowed just one touchdown in the process, Maddox also led the same group of 86 NFL cornerbacks with 300-plus coverage snaps in passer rating allowed at 59.9. Miami Dolphins Xavien Howard (62.6) and Denver Broncos Chris Harris Jr. (63.6) finished second and third, respectively.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like Deja vu... heading into last year CB felt like a problem, then by the postseason we felt like we had an abundance of CB talent. Now this year is was the reverse, loved our CBs heading into the year, but by midseason it felt like our biggest need. We need to address CB big time this off season. I don't see any good corners on our roster right now that I'm comfortable with starting. Jones you ride with because of the investment and potential, but outside of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This feels like Deja vu... heading into last year CB felt like a problem, then by the postseason we felt like we had an abundance of CB talent. Now this year is was the reverse, loved our CBs heading into the year, but by midseason it felt like our biggest need. We need to address CB big time this off season. I don't see any good corners on our roster right now that I'm comfortable with starting. Jones you ride with because of the investment and potential, but outside of him?

yeah but we are talking about a completely new set of players why hold the formers short comings on the newers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This feels like Deja vu... heading into last year CB felt like a problem, then by the postseason we felt like we had an abundance of CB talent. Now this year is was the reverse, loved our CBs heading into the year, but by midseason it felt like our biggest need. We need to address CB big time this off season. I don't see any good corners on our roster right now that I'm comfortable with starting. Jones you ride with because of the investment and potential, but outside of him?

They aren’t going to invest heavily in CB IMO. It just isn’t how this team is built. They are gonna put all their resources in D-line and safety and throw a bunch of cheaper bodies at LB and CB and see what sticks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

They aren’t going to invest heavily in CB IMO. It just isn’t how this team is built. They are gonna put all their resources in D-line and safety and throw a bunch of cheaper bodies at LB and CB and see what sticks. 

It seems as if that’s the new technique Howie is incorporating. Young, controllable bodies at CB and high priced DL. Stands to reason. Having two expensive CBs cripple your salary structure. But having a relatively expensive, veteran S duo that can watch over them while your money at DL can create havoc seems to be effective. I mean, having a guy like Jenkins makes that all work but we know he’s a special player. It’ll be hard to pull that off without him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It seems as if that’s the new technique Howie is incorporating. Young, controllable bodies at CB and high priced DL. Stands to reason. Having two expensive CBs cripple your salary structure. But having a relatively expensive, veteran S duo that can watch over them while your money at DL can create havoc seems to be effective. I mean, having a guy like Jenkins makes that all work but we know he’s a special player. It’ll be hard to pull that off without him. 

Unless you find an absolute game changer at CB. It really makes sense to load up with as many decent to good cheap players at the position. You need 4-5 decent players at CB. Not 1 great player and 4 dudes who are trash. You’ll still get destroyed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If they cut Timmy and Long retires, I’d be willing to bet Graham is back

should move on from him no matter what dont need to pay big money to an old pass rusher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

should move on from him no matter what dont need to pay big money to an old pass rusher. 

Michael Bennett disagrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Michael Bennett disagrees

right we only need 1 old pass rusher and bennett is on a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

right we only need 1 old pass rusher and bennett is on a good deal.

Graham is only 31. You act like he is ancient. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Graham is only 31. You act like he is ancient. 

he was drafted in the dark years before any superbowl titles. That is long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×