onejayhawk

On 4/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, Chiefer said:

Anybody see Todd McShays mock draft?

1) Garrett Bradbury C

2) miles Sanders RB

2b) Jachai Polite DE/OLB

3) Andy Isabella WR

I'm actually okay with it. Keep on helping the franchise QB 

Terrible priorities, IMO. Low value position in the first and second. We did just fine in spots last year with Reiter at C and Williams at RB. I'd be fine with upgrades at either, but not with how many needs we have on defense.

29: R1P29

EDGE MONTEZ SWEAT
MISSISSIPPI STATE
61: R2P29

CB JOEJUAN WILLIAMS
VANDERBILT
63: R2P31

ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M
92: R3P28

CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
167: R5P29

TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE STATE
201: R6P28

LB SIONE TAKITAKI
BYU
214: R6P41

DL RENELL WREN
ARIZONA ST
216: R7P2

LUKAS DENIS
BOSTON COLLEGE

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Terrible priorities, IMO. Low value position in the first and second. We did just fine in spots last year with Reiter at C and Williams at RB. I'd be fine with upgrades at either, but not with how many needs we have on defense.

I wouldn’t mind Bradbury in the first, he’s the complete package at C.  

Totally agree on RB though, not sure I’d take anyone in this class top 3 Rounds with our current set up.

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah its all about the board at that point. While i agree with you on principle, but I dont want to reach on a defensive guy just because its a need. This should be prime S territory in theory.

Bradbury has all-pro potential and should keep Mahomes healthy for years(the most important thing). Only thing i wonder is can he pull, but hes athletic enough.

I dont like the RB pick, I mean i like Sanders. But you cant just avoid defense for so long.

18 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Pretty sure Tyrann is the SS

From what I've heard Spags needs a SS who can do everything. And that fits the Badger to a tee. He can cover TEs, slot, the run game he's great. Not that he can't work deep centerfield but I'm sure hell be in the mix for that.

McShay (ESPN) and others (like Adam Rank, NFL.com) are calling for Abram to be KC's choice. I like it too.

""On the Clock composite; Big Board", same, difficult settings:

29: R1P29 WR A.J. BROWN OLE MISS

61: R2P29 C ELGTON JENKINS MISS. STATE

63: R2P31 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND

92: R3P28 CB DAVID LONG MICHIGAN

167: R5P29 RB BRYCE LOVE STANFORD

201: R6P28 EDGE JORDAN BRAILFORD OKLAHOMA ST.

214: R6P41 CB JORDAN BROWN SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

216: R7P2 P JAKE BAILEY STANFORD

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

""On the Clock composite; Big Board", same, difficult settings:

29: R1P29 WR A.J. BROWN OLE MISS

61: R2P29 C ELGTON JENKINS MISS. STATE

63: R2P31 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND

92: R3P28 CB DAVID LONG MICHIGAN

167: R5P29 RB BRYCE LOVE STANFORD

201: R6P28 EDGE JORDAN BRAILFORD OKLAHOMA ST.

214: R6P41 CB JORDAN BROWN SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

216: R7P2 P JAKE BAILEY STANFORD

I don’t like Jenkins in our OL scheme, but that’d be a fantastic draft.

Really like Savage, Long, and Brown.  All 3 address the secondary and all have promising traits.

38 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Really like Savage, Long, and Brown.  All 3 address the secondary and all have promising traits.

I mostly agree. My biggest gripe is I believe that we should wait until next year to draft a RB. I also don't think we should draft a punter. Colquitt is signed til 2021 and there isn't really a punter this year that deserves drafting.

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

In my draft Jenkins and McCoy were left to pick from. I'd be happy with either. McCoy has bigger hands which actually might be better for hiking and blocking.

12 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

In my draft Jenkins and McCoy were left to pick from. I'd be happy with either. McCoy has bigger hands which actually might be better for hiking and blocking.

I’d take McCoy over Jenkins personally.  Much better movement skills.   Would not complain one bit with McCoy in the 2nd.

I like Jenkins, but not so much in our scheme.  He has excellent anchor skills,  but his feet are too slow to excel at C with Reid. 

Edited by samsel23

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

So I guess that means you're fine with T.Matthieu as our only safety aquired?

Personally I would never take a safety in the first unless they have plus skills in coverage and run defense.   I think taking Abram limits Mathieu to strict coverage duties and he loses quite a bit of what he does well.   Some other safeties i’d Be on board with in the first though 

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

So I guess that means you're fine with T.Matthieu as our only safety aquired?

No, but just because talking heads say we need a SS doesnt really mean we need one.

I definitely dont want to draft a lesser talented player just to appease fans hunger for MOAR defense.

Spags really doesnt ask too much from his FS, so we could probably roll with Watts/Lucas and be okay.

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Personally I would never take a safety in the first unless they have plus skills in coverage and run defense.   I think taking Abram limits Mathieu to strict coverage duties and he loses quite a bit of what he does well.   Some other safeties i’d Be on board with in the first though 

I agree, what do think of Nasir Adderly? Went to the same school as Veach.