On the Clock

onejayhawk

17 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I agree, what do think of Nasir Adderly? Went to the same school as Veach.

Adderley and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second if we took either in the first.  Really dig both of those guys.

Edited by samsel23

58 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Adderley and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second if we took either in the first.  Really dig both of those guys.

I like both of those guys and wouldn't be mad with either one. If the board falls crappy for us, one of them would be a great consolation prize.

6 hours ago, samsel23 said:

CGJ reminds me of the Badger in that Safety/slot hybrid role. Seems redundant to take him first, no?

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

CGJ reminds me of the Badger in that Safety/slot hybrid role. Seems redundant to take him first, no?

He’s pretty similar to Honey Badger, he has a little more deep range IMO, as long as he cleans up some mental errors.   I think they’d compliment each other well and be able to be interchangeable at times. 

This is totally unrealistic, but it's a byproduct of overdemand on EDGE. Williams is the top rated CB (#8) in the list but the 4th drafted. I could see it if there was some late-breaking news.

F/F/D

29: CB GREEDY WILLIAMS LSU
61: WR RILEY RIDLEY GEORGIA
63: CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON FLORIDA
92: ELGTON JENKINS MISSISSIPPI STATE
J

40 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is totally unrealistic, but it's a byproduct of overdemand on EDGE. Williams is the top rated CB (#8) in the list but the 4th drafted. I could see it if there was some late-breaking news.

F/F/D

29: CB GREEDY WILLIAMS LSU
61: WR RILEY RIDLEY GEORGIA
63: CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON FLORIDA
92: ELGTON JENKINS MISSISSIPPI STATE
J

Honestly, I really don’t want Greedy unless it’s like the 3rd round. If you thought Peters was an unwilling tackler, then Greedy isn’t for you. 

Rest St looks good but there’s no way CGJ last that long. 

Edited by kingseanjohn

I don't think it's that great. Hockenson yes. Jenkins no. Layne is very good and Mongomery late 3rd is nice. 

It seems to be in the system

29: TE TJ HOCKENSON IOWA
61: CB JULIAN LOVE NOTRE DAME
63: NASIR ADDERLEY DELAWARE
92: RB DAVID MONTGOMERY IOWA STATE

J

Edited by onejayhawk

Current on going mock on this site.  

Traded picks 61&63  for #34 and a 4th Round #135

29 pick in the 1st round the Kansas City Chiefs select:   Nassir Adderley, FS

2 pick in the 2nd round the Kansas City Chiefs select: DeAndre Baker, CB

29 pick in the 3rd round the Kansas City Chiefs select: *Joe Jackson, DE

Round: 4th* Pick: 33 Overall: 135 | Kansas City Chiefs

Round: 5th Pick: 29 Overall: 167 | Kansas City Chiefs

Round: 6th Pick: 29 Overall: 201 | Kansas City Chiefs

Round: 6th* Pick: 42 Overall: 214 | Kansas City Chiefs

Round: 7th Pick: 2 Overall: 216 | Kansas City Chiefs

Again, Adderly is a big reach at #29. Baker is a better pick there, then an Edge or IOL. 

This draft is DEEP at safety. We can get someone who will step in and play late in round 2. Trading up to about #50 is reasonable. The mid-2nd is thick with DB possibilities. Trading to the top of the round is overpaying for need. 

Some of the other sites produce strange results as well.

This is The Draft Network

29 Montez Sweat, EDGE Mississippi State

61 Rock Ya-Sin, CB Temple

63 Greg Little, OT Mississippi

92 Devin Singletary, RB FAU

J

Edited by onejayhawk

20 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I would not be happy with that.

CGJ is solid after #50, not 20+ picks higher. Layne is nice and Johnson is OK, but only one of them. Whichever Edge is top of the board works better at #29 than at #92.

J

Not seeing any value at Edge at pick 29,  all the top guys are almost always gone, most other are Round 2/3 projects.  Edge was a top priority, but at 29 there isn’t much there.   Disagree on CGJ, he’s a game changer in multi facets.  Not sure FS is that great of a need, but him or Adderley would let Honey Badger roam freely 

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Again, Adderly is a big reach at #29. Baker is a better pick there, then an Edge or IOL. 

This draft is DEEP at safety. We can get someone who will step in and play late in round 2. Trading up to about #50 is reasonable. The mid-2nd is thick with DB possibilities. Trading to the top of the round is overpaying for need. 

J

Picks 25-45 has a ton of value in this draft.  Once you start getting above pick 50the quality starts to drop off.