22 members have voted

1. 1. Top Draft Need (Not Including QB)

• WR
    • LG
    • MLB
    • OLB
    • CB
    • S

If we lose Norman, I think it's CB as we will lose ANOTHER one in 2 years. 

If we don't resign HaHa, then we have to address safety.

We of course need a guard, but i think we can get that middle rounds.

Preston is probably gone, but Ryan probably deserves a shot? Still need a backup for him/them. 

Sheesh. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If we lose Norman, I think it's CB as we will lose ANOTHER one in 2 years.

I agree, although I think we could sign another vet to be our #1.  Its hard to draft a guy and ask him to come in and be a #1 CB right away.  

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

f we don't resign HaHa, then we have to address safety.

There should be a ton of free agent options at Safety.  

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We of course need a guard, but i think we can get that middle rounds.

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Preston is probably gone, but Ryan probably deserves a shot? Still need a backup for him/them. 

OLB is my biggest need heading into the offseason.  I think Anderson is a role player but not a starter.  

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree, although I think we could sign another vet to be our #1.  Its hard to draft a guy and ask him to come in and be a #1 CB right away.  

There should be a ton of free agent options at Safety.  

Agreed.

OLB is my biggest need heading into the offseason.  I think Anderson is a role player but not a starter.  

I must be drinking ...Didn't you open this saying W R was number 1 need ?

Top Need is the LG position but I don't think we should take that position in round 1. I've always seen OG/C/RT as positions I’d like to see us address in rounds 2-4.

Now that's not always possible, if Cody Ford is the BPA on the board in round 1, then we should definitely take him in round 1 but I’d rather take a CB, ILB, OLB, QB, or WR in no particular order and then draft the best LG on the board - if there is one worthy of the selection - in round 2.

I went with WR because we arguably need to fill 2 roster spots there. I don't think Josh Doctson or Paul Richardson are starting caliber WR's.

But the LG spot is just as bad. Jonathan Cooper was a nice stopgap but I wouldn't want to rely on him as anything more than a backup.

Went WR. We dont have a top 100 receiver in the league and it shows. 55% targeted catches is best we have, while at the same time conjoined twins get more separation. Say Alex doesnt go down field, but the receivers are always covered to the point its not worth the risk to begin with. 

I went Safety. Mainly because because a back end talent, like Earl Thomas/Derwin James/Sean Taylor (RIP), is desperately needed and would be a game changer for us. Also another reason that this was my selection is that value for Safety with our first is better than any other position (IMO).

It absolutely could be argued for a lot of other positions, but talent, draft position, draft value and failed draft picks at other positions has me banging the table for a safety (preferably Alabama FS).

19 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I went Safety. Mainly because because a back end talent, like Earl Thomas/Derwin James/Sean Taylor (RIP), is desperately needed and would be a game changer for us. Also another reason that this was my selection is that value for Safety with our first is better than any other position (IMO).

It absolutely could be argued for a lot of other positions, but talent, draft position, draft value and failed draft picks at other positions has me banging the table for a safety (preferably Alabama FS).

What safety available is rated higher than the top 3 LBs, the top WRs or top edge rushers?

Nevermind... Deionte Thompson the FS from Alabama, correct?

I’m with you, if he declares after the national championship game and he's on the board for us, I’d take him too.

Archived