1. 1. Top Draft Need (Not Including QB)

• WR
    • LG
    • MLB
    • OLB
    • CB
    • S

54 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I went Safety. Mainly because because a back end talent, like Earl Thomas/Derwin James/Sean Taylor (RIP), is desperately needed and would be a game changer for us. Also another reason that this was my selection is that value for Safety with our first is better than any other position (IMO).

It absolutely could be argued for a lot of other positions, but talent, draft position, draft value and failed draft picks at other positions has me banging the table for a safety (preferably Alabama FS).

I can't remember where I read this at, because it was right in the middle of all of the Swearinger/Lafemina nonsense, but apparently Bruce Allen does not value safety as much as the rest of the NFL, which shows in how they've approached the position in the draft and free agency.  

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I can't remember where I read this at, because it was right in the middle of all of the Swearinger/Lafemina nonsense, but apparently Bruce Allen does not value safety as much as the rest of the NFL, which shows in how they've approached the position in the draft and free agency.  

I don't know if I believe that, Bruce Allen wanted to take Eric Berry over Trent Williams in 2010, Shanahan wanted Trent Williams, so we took Trent Williams.

Also, if true, is MKnight82 Bruce Allen? Because he's cried and whined that safety is the least important position on the field for as long as he's been active on footballs future... Lol 😆 

He hated Landon Collins as a prospect and so many other good safeties in the NFL right now as prospects just bc of the position they played and not because of how good of a football player they are, which is ridiculous.

We need a lot of positions, so much that I can't come up with one that we need above any else.  It's a multi-year process to get this team to where they need to be.  QB is obviously a need, whether or not that's a big name guy drafted in the early rounds or a developmental guy picked later.  We need plenty of help at WR.  We could be looking to fill two TE spots.  LG is a position that needed to be filled for the past couple years.  MLB and OLB are both needs, as a corner and safety.  

Free agency, for the little cap space we will have, will definitely clear this list up a bit, but the Redskins have way more needs and too little cap space to be even close to contending next year.  I hope they take the Alex Smith poison pill and eat the contract all at once, but I doubt it. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

We need a lot of positions, so much that I can't come up with one that we need above any else.  It's a multi-year process to get this team to where they need to be.  QB is obviously a need, whether or not that's a big name guy drafted in the early rounds or a developmental guy picked later.  We need plenty of help at WR.  We could be looking to fill two TE spots.  LG is a position that needed to be filled for the past couple years.  MLB and OLB are both needs, as a corner and safety.  

Free agency, for the little cap space we will have, will definitely clear this list up a bit, but the Redskins have way more needs and too little cap space to be even close to contending next year.  I hope they take the Alex Smith poison pill and eat the contract all at once, but I doubt it. 

We can have $50 million in cap space if we cut the dead weight on our roster:

Norman, Zach Brown, McGee, Mason Foster and Vernon Davis.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We can have $50 million in cap space if we cut the dead weight on our roster:

Norman, Zach Brown, McGee, Mason Foster and Vernon Davis.

And then you have a ton of other holes to fix, even if they are replaced by depth players.  And other teams will do the same and create more cap space, so compared to the rest of the board, we will still be in the bottom third of teams with cap space.  

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What do you think is the Redskins top draft need heading into the offseason?  Let's ignore QB for now.

Need, if defined as "position that they have nothing at?" Left guard.

Need, if defined as "position that a talent upgrade would have the biggest impact?" Middle linebacker.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Need, if defined as "position that a talent upgrade would have the biggest impact?" Middle linebacker.

I mean, if we were a college program, we would've been advertising for walk ons after all of the guard injuries.  We definitely need a starter and depth on the offensive line this off-season. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

B-b-b-but Reuben Foster...

If we keep Haha, Safety moves down the list but I don’t know how anyone can say LG/S aren’t the biggest “draft needs”. We have nobody.

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And then you have a ton of other holes to fix, even if they are replaced by depth players.  And other teams will do the same and create more cap space, so compared to the rest of the board, we will still be in the bottom third of teams with cap space.  

I don't care, we have young players that I’d rather see starting anyways already on our roster. Then, we have the draft too. 

I just want to re-sign our young guys -especially Scherff - and keep rolling with the youth movement.

I could care less if our starters are this next year:

QB: McCoy

RB: Peterson/Guice, CT

LT: TWill

LG: Cooper or Rookie

C: Roullier

RG: Scherff

RT: Moses

TE: Reed

WR: PRich

WR: Doctson

Slot: Crowder (if re-signed) or Quinn

Defense:

RDE: Jon Allen

NT: Payne

LDE: Ioanidis

ROLB: Psmith (if re-signed), Anderson or Rookie

Mike: Ruben Foster or Shaun Dion Hamilton

WILB: SDH, Josh Harvey Clemons or rookie

LOLB: Kerrigan

RCB: Dunny

LCB: Moreau

#3 CB: Stroman, Alexander or rookie who plays outside in nickel w/ Moreau moving to slot

SS: Everret or Nicholson

FS: Nicholson, Apke or rookie 

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't care, we have young players that I’d rather see starting anyways already on our roster. Then, we have the draft too. 

I just want to re-sign our young guys -especially Scherff - and keep rolling with the youth movement.

I could care less if our starters are this next year:

QB: McCoy

RB: Peterson/Guice

LT: TWill

LG: Cooper or Rookie

C: Roullier

RG: Scherff

RT: Moses

TE: Reed

WR: PRich

WR: Doctson

Slot: Quinn

Defense:

RDE: Jon Allen

NT: Settle

LDE: Ioanidis

ROLB: Psmith (if re-signed), Anderson or Rookie

Mike: Ruben Foster or Shaun Dion Hamilton

WILB: SDH, Josh Harvey Clemons or rookie

LOLB: Kerrigan

RCB: Dunny

LCB: Moreau

#3 CB: Stroman, Alexander or rookie who plays outside in nickel w/ Moreau moving to slot

SS: Everret or Nicholson

FS: Nicholson, Apke or rookie 

I’m sure you accidentally left our first round stand out NT (Payne-train) from the starting list.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I’m sure you accidentally left our first round stand out NT (Payne-train) from the starting list.

I did, Crap, I meant Payne there and NOT Settle. Also I should add a Crowder disclaimer like I had with Psmith.

Archived