49ers DB coach Jeff Hafley took Job with Ohio State as CO-D coordinator

49erurtaza

OSU likes poaching our coaches apparently (Ryan Day, current OSU HC, was a quarterback coach for us under Chip)

But this is could potentially be good news. I was never uber impressed by Hafley's career here, and I would hope that we put the full court press on someone like Vance or Wilks to get them to come here and be a DB coach. Of course, we could miss out on both of them and get someone worse than Hafley, but can't help that given Hafley is leaving of his own accord. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

OSU likes poaching our coaches apparently (Ryan Day, current OSU HC, was a quarterback coach for us under Chip)

But this is could potentially be good news. I was never uber impressed by Hafley's career here, and I would hope that we put the full court press on someone like Vance or Wilks to get them to come here and be a DB coach. Of course, we could miss out on both of them and get someone worse than Hafley, but can't help that given Hafley is leaving of his own accord. 

I agree glad we where able to maybe shake something up with our coaches on D. Hopefully we get Wilks.

I think this move opens the doors for Falcons ex DC Manuel, and Shannys good friend, to come be our DB coach and probably Co DC with Saleh to help him out. Another average or slightly below season from Saleh this up coming year is probably all the leash he’ll get. 

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

I think this move opens the doors for Falcons ex DC Manuel, and Shannys good friend, to come be our DB coach and probably Co DC with Saleh to help him out. Another average or slightly below season from Saleh this up coming year is probably all the leash he’ll get. 

Good call 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I like this idea a lot. I want Saleh looking over his shoulder, nervous. Get him thinking and scheming to keep his job, hopefully by putting together good game plans.

55 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Best offseason move so far. Great addition to the team. Nobody should do less damage to our developing DBs.

Exactly!! When none of the young DBs improve from year one to year two, then there is something wrong with the way you are developing them. Manuel has to be the guy here. 

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I like this idea a lot. I want Saleh looking over his shoulder, nervous. Get him thinking and scheming to keep his job, hopefully by putting together good game plans.

I agree, not that I think Manuel is the ideal DC to take his place, but by getting him “help” maybe we put just enough heat on him for his game plan to get a little more aggressive and diverse. Turnovers and sacks are usually created through scheme, not by sitting back and waiting for a mistake. That usually only works on the below average teams who are running out QBs like...Beat hard. (Still love that guy though and want him to become the next Trent “I beg to” Dilfer.)

Would make sense to go after Manual he has connections with Shanahan and Saleh.

He has developed some good DBs with the falcons. 

Maybe haley accepted another job knowing that our plan was to hire Manuel as our DB coach?

Accepting the new job without getting fired looks waaaay better on a resume. 

Changes to the defensive staff, hooray

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Maybe haley accepted another job knowing that our plan was to hire Manuel as our DB coach?

Accepting the new job without getting fired looks waaaay better on a resume. 

Changes to the defensive staff, hooray

Co-DC>>secondaries coach 

Archived