Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

Ideally, you're trading him to a team with a lot more in terms of needs outside of QB (so, a team that wouldn't win very much with Wentz). Trading him for a handful of picks that end up in the 20s doesn't really accomplish much.

I keep saying this.  When a young QB who is not established in the league gets a season ending injury, you can't just assume he returns to form.  We've seen this with Derek Carr.  Deshaun Watson was electric as a rookie and at times looked unstoppable - He sure didn't look that way this year.  Wentz was the MVP front runner and while he was good this year, it wasn't like his MVP caliber season.  AND Wentz got hurt again this season.  And, the Eagles team has been EXTREMELY successful without Carson Wentz. 

I'm not saying Wentz sucks and he's not worth trading for or that the Eagles should even consider trading him.  I'm just saying, this may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I don't think a trade involving Wentz is ever on the cards, BUT, hypothetically..

Drawing a blank after NYG. You want a team with a good draft pick, QB needy and can offer more. So, what do they have, the 6th pick? Send that, Eli and maybe one of their good DBs? Like I said, can't see it from anywhere truth be told.

Just now, showtime said:

If the Eagles won the SB this year, you couldn't even justify Carson Wentz being the starting QB anymore.

Yeah because he was so awful this year right??? 9 months removed from tearing up all of his knee. 

Foles winning another SB is tapped out and maxed out... Wentz is the long term answer. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't think a trade involving Wentz is ever on the cards, BUT, hypothetically..

Drawing a blank after NYG. You want a team with a good draft pick, QB needy and can offer more. So, what do they have, the 6th pick? Send that, Eli and maybe one of their good DBs? Like I said, can't see it from anywhere truth be told.

Trade a potential franchise qb to the Giants? I don’t see it either. Definitely wouldn’t want Eli to backup Foles with that contract.  

I had a conversation with my friend a Pats fan last night that went something like this

Him: "If yall win the Superbowl with Foles you have to trade Wentz"

Me: "Why? Wentz is better"

Him: "Nah he's not and he's injury prone yo"

Me: "How bout we give u Foles for when Brady retires?"

Him: "Nah Id rather have Wentz"

Me: "..."

1 minute ago, Eagles23 said:

I had a conversation with my friend a Pats fan last night that went something like this

Him: "If yall win the Superbowl with Foles you have to trade Wentz"

Me: "Why? Wentz is better"

Him: "Nah he's not and he's injury prone yo"

Me: "How bout we give u Foles for when Brady retires?"

Him: "Nah Id rather have Wentz"

Me: "..."

I mean...if you're offering Foles...

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The Eagles would never trade Wentz to the Giants ever.

They should move him somewhere if they win the Super Bowl with Foles though. Hell, even if they just make it to the Super Bowl again and Foles plays well, I don't see how you can justify Wentz starting over him.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Eagles would never trade Wentz to the Giants ever.

They should move him somewhere if they win the Super Bowl with Foles though. Hell, even if they just make it to the Super Bowl again and Foles plays well, I don't see how you can justify Wentz starting over him.

Well, I hope I made it clear that I do not think he would be traded in any circumstance. I was just humouring the OP.

I think even if Foles won another SB, you keep Wentz.

Archived