Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:
8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Go wash your mouth out with soap. You get neither!! Blasphemy!

Just for that, I'm retracting the conditional 3rd round pick.  Keep it up and you'll lose Lauletta too.

There's  nothing the Giants could offer including a RGIII level type trade that would ever make me comfortable with sending Wentz to NY with those weapons. Not even Foles  TBH. 

Nothing!!! Go away. LOL😎

On 1/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, Eagles $5$ said:

Yeah because he was so awful this year right??? 9 months removed from tearing up all of his knee. 

Foles winning another SB is tapped out and maxed out... Wentz is the long term answer. 

Is he really the long term answer with his injury history?

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:
9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is Andrew Luck? He tradable? Curious what the difference  would  be?

Wentz has bigger shoes to fill with BDN than Luck ever did 

Foles has nothing to do with it, seriously. Do you give up on that kind of talent.  Answer is no.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, Eagles $5$ said:

Yeah because he was so awful this year right??? 9 months removed from tearing up all of his knee. 

Foles winning another SB is tapped out and maxed out... Wentz is the long term answer. 

Smartest comment I’ve seen on this. People forget why wentz was rushed back onto the field in the first place...

6 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

People forget why wentz was rushed back onto the field in the first place...

Foles wasn't bad at all against Tampa. But yes, the Eagles organization and fans are under the impression that Wentz will return to Sep-Nov 2017 form and consistently be that for the next decade. Despite the fact that he's broken/torn something every year for the past 4 years, everyone believes that he will somehow become more durable as time goes on.

As an Eagles fan, I am not "looking to trade Wentz" by any means, but I would hope Howie explores all options in the unlikely event another team was willing to offer up something stupid - like a Herschel Walker type trade. 

There are two trade scenarios in which I would entertain trading Wentz, assuming Foles could be extended for 6-7 years:

1. To the NYG with the Eagles receiving Barkley, a 1st and a 2nd.

2. To any team in the AFC for (4) 1st round picks. 

With scenario 1 - I think a Foles-led Eagles, with their current weapons, plus Barkley at RB, and the Giants 1st from this year, could build a dangerous team that will be a top contender for the next 6-7 years. The Eagles offense is efficient with Foles already - could you imagine teams trying to stop them with a young Barkley added to the mix?  We're talking about a potential Dickerson, Payton, Smith, Tomlinson back added to an already gifted offense. Scary. With the Giants 1st, and their own 1st this year, the Eagles could add two other impact players. 

With scenario 2 - The Eagles would control (8) 1st round picks over the next four seasons.  They would have Foles replace Wentz full-time, and would have some extra money to, perhaps, land Le'Veon Bell in the offseason.  As like in Scenario 1, could you imagine an Eagles team with Foles and Bell for the next 5 years?  Then on op of that, (8) 1st rounders to keep stocking the cupboard for the next decade+?

IMO, you consider trading Wentz if there is a short-term, and long-term gain to be had.  It's not like the Eagles would be trading Wentz and going with Nate Sudfeld - they would have Foles, who happens to be a star QB in this particular system - and they would be giving him even more deadly weapons to play with. Foles is only 29, and if healthy, could easily continue a 6-7 year run, assuming the Eagles continue to surround him by talent.  This could be the greatest 8 year run in Eagles history, considering they won the SB last year, are already working some magic this year, and would be set-up as a beast for the next 6-7 with either scenario.

Also, let's consider if the trade is Scenario 2 - the Eagles have (8) 1st rounders in the next four seasons... knowing Howie, he will be able to parlay (2) of those picks, plus something else, to land another future elite QB about 3 years from now, who could be mentored by Foles until he's ready to take over. This trades help the Eagles both short and long-term.

Watching Barkley play - this kid could win some games by himself.  Just imagine the Saints, or any other team, trying to stop the Eagles this weekend if they had Barkley in their backfield without taking anything away. 

5 hours ago, Shoeless said:

As an Eagles fan, I am not "looking to trade Wentz" by any means, but I would hope Howie explores all options in the unlikely event another team was willing to offer up something stupid - like a Herschel Walker type trade. 

There are two trade scenarios in which I would entertain trading Wentz, assuming Foles could be extended for 6-7 years:

2. To any team in the AFC for (4) 1st round picks

not sure if srs... not even a prime Rodgers would go for 4 first rounders. wentz has a bad injury history and is outshined by his backup.

6 hours ago, Shoeless said:

2. To any team in the AFC for (4) 1st round picks. 

With scenario 1 - I think a Foles-led Eagles, with their current weapons, plus Barkley at RB, and the Giants 1st from this year, could build a dangerous team that will be a top contender for the next 6-7 years. The Eagles offense is efficient with Foles already - could you imagine teams trying to stop them with a young Barkley added to the mix?  We're talking about a potential Dickerson, Payton, Smith, Tomlinson back added to an already gifted offense. Scary. With the Giants 1st, and their own 1st this year, the Eagles could add two other impact players. 

With scenario 2 - The Eagles would control (8) 1st round picks over the next four seasons.  They would have Foles replace Wentz full-time, and would have some extra money to, perhaps, land Le'Veon Bell in the offseason.  As like in Scenario 1, could you imagine an Eagles team with Foles and Bell for the next 5 years?  Then on op of that, (8) 1st rounders to keep stocking the cupboard for the next decade+?

IMO, you consider trading Wentz if there is a short-term, and long-term gain to be had.  It's not like the Eagles would be trading Wentz and going with Nate Sudfeld - they would have Foles, who happens to be a star QB in this particular system - and they would be giving him even more deadly weapons to play with. Foles is only 29, and if healthy, could easily continue a 6-7 year run, assuming the Eagles continue to surround him by talent.  This could be the greatest 8 year run in Eagles history, considering they won the SB last year, are already working some magic this year, and would be set-up as a beast for the next 6-7 with either scenario.

Also, let's consider if the trade is Scenario 2 - the Eagles have (8) 1st rounders in the next four seasons... knowing Howie, he will be able to parlay (2) of those picks, plus something else, to land another future elite QB about 3 years from now, who could be mentored by Foles until he's ready to take over. This trades help the Eagles both short and long-term.

Watching Barkley play - this kid could win some games by himself.  Just imagine the Saints, or any other team, trying to stop the Eagles this weekend if they had Barkley in their backfield without taking anything away. 

We can give you Kyle Lauletta instead of Barkley, and call it a deal!

On 1/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, Nabbs4u said:

There's  nothing the Giants could offer including a RGIII level type trade that would ever make me comfortable with sending Wentz to NY with those weapons. Not even Foles  TBH. 

Nothing!!! Go away. LOL😎

We don't need to trade for Foles. We'll just sign him this offseason.

In all seriousness, signing Foles is probably 1B in terms of my ideal answer to the QB situation with 1A being drafting Haskins

On 1/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, pnies20 said:

Yes. I've been a foles fan since before he was drafted.

LOL Foles is a system QB and is the definition of footballs fools gold.  They guy is average in most systems but the surrounding talent in Philly and coaching allow Foles to shine. 

Some QB desperate team will pay him tons of money in hopes he is their savior and will only be hamstrung with average QB play and a bloated contract that in a few years they wish they never had signed.  

8 hours ago, Shoeless said:

To any team in the AFC for (4) 1st round picks

I wouldn't expect to get that much in return but I don't think it's absurd to think we could get something close to that. The Jags have an open window right now and Carson has two years left on his deal. Fournette's clashing with Coughlin right now. Get him and a couple of 1st's? Awwww maaannn

Archived