Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I wouldn't expect to get that much in return but I don't think it's absurd to think we could get something close to that. The Jags have an open window right now and Carson has two years left on his deal. Fournette's clashing with Coughlin right now. Get him and a couple of 1st's? Awwww maaannn

If philly makes another run with foles (possibly superbowl), I'd trade Wentz to the jags for 2 1sts and some change. It would be a good deal IMO. I want to see how foles plays this postseason first tho. If he fizzles, count me out.

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If philly makes another run with foles (possibly superbowl), I'd trade Wentz to the jags for 2 1sts and some change. It would be a good deal IMO. I want to see how foles plays this postseason first tho. If he fizzles, count me out.

John Gruden is that You? There's  no deal worth trading Wentz.

6 hours ago, Asciimo said:

not sure if srs... not even a prime Rodgers would go for 4 first rounders. wentz has a bad injury history and is outshined by his backup.

Why not? RG3 was traded for (3) 1sts and a 2nd.  You don't think a team who loves Wentz would give (4) 1sts for him? Last year he was leading candidate for MVP until he was hurt. 

Not even Rodgers would fetch 4 1sts? Come on. Rodgers coming off his 2011 season would have easily gone for 4 1st rounders (in value at least), it would be something SILLY. Team probably wouldn't mortgage their future beyond 3 1st round picks, but there'd be a ton there. Multiple 1sts, 2nds, 3rds, players? Hard to even imagine what prime Rodgers could have fetched.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

John Gruden is that You? There's  no deal worth trading Wentz.

Seriously? What if Foles wins the superbowl again?

I think he is very good (in his sample size thus far), but you would be overrating him if you think he's untradeable.

He has performed very well for the eagles, who have undisputably one of the leagues best OL and best sets of pass catchers. He's not unreplaceable as far as his NET value, if Philly could get a top 10 pick this year, another pick next year, and possiby a player from the jaguars (lets say AJ bouye). 

Would you not even consider that trade if Foles makes a huge run again? That's quite the haul and would only extend this team's championship window. It's not necessarily that Foles is better. He's not. It's about team building in general.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Doubt it. Nobody is going to part with that many 1st rounders for 1 player. Even if they're "worth it."

Likely it’d be 3 1sts and a 3rd in value, something around there. Its the most important position, and he was the MVP as recently as last year. He’s banged up, but numbers wise he was fine this year. If people want that kinda talent, they gotta pony up. 

I’d imagine a package wouldn’t be straight that though..more like players or groups of picks would be used in the deal.

i don’t see them going straight picks. 

If they did it they’d take a 1st and 2nd from a top ten picking team. Then a star player. From there they would look for picks next year and/or another player. 

I’d say now though it’s looking like they tag Foles or they both agree to the option, they trade him for a 1st value 

On 1/7/2019 at 3:09 PM, ET80 said:

Ideally, you're trading him to a team with a lot more in terms of needs outside of QB (so, a team that wouldn't win very much with Wentz). Trading him for a handful of picks that end up in the 20s doesn't really accomplish much.

I think the idea is you'd trade him this year so you get a lock top pick. Like trade to JAX you get pick #7 right now. Then 1 more first and maybe 3 seconds including a high one this year.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously? What if Foles wins the superbowl again?

If Foles can consecutive Super Bowls, imagine how many Wentz could win!!!

-Delusional Eagles fan logic

If Philly loses this week, then Nick is gone no question. I'd still disagree with the move but I'd understand it. My adamant defense of BDN is making me come across as a guy who hates Wentz. I don't. I'm just skeptical of his longterm health and I get irritated at the notion that winning a Super Bowl isn't all that difficult.

I heard an interesting take on Foles vs Wentz. Foles' success is baffling people but when you talk about the GOAT, Brady and Montana are 1a and 1b, right (I'm not suggesting in any way Foles is in the same stratosphere). The people who are limited physically tend to be more detailed, study harder, and live and die by the gameplan. Whereas people who are gifted physically have the mindset that they can go off script and make the plays needed to win. I hear a lot of, "Doug puts together a better gameplan for Foles. He needs to do the same for Wentz." Foles frankly just trusts Doug and does what he's practiced and studied all week. Wentz has a tendency to rely on his physical abilities which can result in an exciting play, but way too often results in a negative play. We get way too caught up in the excitement of the improvisational plays and don't appreciate boring, cerebral performances.

If Foles goes elsewhere, I think he'd be an above average QB. There's a trust between him and Doug and a certain confidence he has with Philly that's rare. I'll take that over the occasional "wow" plays you'll get from Wentz.

If I'm starting a franchise thngs I'm looking for that our huge pieces to winning a superbowl.

HC, Franchise QB, Great oline, Great Dline.

Eagles have 3 out of 4 going for them right at this very moment. Wentz is injured but the rest of the key pieces are factoring at such a high level that a competent qb can be largely successful (Foles). Thats why they're in contention still and scary.

Now wentz I still believe he's an amazing talent in this league.  But he has injury issues.  The back this year, knee last year, ribs year before, wrist in the last year of college. You can't just write that off. 

A team trading for Wentz might be so desperate to get their franchise qb they might overlook his injury history and still offer you max value.

If Wentz can be traded to replenish that oline  peters is way older, their left guard can be upgraded long term, etc. 

The dline Graham is aging might be pricey, long aging, Bennett aging.  Can use some assets here 

Eagles already have a ton of picks in this years draft.  They would also have the assets from the wentz trade to continue looking for a franchise qb to groom behind foles.

It all comes down to the long term durability and outlook they believe wentz has. Because if he gets injured again foles will be gone, the long term health of the team will be affected.  And they'll have to start looking for a qb to replace Wentz with.

I think the safest idea for the long term health of the team trading wentz Isnt a bad idea. If they aren't comfortable with his durability. 

18 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I wouldn't expect to get that much in return but I don't think it's absurd to think we could get something close to that. The Jags have an open window right now and Carson has two years left on his deal. Fournette's clashing with Coughlin right now. Get him and a couple of 1st's? Awwww maaannn

I wouldn't want Fournette at all the jags can keep him. 

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Would you not even consider that trade if Foles makes a huge run again? That's quite the haul and would only extend this team's championship window. It's not necessarily that Foles is better. He's not. It's about team building in general.

No. It's  amazing how if Foles loses tomorrow,  all this talk goes away. If he Wins another SB, then holy smitt, that's a deal breaker?

So Foles is only worth keeping and trading Wentz if he wins again? He's only better for the Eagles if he wins again? Either he is the Better QB now and for the next 10-15 years or he's not, Peroid. That's the only singular  question that needs to be asked and answered.

People keep acting like Everything the Eagles are doing is because of Foles? As though he alone has carried this team the past 5-6 weeks. Not the improved OL play, DL play, Secondary play , Foles!!

Never mind the additions of Sproles, Tate, Peters, Jernnigan, Hicks, 1/2 dozen UDFA CB starting 8 games, rather then being thrown into the fire 2 months ago with no experience hasn't drastically improved the overall team/Defense?

Sorry any Wentz trade talk is absurd to me. No matter what transpires tomorrow  or a month from now.

Archived