Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I keep saying this.  When a young QB who is not established in the league gets a season ending injury, you can't just assume he returns to form.  We've seen this with Derek Carr.  Deshaun Watson was electric as a rookie and at times looked unstoppable - He sure didn't look that way this year.  Wentz was the MVP front runner and while he was good this year, it wasn't like his MVP caliber season.  AND Wentz got hurt again this season.  And, the Eagles team has been EXTREMELY successful without Carson Wentz. 

I'm not saying Wentz sucks and he's not worth trading for or that the Eagles should even consider trading him.  I'm just saying, this may not be all it's cracked up to be.

what about his stats this year tho? that accounts for nothing? statistically, he has played better then he did last year

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

what about his stats this year tho? that accounts for nothing? statistically, he has played better then he did last year

It counts in a trade offer. But in terms of results. Foles results speak for themselves. Wentz has to prove he can even make it a full season let alone win the SB like Foles.

The Eagles shouldnt even entertain trading Wentz. Wentz has shown when he is healthy he is capable of playing at an MVP level and leading the Eagles to being the best team in football. I get it that the best ability is availability and that has been the knock on Wentz even in college but to give up on him for Foles is crazy. Foles is doing what in an ideal world a backup QB should do. Thats win games in a pinch in place of the starting QB. If Foles played 16 games this season, would the Eagles be in the playoffs? Did people forget the Eagles didnt look so good when Foles started the season and he had all offseason and the preseason to get sharp and still started the season badly. Ill sum it up like this, the Eagles were fortunate the Falcons continued their redzone woes in Week 1. The Eagles was fortunate Natson fumbled and then Goff couldnt complete a pass in the endzone in Week 15. The Eagles was fortunate the Texans couldnt finish the comeback in Week 16. The Eagles was fortunate Parky missed the FG in the Wild Card Round. Like legit the Eagles was barely hanging on to those wins. Last season when Wentz was healthy the Eagles was blowing teams out. Their point differential was either the best or amongst the best. I know people are going to point to Wentz struggles this season. I dont think people truly understand how bad of an injury Wentz had to come back from. No way he was going to be close to the level he was last season. So if we are going to judge Wentz, do it next season when he is a full season removed from that knee injury. 

When I think of Foles to his credit he is made for the Eagles. If he goes somewhere else its going to be negative to the Eagles more than a positive to that other team. Same way I viewed Keenum when he left Minnesota to go to Denver. So if Foles goes to another team and he struggles, its not saying Foles was bad all along it just says his situation with the Eagles is perfect and he has thrived there. Make no mistake about it though, Wentz is the guy and I dont care if Foles somehow gets the Eagles another Superbowl title this season. 

13 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I don't even really care about Wentz. I just love the idea of Nick Foles somehow guiding the Eagles of all teams to a second ring.

Disney Land is fixing to meet Freddy Krauger. Foles is going to the Superdome and I believe Kamara said that if they didnt lose to Minnesota last season in the playoffs they was going to beat Philly. Now I personally dont think that wouldve happened because it was Philly year. Thats not the case this season. Kamara and the Saints have the opportunity to now back that up this season in the playoffs. I think they will. By some chance the Eagles beat the Saints, then Ill shake my head and give up lol. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't think a trade involving Wentz is ever on the cards, BUT, hypothetically..

Drawing a blank after NYG. You want a team with a good draft pick, QB needy and can offer more. So, what do they have, the 6th pick? Send that, Eli and maybe one of their good DBs? Like I said, can't see it from anywhere truth be told.

And Eli? if they are dealing Wentz they are all-in on Foles and not paying Eli's contract to be a backup

3 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

People realize that Foles didn't play well at all last night right??

??????? You mean your backup didn't play well against what many thought was one of the greatest defense's of all time? Not that much different then Wentz's game against Washington. And that WAS against Washington and not the Bears.

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

??????? You mean your backup didn't play well against what many thought was one of the greatest defense's of all time? Not that much different then Wentz's game against Washington. And that WAS against Washington and not the Bears.

Are people talking about this Bears D as one of the greatest of all-time? Dont get me wrong they were the best this year but I didn't think they were in the all-time conversation

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are people talking about this Bears D as one of the greatest of all-time? Dont get me wrong they were the best this year but I didn't think they were in the all-time conversation

Have you been in general and comparison forums for the last few weeks?

Archived