Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:
  • if Foles won another title
  • a team like Jaguars/Broncos /Miami/Bengals offer the Eagles the world

would you trade Wentz in a Mack type of super trade????

I think they should. Foles would have earned every right to continue as Qb1 for the Eagles.

8 hours ago, amazingandre said:

What’s more important, a guy who was almost MVP or the guy who won two (assuming he wins per this topic) Super Bowls? No one should care about Wentz and his personal stats. The fact is the TEAM responds and plays better with Foles. 

Was the team not playing well last year with Wentz? Was the team balling to start the season with Foles?

12 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Two time super bowl winner >>>>>> than anything you can come up with. 

In this scenario, I'm sure you'd be happy if the Texans gave up on DeShaun and traded for Foles cuz hes a two time super bowl winner

18 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Yeah because he was so awful this year right??? 9 months removed from tearing up all of his knee. 

Foles winning another SB is tapped out and maxed out... Wentz is the long term answer. 

tapped/maxxed out at winning 100% of your superbowls in 2 years is pretty good

25 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

In this scenario, I'm sure you'd be happy if the Texans gave up on DeShaun and traded for Foles cuz hes a two time super bowl winner

Not the same thing at all. Now if Brandon Weeden (lol) came in for Deshaun after he got hurt and won the Super Bowl for the Texans two years in a row, then that would be the same thing. Expecting Foles to change cities, environment, playbook, coaches, and personnel and have the same success that he had in Philly isn't realistic.

22 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't think a trade involving Wentz is ever on the cards, BUT, hypothetically..

Drawing a blank after NYG. You want a team with a good draft pick, QB needy and can offer more. So, what do they have, the 6th pick? Send that, Eli and maybe one of their good DBs? Like I said, can't see it from anywhere truth be told.

Hypothetically:

Jags offer 7th and Fournette (guaranteed money voided) as starting parameters of the deal.

What else do the Jags need to throw in?

They have a 2nd, 2 3rds this season.

Just now, Speedyg said:

Hypothetically:

Jags offer 7th and Fournette (guaranteed money voided) as starting parameters of the deal.

What else do the Jags need to throw in?

They have a 2nd, 2 3rds this season.

Considering the offers mentioned it would have to be a helluva lot more. Fournettes value couldn’t be lower because people know we arent happy with him plus his injuries are rough. Eagles already had that problem. Probably takes 1 of our top-tier defenseman and at least 1 more 1st probably 2

If the Eagles win the SB with Foles, it's hard to argue he hasn't earned a shot to stay with the team.   

If he loses this weekend, though, it's moot.  He's not done enough given Wentz's performance to unseat him - especially with the cap savings Wentz gives them.   Foles probably will get them a decent pick, though - a Day 2 pick even with that contract, isn't crazy (and I suspect without Pederson's scheming brilliance, it will backfire in the team that acquires him, but PHI will have every reason to hold out on that return - because they have to commit to the option to trade him, however, I don't see a Day 1 pick happening).

A lot of QBs have been great on a particular team not because they're game managers but because they're masters of the system. Most great, all-time QBs were system QBs. There's only a few that can just go almost anywhere and light it up such as Favre, Peyton and funny enough guys like Jeff Garcia. Most QBs need to be comfortable and have consistency.

Nick Foles is in effect Alex Smith. I guess then it depends who you think is better, Smith's playoff numbers are loony but he went 2-5 (not really his fault but could have done more in some games). Now Alex Smith is a solid, solid QB and given the right system, he can win you a Championship. So I'm sure Foles can succeed elsewhere. Frankly his only real alternate spot was Jeff Fisher's Rams, which really is bonkers to judge him off that. He wasn't the starter in Kansas City but went 1-0 with 3 TDs to 0 picks in his limited time there.

Carson Wentz right now could easily slip into Sam Bradford, RG3 land if injuries continue to pile up. This is a typical case of knowing what you get behind Door #1 but Door #2 has the better potential but no guarantees. From a betting perspective, you go with Foles and quite clearly. 14 different teams have won a Super Bowl in the past 25 years. Only half of those teams won a 2nd title and only the Patriots, Broncos and Cowboys won 3. So really, the chances Wentz ever wins a Super Bowl is basically 1 in 4 jut given the diversity of teams. His shelf life will dictate actual true percentages as well as his team's talent. Drew Brees has 1 title. Aaron Rodgers has 1 title. What makes Phily fans think Wentz is winning 3 Super Bowls is beyond me.

10 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Not the same thing at all. Now if Brandon Weeden (lol) came in for Deshaun after he got hurt and won the Super Bowl for the Texans two years in a row, then that would be the same thing. Expecting Foles to change cities, environment, playbook, coaches, and personnel and have the same success that he had in Philly isn't realistic.

Correct. Had Tom Savage came in after Watson got hurt last year and won the super bowl then did the same thing this year, we would be trading Watson. 

Archived