Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
8 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Hypothetically:

Jags offer 7th and Fournette (guaranteed money voided) as starting parameters of the deal.

What else do the Jags need to throw in?

They have a 2nd, 2 3rds this season.

Considering the offers mentioned it would have to be a helluva lot more. Fournettes value couldn’t be lower because people know we arent happy with him plus his injuries are rough. Eagles already had that problem. Probably takes 1 of our top-tier defenseman and at least 1 more 1st probably 2

I think any Wentz to Jags discussions would start with Jalen Ramsey and a 1st, and it'd be more from there but could go a multitude of ways. 

8 hours ago, tom cody said:

I think if Foles wins the Super Bowl again this yr. the Eagles have to weigh their options and I think they at least kick the tires on trading Wentz. 

That's definitely when it becomes a conversation...but then Foles value via trade goes way up too.

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

Correct. Had Tom Savage came in after Watson got hurt last year and won the super bowl then did the same thing this year, we would be trading Watson. 

What people also don't understand is Trent Dilfer never put up the type of post season success that Nick Foles did last year nor did they go head to head with arguably the GOAT and win in pretty much a shoot out.

Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, these guys were on the obvious superior teams.

They make jokes about cutting or trading QB's that are pro bowlers, mvp's and such don't realize their type of logic had someone like Billicheck gave into would have more then likely prevented the Patriots dynasty from happening.

Tom Brady his year of leading the Pats to the 2001 Super Bowl was in no way anywhere close as prolific then 3 time pro bowler and MVP candidate Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe the former 1st overall pick was still 29 and was supposed to be able to play at a high level for another 6 or 7 years possibly. By their rationale Drew Bledsoe was the superior choice over Tom Brady, you know what? Their right to a degree, Bledsoe was the better passer at that point in their respective career's. H/e the right choice in the end was Tom Brady.

9 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Hypothetically:

Jags offer 7th and Fournette (guaranteed money voided) as starting parameters of the deal.

What else do the Jags need to throw in?

They have a 2nd, 2 3rds this season.

additionally:

Third-round pick 
Fourth-round pick 
First-round pick in '20
Second-round pick in '21

Jags get Wentz and a conditional 5th that can turn into a 4th for the following year

47 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

additionally:

Third-round pick 
Fourth-round pick 
First-round pick in '20
Second-round pick in '21

Jags get Wentz and a conditional 5th that can turn into a 4th for the following year

Switch Fournette to Ramsey.

So itd be something like:

Jalen Ramsey

2019 1st (7th overall)

2019 3rd 

2020 1st

2021 2nd

For

Wentz and a conditional 4th in 2020

...?

As an Eagles fan, Id be mad if this happened.

Only possible trade Id maybe be OK with would be

A young blue chip player (preferrably still on rookie deal)

...and: a 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st, 2020 3rd, 2020 5th, 2021 1st. 

Look at what other QBs have gone for even in the last 5-10 years. Back when QBs werent even as valuable as they are now, Denver got 2 1sts for a disgruntled Jay Cutler. 

A 25 year old, already top 8-10 QB on his 4th year of his rookie deal, with another year under the 5th yr team option? 

I honestly dont know if theres a trade, a realistic one, that is out there that would be of equal. Itd be like what Denver got for Melo, or OKC got for Harden, or basically any other 50 cents on the dollar superstar NBA trade (excluding the OKC-Indy trade which was historically unique in how even it was)

34 minutes ago, Malik said:

Nick Foles might just be an above average Kurt Warner which is not the worst thing in the world considering in the right environment we've seen how well both Kurt and Nick have played.

solid comp, good QBs who seem great with talent on staff and/or around them.

Jags are a great situation for him. Weaker overall conference, a ton of talent on the roster and stability (finally) in the front office.

Don't think the Dolphins will work out, Bucs would be good if they had decided Winston wasn't worth the time. Foles and Arians would be interesting with those weapons. Mike Evans would go off.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

solid comp, good QBs who seem great with talent on staff and/or around them.

Jags are a great situation for him. Weaker overall conference, a ton of talent on the roster and stability (finally) in the front office.

Don't think the Dolphins will work out, Bucs would be good if they had decided Winston wasn't worth the time. Foles and Arians would be interesting with those weapons. Mike Evans would go off.

The Bucs with Arians as HC is actually a fantastic situation for Foles. Nice one, Kilty. 

Those guys on offense would love playing with him. Evans, DeSean, Howard....

Man it really is too bad that the Bucs are a terribly run franchise and chose to stick with a bad QB. 

Its why Im confused at Arians choosing there of all places. He is Going to absolutely loathe Jameis

No. Wentz is going nowhere  regardless  of anything  Nick Foles does. Back to back (not happening) included.

Nor should he. Only thing this is doing is forcing the Eagles to possibly Tag/Trade Foles instead of letting  him walk into FA freely.

Would Colts fans be trading Luck if Jacoby accomplished the same things over the past year? Anyone answering  Yes, like with Wentz is on crack.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No. Wentz is going nowhere  regardless  of anything  Nick Foles does. Back to back (not happening) included.

Nor should he. Only thing this is doing is forcing the Eagles to possibly Tag/Trade Foles instead of letting  him walk into FA freely.

Would Colts fans be trading Luck if Jacoby accomplished the same things over the past year? Anyone answering  Yes, like with Wentz is on crack.

Considering people weren't even sure Luck was going to ever play again, I feel like they would have been fielding offers. Luck and Wentz albeit still young and ultra talented are different when it comes to their injuries 

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Considering people weren't even sure Luck was going to ever play again, I feel like they would have been fielding offers. Luck and Wentz albeit still young and ultra talented are different when it comes to their injuries 

Yes and that too would of been stupid in hindsight. You dont give up on that kind of Talent , ever. People are acting as though Wentz played horrible this season? Look below at my Sig?

Was he MVP Wentz pre-ACL/Back , of course not but its absurd when people ignore how good he was last season as though thats physically impossible for him to achieve again. 

Much like Luck and how everyone  was counting him out too. Now look at him and the season he's having?

2 hours ago, SARGO127 said:

Ramsey, Fournette, 1st, 2nd for Wentz

holy cow, NOOOO

anything less than 3 firsts, a second, a third and a blue chip player is laughable. and even with that haul i would riot for the rest of my life.

foles i'd trade for a second and a day 3 pick.

3 hours ago, SARGO127 said:

Ramsey, Fournette, 1st, 2nd for Wentz

Honestly given the nature of what's transpired in that locker room, I don't know if I'd even want Fournette, especially since the Eagles always tend to use a 3 runningback rotation.

Archived