Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

On 1/9/2019 at 11:11 PM, Packerraymond said:

Guys were talking about calling plays for Marcus Mariota, an injured one at that. Not even a comparable situation to calling plays for Aaron Rodgers.

I doubt a coach is going to go completely away from his identity regardless of the talent though.

I'm not saying fitting a square peg in a round hole, but if his identity is running early, he'll likely continue that and go from there.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, dtait93 said:

I'm not sure where you got those numbers from, but we averaged 28 pass attempts in the first 8 games of the season and 26 pass attempts in the second half of the season. Take it from us who watched our offense last year, he didn't adjust. The only reason we averaged more passing attempts in the first half of the season compared to the second half of the season was because of the Miami and Philadelphia games. We were stuck playing catch-up and threw the ball 38 and 43 times.

I took the numbers from ESPN.  PFR seems to have missed some of those, and doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ok, you got me.  Rodgers has been playing at an All-Pro level over the last few years.

He's had one bad-ish (at least by his standards) year and ended 2017 with a torn collarbone, but his play is suddenly going to fall off.  I'm not sure how you can point to any season other than maybe this year where Rodgers was the issue.  The Packers were 4-1 when the Packers went into Minnesota last year, and then he broke his collar bone.  The previous two seasons, the Packers went a combined 20-12.  Your entire argument doesn't even make sense.  You made the argument that Rodgers was likely to get hurt again, which was disproven by the fact that he's started 71 of a possible 80 games.  You then went and mentioned record as if it had any weight to them.  Rodgers with a broken collarbone is still exponentially more talented than Marcus Mariota.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:48 PM, incognito_man said:

Yes it is probably a situation where GBs FO knows more about the candidates than FF posters :)

I got what you’re saying here. But the Packers are in this situation because their front office built a roster and coaching staff that went 6-9-1 this season after going 7-9 the previous season. Two straight years, they “knew better” than FF posters, but still didn’t get it right. They aren’t infallible and their decisions can, in fact, be wrong. 

Archived