Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

As much as I absolutely hate agreeing with incog, he's not wrong.  Does anyone truly believe that any of us have any more facts about the candidates than the Packers' FO?  I certainly won't pretend that I do.  There was nothing wrong with the statement he made.  The inference that's being made from that statement is wrong though.

Every team knows *more* than a normal fan. What’s the point behind the statement? Knowing *more* is not knowing *better*. It’s a meaningless platitude used to cause an appeal to authority that frankly isn’t an authority on the subject. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Every team knows *more* than a normal fan. What’s the point behind the statement? Knowing *more* is not knowing *better*. It’s a meaningless platitude used to cause an appeal to authority that frankly isn’t an authority on the subject. 

(1) No it wasn't an appeal to authority

(2) Yes, the GB Front Office is an authority anyway

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Did you intentionally leave out Rodgers or is it just to be assumed by others at this point?

He is a big Rodgers downer. But the reality is Rodgers had a weak year by his standards, and if that continues, won't be able to carry a mediocre roster to anything anymore. His deep ball was awful this year and he took a ton of sacks staring Adams down. One of the reasons I would love to see some talent infusion on offense

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

LeFleur is inheriting a pretty lame team. They might need a full rebuild to get back into playoff contention.

Name me a team who has gotten into a full rebuild with a legitimate franchise QB in place.  They need a reload, not a rebuild but nice try.

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Name me a team who has gotten into a full rebuild with a legitimate franchise QB in place.  They need a reload, not a rebuild but nice try.

Most fans of other teams think our roster is devoid of talent outside of AR because when he doesn't play (or play well) our team struggles.  But I submit many of these fans' teams would struggle if they lost their QB, especially if they have an elite or very good one.  

On 1/13/2019 at 2:36 PM, Outpost31 said:

Good thing the Packers have a top 15 pick, plus a late first round pick and a 2nd, 3rd and two fourths plus 42 million dollars in effective cap space to do it.  As well as building blocks of an all-pro caliber corner, an all-pro caliber DL, an all-pro left tackle, an all-pro caliber WR and a pro bowl caliber RB. 

Is an all-pro caliber QB unimportant? 🤨

On 1/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, topwop1 said:

Colin Cowherd seems to hate this hire.  Watching his radio show yesterday he showed a text from an anonymous coach who worked with Lafleur saying that although he's a bright guy when it comes to offense he lacks leadership qualities.  Should be interesting to see how this one plays out with Rodgers.

I have no idea how LaFleur will play out but I do know Colin Cowherd is an idiot talking head who says things for attention.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:28 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Why, do you think Rodgers is going to be healthy all next season?  If he gets injured again (as he has done quite a bit lately) and plays like he did this year, it could be a very comparable situation.  

UB, the bad news for you  is that Tebow is eventually a free agent. And since he’s the best QB ever according to your expert analysis the Packers can just sign him and sit Rodgers mediocre *** to win the Super Bowl. Profit.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

UB, the bad news for you  is that Tebow is eventually a free agent. And since he’s the best QB ever according to your expert analysis the Packers can just sign him and sit Rodgers mediocre *** to win the Super Bowl. Profit.

He's playing baseball now so he won't be able to ride in on a white horse and save your team.  Sorry. 

Archived