Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

On 1/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, CWood21 said:

Name me a team who has gotten into a full rebuild with a legitimate franchise QB in place.  They need a reload, not a rebuild but nice try.

The Colts did it this past 2 years. They completely rebuilt their OL and Front 7, as well adding some key talent elsewhere (Mack, Hooker)

I wasn't taking a shot at the Packers though. Nobody likes to think their team needs rebuilt, or that could even regress from the season before, but it happens all the time.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, CWood21 said:

Name me a team who has gotten into a full rebuild with a legitimate franchise QB in place.  They need a reload, not a rebuild but nice try.

What are you classifying as a rebuild?

I’d classify the roster turnover for the Saints between their 2013 and 2017 teams as a rebuilt team. Brees and a couple other players are all that remains. Or the Chargers between 2013 (you could really go back to 2009) and 2018. 

13 minutes ago, pwny said:

In one of the articles I came across, they looked at "typical turnover" when a new HC comes in
1 year later, an average of 33 out of 53 are no longer on the team, which is about double the rate vs without a HC change
I expect about the same in GB going forward. On the plus side for the offense, there is a QB-WR-RB plus LT and C already on the roster
GB is not your typical 4-12 team undergoing an HC-change, so there's hope for a quicker turnaround

16 hours ago, pwny said:

I’d classify the roster turnover for the Saints between their 2013 and 2017 teams as a rebuilt team. Brees and a couple other players are all that remains. Or the Chargers between 2013 (you could really go back to 2009) and 2018. 

I'd argue a tear down from top to bottom would classify a rebuild.  I wouldn't call the Saints a rebuild, but I wouldn't fight too hard about the Colts/Andrew Luck thing, but you could easily say that was a retool.  For the Saints, their core (Payton/Brees) never changed and there really wasn't really a big philosophical change either.

19 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

The Bears v Packers is the grandaddy rivalry. As the Bears are looking at a SB in 2019, it would be good to defeat a strong rival.

Packers are looking at the Super Bowl in 2019 the same way the Bears are- on TV.  😉

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Packers are looking at the Super Bowl in 2019 the same way the Bears are- on TV.  😉

Just a hunch, the Bears will sweep the new Matt LaFleur Packers in 2019 and will play in the SB. The Packers will miss the playoffs. 

Archived