Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

i have a sense of humor about everything. i know i don't know jackschit about these guys, I just enjoy the ride and like to get excited.

JMD was an exciting prospect

LaFleur is an exciting hire

I would be more grouchy if we got an old retread guy

LaFleur is an exciting hire...I mean, from your guys point of view. I'm not happy about it, but if it would have been Gase, I would have been despondent. So, there's that. :)

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

I was hoping for McDaniels to be honest. I know his perception but I was all in on giving him a chance to prove people wrong here. Oh well. 

I trust that Gute and MM put all the candidates through the paces and picked the one they thought was best. Have to trust Gute here. Have no choice. I do like that Petrine looks to be staying on as well. 

That was probably a boom or bust type of hire.  If it works out you would hit a real home run with him.  If not, you would be starting over in a couple years.  Could have been worth rolling the dice since you are on the tail end of Rodgers' prime.  Maybe you could have gotten a championship or two out of the pairing. 

Seeing as how it is someone else, all you can do is like you said, just trust the GM and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Whoa. The first of the Sean McVay coaching tree. At least it's not McDaniels.

I am shocked anyone would hire (try to hire?) McDaniels. He's already shown his ineptitude as a HC and after that BS in Indy, what a weak excuse for a man he is too.  I'll be rooting against anyone who hires him.

Still the LeFleur thing is not the right move either IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

thats okay. Aaron can call the plays.

He went from an OC that didn't call plays, to an unsuccessful OC that called plays, to a HC all in a little over a year. I personally don't think he's ready to be a HC and will basically be a puppet.  Just my opinion

Just now, dtait93 said:

He went from an OC that didn't call plays, to an unsuccessful OC that called plays, to a HC all in a little over a year. I personally don't think he's ready to be a HC and will basically be a puppet.  Just my opinion

word is that he nailed his interview.

Im a little concerned though that the interview was conducted by Aaron Rodgers

Everyone being critical of the hire since the Titan’s offense sucked and whatnot must’ve totally forgotten about Derrick Henry’s 99 yard touchdown run. The guy is capable of running a good play. 

Archived