Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

Just now, Tyty said:

What, for offense, defense, and ST? Go Aaron!

no we still got out defensive coordinator to call plays for the defense, doofus.

for special teams though, we let them do whatever, but if they mess up, we dump them in Maryland

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's all about communication. McVay earned the respect of guys older than he is because he's a tremendous communicator with incredible football knowledge. If you know what you're talking about and can communicate/connect with your players, those guys will listen.

My favorite story I’ve ever heard about McVay (not to take anything away from him tho, he has my ‘spect) was when the media was raving about him knowing the names of the players on the bears defense as if that made him the Stephen hawking of football. Every head coach should know the names of the opposing team’s starters lol

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

no we still got out defensive coordinator to call plays for the defense, doofus.

for special teams though, we let them do whatever, but if they mess up, we dump them in Maryland

Idk I really think y’all should’ve promoted your punter coach to HC tbh he’s playing a pivotal role rn

4 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Everyone being critical of the hire since the Titan’s offense sucked and whatnot must’ve totally forgotten about Derrick Henry’s 99 yard touchdown run. The guy is capable of running a good play. 

The play call was a QB sneak to get a little breathing room but Mariota checked out of it in to a run. So credit actually goes to Mariota on that one lol

Just now, dtait93 said:

The play call was a QB sneak to get a little breathing room but Mariota checked out of it in to a run. So credit actually goes to Mariota on that one lol

Still, I’m sure Matt LaFleur gave him the okay to audible as needed. That’s something he’s going to need to do with Aaron Rodgers if he hopes to have a job for more than a year. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

im surprised we didnt try to interview your kicking coach

He’s either off tryin to get Robbie Gould to unblock his number or moved to Russia or something like Edward Snowden. Time will tell. 

Just now, Tyty said:

Still, I’m sure Matt LaFleur gave him the okay to audible as needed. That’s something he’s going to need to do with Aaron Rodgers if he hopes to have a job for more than a year. 

Yeah but Rodgers doesn't need some rookie HC's permission to audible tho

4 hours ago, game3525 said:

Maybe he crushed the interview.

I am not going to kill Green Bay for this. I remember when the Chargers hired Lynn, people were skeptical due to not showing that much with Buffalo. 

Folks also laughed when we hired McCarthy back in the day.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:
3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

You know Rodgers personally then? You must if you are making a factual statement like that about his character. Rodgers and McCarthy were both stubborn as heck and it was clear McCarthy lost the team, not just Rodgers. Rodgers needs someone to come in and challenge him to get better and get refocused. 

So...he doesn't know Rodgers personally, but you do? Awesome. Ask Rodgers why they stopped having Matthews do those State Farm commercials, and get back to us...

You conveniently left out this part of my post.. “Is it possible with his ego? Sure it is but let’s give it a season before condemning the situation.“ Obviously I don’t know him and obviously it’s possible he pushes back at a younger coach but let’s see it play out for a season before trashing Rodgers as this huge diva who can’t be coached anymore. 

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah but Rodgers doesn't need some rookie HC's permission to audible tho

Yeah he does, his team just went pretty much 6-10. I’ll bet you anything after the season ended he sat and thought long and hard about the possibility that maybe he’s a bust and that sb season was a complete fluke. He’s going to have major confidence issues going forward and is going to need LaFleur’s stiff French backbone to power through and grow as a team. 

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly, as long as it wasn't McDaniels, that was probably a step up for Green Bay.  McD and ARod could have been a disaster of epic proportions if they weren't on the same page.   Bringing in a different scheme that's not WC based sounds great in theory, but ARod's probably best to stick to a WC-based scheme.

Keeping Pettine might be more problematic, but I'm admittedly not as versed there as watching GB's O, so I'll leave the GB / NFCN fanbase to weigh in.

A lot of us want Pettine to stick around.  Before our defensive players started dropping like flies those guys were playing pretty well.

Archived