Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's all about communication. McVay earned the respect of guys older than he is because he's a tremendous communicator with incredible football knowledge. If you know what you're talking about and can communicate/connect with your players, those guys will listen.

I disagree, I think that Aaron Rodgers is the Lebron of the NFL. Very talented and has a very high football IQ. 

I think someone like LaFleur was brought in to let it be known that Aaron’s running the show and LaFleur would supplement him by creating creative offensive schemes and plays. 

If it was a coach that was well accomplished, then I could see him being respected.  But someone like LaFleur to Rodgers is no different than Erik Spoelstra for the Miami Heat during the big 3 and Luke Walton in LA 

23 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

word is that he nailed his interview.

Im a little concerned though that the interview was conducted by Aaron Rodgers

obviously it was. rodgers gets his young, fit head coach to be his whipping boy. LaFleur's job is to make Rodgers smile. That's what he must have done in the interview. If it works, and Pettine continues to build the defense, the Packers might be okay. This is what it takes to work with a massive salary and ego in Aaron Rodgers.

35 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

why? titans offense wasnt exactly good

Sean Payton lead the 21st, and 20th ranked offenses at Dallas before he was hired by NO

McCarthy lead the 32nd ranked offense in San Fran before he was hired by GB

McVay led the 28th ranked offense in Washington in his first year there

etc etc etc

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

We laughed all the way to the Lombardi trophy.

And spent the rest of Rodgers’ dwindling prime doing not a single thing. At least the Patriots know how to use a GOAT qb 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

I think someone like LaFleur was brought in to let it be known that Aaron’s running the show and LaFleur would supplement him by creating creative offensive schemes and plays.

No way. ARs not "running things"

5 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I disagree, I think that Aaron Rodgers is the Lebron of the NFL

I mean, Lebron is a freak of an athlete with a plethora of championships and success and stuff. I’d say Aaron Rodgers is more like Dirk Nowitzki. Kinda looks German, has been playing forever, been to several several playoffs but only got one ring out of it and the only people calling him the goat are fans of his team. 

10 minutes ago, Tyty said:
13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Folks also laughed when we hired McCarthy back in the day.

Idk I’m still kinda laughing about it

I’m sure you were laughing real hard when McCarthy was holding up the George Halas trophy in Chicago on the way to bringing the Lombardi back home. Hilarious stuff. 

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

I mean, Lebron is a freak of an athlete with a plethora of championships and success and stuff. I’d say Aaron Rodgers is more like Dirk Nowitzki. Kinda looks German, has been playing forever, been to several several playoffs but only got one ring out of it and the only people calling him the goat are fans of his team. 

I see both comparisons for what they're comparing.

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I’m sure you were laughing real hard when McCarthy was holding up the George Halas trophy in Chicago on the way to bringing the Lombardi back home. Hilarious stuff. 

I was laughing because I made the tremendously foolish decision of buying a nfc championship shirt before the game featuring the bears and packers on it. The bears lost and I never wore it again for like 8 years. Was finally able to let go this season when the bears took the nfc north and the packers ended up in pretty much last place and donated it to goodwill. I was rather large back then, Mike McCarthy might be able to deconstruct it and make a couple shirts for his kids or something to keep them clothed 

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I was laughing because I made the tremendously foolish decision of buying a nfc championship shirt before the game featuring the bears and packers on it. The bears lost and I never wore it again for like 8 years. Was finally able to let go this season when the bears took the nfc north and the packers ended up in pretty much last place and donated it to goodwill. I was rather large back then, Mike McCarthy might be able to deconstruct it and make a couple shirts for his kids or something to keep them clothed 

congrats on your NFC Postseason Participation Trophy this year!

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

No way. ARs not "running things"

I think that’s how they are setting it up. They don’t want to upset their superstar player they gave all that money to. 

Rodgers was already calling his shots with McCarthy who basically raised him in this business.  

No doubt in my mind it’s gonna be his show. He’s already smarter than LaFleur in my opinion 

17 minutes ago, Tyty said:

If Rodgers joined an all star team like Lebron did, then he’d have more championships too 

Archived