FinneasGage

packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Norm said:

I'm still mind ****ed why it's so impossible to give players blame. As if hhcd or bostick were coached to perform the idiocy they performed. It's just easier to hate coaches. You can even see this crap all the way down to coaching kids in elementary school. 

It all eventually comes down to accountability. That’s why it’s called leadership. No one is saying that players don’t make mistakes. But to make it seem like that only packers players make mistakes and everyone else in the league is the perfection. That has been the common theme around here no matter who was playing “well it’s the players fault”. Eventually when does it become the coaches fault?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I remember a few other people being involved?

Apparently both of you suffer from amnesia.

MM couldn’t manage the clock. MM couldn’t get his *** out of ultra conservative play calling that made rookie mode on Madden look like a shame. He couldn’t capitalize on how many 4? 5? Seahawk Turnovers? He couldn’t see a fake FG that nearly everyone in the stadium was anticipating. List goes on.

MM is the one that called 3 runs in a row on his 20 yard line late in 4th when Seattle stacked the box daring him to throw. Only one first down was needed to truly dent the clock. But MM stuck to his ultra play calling and went 3 and out kicking the ball back to SEA and letting them complete the comeback. You think B.B. would do that?

That’s why MM is washed up and not on any roster where as even a fired Dolphins coach got a new job. Where as a SUPER BOWL winning coach was left out in the dust to be rejected by the lowly Jets.

Like it or not MM was stale circa 2015. He rode the super bowl win on the backs of AR in his prime, a top 10 Capers defense with pro bowl  caliber defense and a clay Matthews who could actually get a sack, and maybe one of the best recieving corps in packers history, even then it was the defense and a heartfelt Woodson that stepped up big in SB.

So sit here and defend MM all you guys want, in my eyes your part of the problem. Complacency is the big theme around here, just like some Packers alluded to in exit interviews this season.

Packers haven’t been a SB caliber team since the NFC championship game, they been a doormat for NFC teams on their way to SB. Nobody is “afraid” to play the Packers, because the packers couldn’t get out of their own way most of the time. Like a reel of the 3 stooges on replay mode. Sometimes I wish the genius of AR wasn’t always on display so then you could really taste what life under MM would have been like.

just in case you guys needed to relive that pathetic collapse 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/green-bay-packers-blew-nfc-championship-seattle-seahawks-super-bowl/amp

Edited by PackGymRat

39 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

It all eventually comes down to accountability. That’s why it’s called leadership. No one is saying that players don’t make mistakes. But to make it seem like that only packers players make mistakes and everyone else in the league is the perfection. That has been the common theme around here no matter who was playing “well it’s the players fault”. Eventually when does it become the coaches fault?

MM couldn’t manage the clock. MM couldn’t get his *** out of ultra conservative play calling that made rookie mode on Madden look like a shame. He couldn’t capitalize on how many 4? 5? Seahawk Turnovers? He couldn’t see a fake FG that nearly everyone in the stadium was anticipating. List goes on.

MM is the one that called 3 runs in a row on his 20 yard line late in 4th when Seattle stacked the box daring him to throw. Only one first down was needed to truly dent the clock. But MM stuck to his ultra play calling and went 3 and out kicking the ball back to SEA and letting them complete the comeback. You think B.B. would do that?

That’s why MM is washed up and not on any roster where as even a fired Dolphins coach got a new job. Where as a SUPER BOWL winning coach was left out in the dust to be rejected by the lowly Jets.

Like it or not MM was stale circa 2015. He rode the super bowl win on the backs of AR in his prime, a top 10 Capers defense with pro bowl  caliber defense and a clay Matthews who could actually get a sack, and maybe one of the best recieving corps in packers history, even then it was the defense and a heartfelt Woodson that stepped up big in SB.

So sit here and defend MM all you guys want, in my eyes your part of the problem. Complacency is the big theme around here, just like some Packers alluded to in exit interviews this season.

Packers haven’t been a SB caliber team since the NFC championship game, they been a doormat for NFC teams on their way to SB. Nobody is “afraid” to play the Packers, because the packers couldn’t get out of their own way most of the time. Like a reel of the 3 stooges on replay mode. Sometimes I wish the genius of AR wasn’t always on display so then you could really taste what life under MM would have been like.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/green-bay-packers-blew-nfc-championship-seattle-seahawks-super-bowl/amp

The ramblings of a deranged madman

1 hour ago, PackGymRat said:

I've never supported a team, knew anyone who did, lived in a town that did, went to a school that did, worked at a school that did and didn't ***** endlessly about coaching though...

7 hours ago, Norm said:

I've never supported a team, knew anyone who did, lived in a town that did, went to a school that did, worked at a school that did and didn't ***** endlessly about coaching though...

Right? He's barely on the job yet. This is as bad as if someone were to make a website demanding the termination of our new GM after his first trade! 

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is as bad as if someone were to make a website demanding the termination of our new GM after his first trade! 

Its tradition afterall

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/15/packers-matt-lafleur-aaron-rodgers-russell-wilson-draft-risers-sliders-sleepers-tiger-woods-masters

The first time Packers coach Matt LaFleurmet Davante Adams, the star wideout asked his new boss if he’d be on edge addressing the team at the start of the offseason program on April 8. Coolly, LaFleur answered, No, I’m not gonna be nervous. It took 30 seconds for him to double back on that, and grab Adams again.

“Heck yeah, I’m gonna be nervous,” he told him.

So when that time came, seven days ago in the bowels of Lambeau Field, and LaFleur ran into Adams on his way to the team meeting room, he affirmed what he’d said before—those butterflies were still fluttering in his stomach.

“Was it nerve-racking? Absolutely it was nerve-racking,” LaFleur said on Friday, as he and the coaches traveled to Chicago for a weekend staff trip. “And the reason it was nerve-racking is because you care so much. It’s no different than with a player when they go out and play a game. They’re gonna have some nerves, because they care, they want to do well.”

Once he got going, LaFleur says, the nerves settled, and he delivered what he wanted to be a concise speech (about 20 minutes) that would set the tone for what his program would be all about.

“First and foremost, it really comes down to the team,” LaFleur said, condensing his message for us. “I’ve seen this. I saw it in Atlanta [he was the Falcons’ QBs coach for their Super Bowl team in 2016]. You think about the great teams you’ve been around, and I really think how connected, how close you become as a football team is really what separates good from great. Can we get to that mentality?

“Everybody has a different path, a different journey, a different background on how they got to where we are, but can we come together as one, with everyone moving in the same direction? Are you willing to play for the guy next to you?”

To get there, he gave his players four areas where they had to be good—football character (“how accountable and coachable we are”), competition (“striving to be the best version of ourselves”), communication, and consistency. And, of course, LaFleur knew there was one guy in the auditorium who’d probably have more influence over how it all played out than anyone else.

You might’ve gathered from that episode above with Adams that LaFleur sees relationship-building as vital to how he’ll put the Packers together, and he did what he could over his first three months on the job to build one with Rodgers. They went out to dinner in Arizona the night after the NFL meetings ended in March, and they’ve spoken on the phone.

LaFleur planned to go into this job with no preconceived notions. And he isn’t taking any from the firestorm of the last few weeks, sparked by an extensive, biting story by Bleacher Report’s Tyler Dunne.

“Honestly, I haven’t put a whole lot of thought into that,” he says. “I wasn’t here, so I don’t know what happened. And quite frankly, I don’t really care what happened. All I care about is how we move forward as a football team. All I care about is the partnership that we’re forming, how that goes, and our communication. That’s all I really care about.”

That said, he knows. He wants to have relationships with everyone in the building—from the equipment guys to the trainers to the scouts to the business side, and of course through his locker room and his coaching staff. But he’s not going to try to fool anyone.

The most important relationship is the one he devoted time to in Arizona and over the phone, working to build. It’s a relationship that’s been at the center of almost every story of how Green Bay came apart over the last two years. And it’s a relationship that’s changing for Rodgers for the first time since his rookie year.

“That relationship is critical, and it’s not necessarily because I’m the head coach—it’s because I’m the play-caller,” LaFleur says. “You have to develop relationships with everyone in that building. But when it comes to Aaron, it’s so critical, because I’m the play-caller. And so anytime you’re the play-caller, you better have a relationship with that quarterback. I do believe this, and I’ve said it from Day One—it’s a partnership.

“And I’ll tell you what, I don’t care what’s been said, I’ve spent a week with him, and I’ve really enjoyed every second of it.”

So what did he like? LaFleur loves the minutiae of football, and it shows here. He told me he was a pig in slop talking about cadence with Rodgers, and how Rodgers draws people offsides, then rips their hearts out. “What a valuable thing. We’ve always said, for years, we want to use the cadence as a weapon. To have a guy that’s able to really use the cadence as a weapon, it’s pretty cool.”

I just wish LaFleur was a little grumpier.  I feel like you don't win multiple Championships if you smile too often.  Bill Belichick - never smiles.  Tom Coughlin - never smiles.  Mike Shanahan - never smiles.  Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs. 

LaFleur's smile will limit him to only one possible Super Bowl win. 

On 2/19/2019 at 10:54 PM, Shanedorf said:

Packers beat reporters in December:
"Packers coaches are too old and stale !!!
Time for a shake-up !!"

Packers beat reporters in February:
"Packers coaches are too young and inexperienced !!!
They're gonna get schooled by the veteran coaches !!"

We are truly blessed 

Are they also Star Wars fans? 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, Norm said:

I'm still mind ****ed why it's so impossible to give players blame. As if hhcd or bostick were coached to perform the idiocy they performed. It's just easier to hate coaches. You can even see this crap all the way down to coaching kids in elementary school. 

MM certainly deserves blame....as do Matthews, HHCD, Bostick, Peppers, etc. 

It was an absolute perfect storm of pants-crappery. 

57 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just wish LaFleur was a little grumpier.  I feel like you don't win multiple Championships if you smile too often.  Bill Belichick - never smiles.  Tom Coughlin - never smiles.  Mike Shanahan - never smiles.  Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs. 

gty_911951122_97019659-e1517315699484.jp

58 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only one? I'll take it! 

I'm not sure what I believe in less. Not smiling or not being in the booth for coordinators lol

Just now, Norm said:

I'm not sure what I believe in less. Not smiling or not being in the booth for coordinators lol

You're still in Flat Earth times. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Norm said:

If a coach smiles in the booth, is he really a coach?

Edited by Packer_ESP