packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Best thing about LaFleur is that he is going to make Rodgers throw to running backs.  Makes it pretty easy for defenses to play when they know Rodgers doesn't throw to running backs. 

Biggest reason I'm labeled a Rodgers hater is because I hate how good he could be if he didn't get in his own way. 

It is the exact same reason I'm starting to hate The Hateful Eight instead of cherish it as a top 10 favorite movie ever.  If Tarantino could have just gotten out of his own way and not added the narration or the flashback sequence, it would literally have been fighting for a spot in my top five, but right now... Nope, not even top 20.  Not even top 50. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Best thing about LaFleur is that he is going to make Rodgers throw to running backs.  Makes it pretty easy for defenses to play when they know Rodgers doesn't throw to running backs. 

Biggest reason I'm labeled a Rodgers hater is because I hate how good he could be if he didn't get in his own way. 

It is the exact same reason I'm starting to hate The Hateful Eight instead of cherish it as a top 10 favorite movie ever.  If Tarantino could have just gotten out of his own way and not added the narration or the flashback sequence, it would literally have been fighting for a spot in my top five, but right now... Nope, not even top 20.  Not even top 50. 

Rodgers has thrown a lot of stinkers to RBs in the past.  We can only put so much blame on the others for poor throws.  James Starks isn't going to make the same kinds of catches that Randall Cobb might, QB has to be aware of that.  

Also, I didn't even like the Hateful Eight.  I really liked the set-up, but after that it became tedious and I was constantly checking how much time was left in the movie, spoiler it was always like 345 hours.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Rodgers has thrown a lot of stinkers to RBs in the past.  We can only put so much blame on the others for poor throws. 

Agreed, and its been weird to watch it over the years given his otherworldly skills
The Starks- Rodgers "connection" was abysmal, they just weren't in sync at all

On 1/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, Shanedorf said:

Joe Thomas on LaFleur via PackersWire

“He understood the details of the wide zone scheme,” Thomas said. “He understands how to get the most out of all of his players, and how it fits well with a quarterback that can move, that can threaten the edges, that can threaten the bootlegs. So I think the skillset Aaron (Rodgers) has would fit perfectly with the offense that Matt LaFleur runs.”

“I think Matt LaFleur can get the run game going in Green Bay like we haven’t seen in recent memory,” Thomas said, “because of how he teaches the wide zone and because of the things he learned from Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay, who in my opinion are two of the guys everyone in the NFL respects from an offensive mind standpoint.”

HOF Left Tackle Joe Thomas from back in January. I dig hearing from the OL guys, wish him well in his transition to the media
Of course, he's not gonna rip on MLF,  but his comments do add to all the rest we've seen/read about MLF and the Packers run game for 2019
GB was last in rushing attempts in 2018, that ain't happening next year

2019 should be will be a very good season in Titletown

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Do you really think that is why he was chosen?

I haven't gotten that impression.

We hired a guy to run our team who coached the 27th best offense in the league and had a team with 16 passing TDs to 15 rushing TDs. They ran the ball (456) more than they threw it (437, not including sacks, just pass attempts). I think that's reason to be concerned.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We hired a guy to run our team who coached the 27th best offense in the league and had a team with 16 passing TDs to 15 rushing TDs. They ran the ball (456) more than they threw it (437, not including sacks, just pass attempts). I think that's reason to be concerned.

Yah, maybe.  

I just think he was trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with that roster, especially after Walker got hurt.  He had talent at running back, and not so much at WR.  Marriota isn't a great answer at QB and had injury issues as well.

I just have the impression that this system with an elite QB will appear much different than it did in Tennessee.  I hope I am not wrong.

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's easily explained .... the QB missed several games and parts of others with two different nerve injuries (elbow and neck).  He wasn't right all year.  Pretty hard to get in any kind of a flow when you have a QB who can't get the job done.  

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/marcus-mariota-was-more-injured-than-we-knew-in-2018

Edited by {Family Ghost}

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's easily explained .... the QB missed several games and parts of others with two different nerve injuries (elbow and neck).  He wasn't right all year.  Pretty hard to get in any kind of a flow when you have a QB who can't get the job done.  

So I pose the question, why is everybody so excited to have him run our offense?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So I pose the question, why is everybody so excited to have him run our offense?

Mainly because he's not McCarthy.  Maybe some fresher concepts will add something to our mix?  I really don't have much to go off of .. just hoping he's the right guy at the right time.  I don't see the point in being negative about the guy and his offense until we see how it actually works in GB.