packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Mainly because he's not McCarthy.  Maybe some fresher concepts will add something to our mix?  I really don't have much to go off of .. just hoping he's the right guy at the right time.  I don't see the point in being negative about the guy and his offense until we see how it actually works in GB. 

And I guess i just don't see the point of everybody changing their opinion on literally every decision the Packers have made over the last two seasons.

Nobody wanted Gutekunst as GM, Gutekunst is GM, everybody is thrilled.

Nobody wanted LaFleur as HC, LaFleur is HC, everybody is thrilled.

Nobody wanted Gary at 12, Gary gets drafted at 12, everybody thinks he's going to be an all time great.

It's weird and cult like.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And I guess i just don't see the point of everybody changing their opinion on literally every decision the Packers have made over the last two seasons.

Nobody wanted Gary at 12, Gary gets drafted at 12, everybody thinks he's going to be an all time great.

What are you gonna do about it .. the decisions were made and our only recourse is to get on board or say F-Off Packers, I'm getting a new team ;)

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I agree with your concerns here and I was not on the MLF or the Gary train, but I do have to say I was on the Gutekunst train the entire time. Right now, I only have two reasons to make me feel comfortable with MLF as coach: 1. McCarthy ran the worst offense in the league the year before he was our HC; it panned out until Dom's Duds and Defensive Scheme killed the team from 2011 until his firing. and 2. He's a Shanahan/McVey disciple(mainly McVey who was overthinking during the Superb Owl). 

I think MLF and Arod will challenge each other though simply because MLF is going to force Rodgers to think more conservatively instead of consistent attempts at chunk yardage. Rodgers will challenge MLF to think pass a bit more often.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maintain healthy skepticism?

I think this is the way we should feel moving forward TBH. You and I may not articulate our stances in concert, but I think we're both in the same boat here...

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maintain healthy skepticism?

I think with Gary and LaFleur they have no track record yet in GB.  If you want to judge them on the past have at it, but you can't really rip into them as Packers until they actually get a chance to show their stuff.  Believe me .. if they stink I'll be plenty vocal about it.

As for Gute .. it's fair to judge him.  All told I think he's done a pretty good job on paper.  That defense has been remade.  If it winds up being an unproductive unit though he's going to get a ton of criticism.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I agree with your concerns here and I was not on the MLF or the Gary train, but I do have to say I was on the Gutekunst train the entire time. Right now, I only have two reasons to make me feel comfortable with MLF as coach: 1. McCarthy ran the worst offense in the league the year before he was our HC; it panned out until Dom's Duds and Defensive Scheme killed the team from 2011 until his firing. and 2. He's a Shanahan/McVey disciple(mainly McVey who was overthinking during the Superb Owl). 

I think MLF and Arod will challenge each other though simply because MLF is going to force Rodgers to think more conservatively instead of consistent attempts at chunk yardage. Rodgers will challenge MLF to think pass a bit more often.

I think this is the way we should feel moving forward TBH. You and I may not articulate our stances in concert, but I think we're both in the same boat here...

It's hard to be overly critical this off-season.  The organization had been aggressive.  I think we got a quality young mind for a head coach, and added a ton of solid pieces in free agency.  This is not an off-season to be a Negative Nelly.  If the moves that were made prove to be busts then by all means blast the hell out of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think with Gary and LaFleur they have no track record yet in GB.  If you want to judge them on the past have at it, but you can't really rip into them as Packers until they actually get a chance to show their stuff.  Believe me .. if they stink I'll be plenty vocal about it.

As for Gute .. it's fair to judge him.  All told I think he's done a pretty good job on paper.  That defense has been remade.  If it winds up being an unproductive unit though he's going to get a ton of criticism.

Pretty sure that's what he meant by "healthy skepticism" though. All @AlexGreen#20 did was share his concerns. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do agree with all the run game talk. Run first offense will fail. Yes the offense needs to be more methodical and consistent, but the people who want to feature a power run game featured are out of touch. They are the people who think 2 down plugger NT and thumper ILB with poor coverage abilities are worth high picks. Who still think base D formation matters most, and "three yards and a cloud of dust" is a winning offense. They'd probably try and run the Lombardi sweep.

MLF I have healthy skepticism for. Gary, I didn’t want before the draft. But I just believed the people who said he was 

lazy and lethargic on the field. I literally didn’t even watch a game tape of him because I just believed he was a dud. 

Once I watched his game tape, I don’t know how anyone who knows football can watch him play and not think he’s going to be a good pass rusher in the NFL. I guess the injury is a concern, but the stuff about him not being a good player was absolutely false. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

Almost like a fan base. Fan is actually short for fanatic. Not sure we're following them as a research assignment.

Yep. I am a fan because it brings me joy. Being optimistic is more fun than being pessimistic. I can have the guys I like and don't like prior to decisions based off 0.5% of available information and then be happy when someone else gets the nod instead.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 1:26 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I am not concerned with being consistent in what I say
I am concerned with being consistent with The Truth as its revealed to me

- some dude named Gandhi

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I am not concerned with being consistent in what I say
I am concerned with being consistent with The Truth as its revealed to me

- some dude named Gandhi

The worst of all deceptions, is self deceptions - Plato

We see only two things in people: what we want to see, and what they want to show us - Isadora Duncan

I'm not double checking my sources on these, so I may be wrong on the originations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The worst of all deceptions, is self deceptions - Plato

We see only two things in people: what we want to see, and what they want to show us - Isadora Duncan

I'm not double checking my sources on these, so I may be wrong on the originations.

Geeee....I spend time away and come back to find the Packer threads have gotten all introspective and deep thinking :)