packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Just now, SSG said:

We'll agree to disagree.  I don't view 20 snaps a game for a 3 down RB as opportunity. 

While he certainly had some bad games where he got some opportunity (week 3 against Jacksonville), there aren't many instances.  He had multiple games last year with an extremely low snap count where he got the hand off in more than 70% of those snaps.  This lead to a predictable offense and required him to run into 8+ man boxes more than any RB in the league.  That right there is being set up to fail by your coaching staff.

I just don't understand putting all the blame on Henry while making LaFleur out to be this elite OC who was let down by "turds" like Derrick Henry and Corey Davis.  But LaFleur is a packer so making Henry out to be a putrid RB allows for the escape goat.  

I've never seen so much criticism of an offense without once acknowledging the quarterback position.

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I seen that.  Sounds like a good guy and a great teammate if he's willing to take all the blame in a game in which he seen only 20 snaps.  With a 60 yard TD getting called back by penalty I'm not sure I agree with the idea that he deserves the blame.  That was an offensive lineman that wiped out his game changing play.  

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is www.firelafleur.com up yet?

Lol if I'm being honest, I have FAR less faith in LaFluer than Gute. But I've also seen Gute do stuff. I honestly expect LaFluer to be meh and everyone to wonder why he got hired.

Then I'll start

www.imissmccarthy.com

And fwiw, I rather like Henry. I'm more defending him than crapping on Matt.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

I've never seen so much criticism of an offense without once acknowledging the quarterback position.

I've never said the QB was any good.  He pretty clearly regressed this last year.  Saying that though, it's tough when you are in 3rd and long all that time.  3rd and longs occur when you lead the league in rushing attempts while it's second and long.  

4 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I don't like that poster but his last paragraph is pretty ******* true. You aren't wrong either though.

It's too damn hard to know with what he had what he is. I'm hopeful the smart people who hired him saw something special.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This is wrong.  Derrick Henry went on the record and basically apologized for his terrible performance in the first half of last season.  He got opportunities and just didn't do anything with it early on.  He came around in the second half and LaFleur rode him.  I'm sure he would have liked to do that in the first half of the season too, but Henry no-showed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/01/derrick-henry-disappointed-he-hasnt-played-like-elite-back/

Like I said previously he sounds like a great teammate and a stand up guy.  He pretty clearly has some pretty high expectations of himself if he expects elite production with only 20 snaps.  

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

I've never said the QB was any good.  He pretty clearly regressed this last year.  Saying that though, it's tough when you are in 3rd and long all that time.  3rd and longs occur when you lead the league in rushing attempts while it's second and long.  

Also happens when the box is loaded up because your QB can't throw because he has nerve damage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Also happens when the box is loaded up because your QB can't throw because he has nerve damage.

Their backup must have been legit garbage. I'm not even joking, it sounds like he really couldn't throw... Yet he was playing. 

Sign tebow and bench his ***

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Freaking love that he’s doing something about making lambeau harder for opposing defenses and open to lots of ideas to do it

at about 11:00 min

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cBzyiXR3LTQ4MDUwNjc5fDFaa0p6cmpBWU5OSnbK0qyvGUVLa2YJ3CVDmOlxUU7IPDuENTykbwr136jXow==?t=10m16s

My wife was a fan of all the coaches wearing black pants and nicer shirts.