Jump to content
FinneasGage

packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I think the Mac die hards werent 80% of this forum. Most of.us wanted him gone. His post has more to do with people questioning MLF being the right hire. 

Actually no it wasn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cannondale said:

Actually no it wasn't

Well, then that was just a horrible take of 80% of this forum wanting Mac to stay. Unless @Outpost31 wanting Mac to stay and us to trade Aaron Rodgers counts as 80% of the forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick_gb said:

Well, then that was just a horrible take of 80% of this forum wanting Mac to stay. Unless @Outpost31 wanting Mac to stay and us to trade Aaron Rodgers counts as 80% of the forum. 

I wanted us to trade Rodgers before his contract, and I wasn’t 100% behind McCarthy.  He bothered me as much as everybody.  I was just the only one who seems to realize that things can get worse.  Much worse.  Head coaches fail at an alarming rate.  Just take a look around the NFL and you’ll see that to be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Well, then that was just a horrible take of 80% of this forum wanting Mac to stay. Unless @Outpost31 wanting Mac to stay and us to trade Aaron Rodgers counts as 80% of the forum. 

My post was about the crap Murphy took. I literally said "the absolute beating Mark Murphy took during the hiring process." Where you are getting the Mac stuff is beyond me. Stop making stuff up

Edited by cannondale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

My post was about the crap Murphy took. I literally said "the absolute beating Mark Murphy took during the hiring process"

Mark Murphy took a beating for firing McCarthy immediately after our loss. That beating was justified. It was disrespectful to fire him like that. It wasn't WHO he fired that got him a beating it was HOW he fired him that got him that. So again, the take is still bad.

Outside of that, I don't really know what to tell you if it wasn't about the MLF hire and it wasn't about the Mike Mccarthy firing or truthers because at the end of the day the process was alright. He brought in a lot of names that we all wanted to see brought in for interviews and even went outside the box with his hiring process and did his due diligence.

 

Edited by Nick_gb
Wasn't finished type before I accidentally hit submit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick_gb said:

Mark Murphy took a beating for firing McCarthy immediately after our loss. That beating was justified. It was disrespectful to fire him like that. It wasn't WHO he fired that got him a beating it was HOW he fired him that got him that. So again, the take is still bad.

Your memory is too selective for my taste. The take is valid and has nothing to do with firing MM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Your memory is too selective for my taste. The take is valid and has nothing to do with firing MM. 

lol or your post of 80% of this board gave him a beating during the hiring process was highly over-exaggerated. I suppose when you need to stroke your own ego though it's necessary to exaggerate the numbers a bit to give it a little more backbone though. Do you, boo boo. Do you.

Edited by Nick_gb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick_gb said:

lol or your post of 80% of this board gave him a beating during the hiring process was highly over-exaggerated. I suppose when you need to stroke your own ego though it's necessary to exaggerate the numbers a bit to give it a little more backbone though. Do you, boo boo. Do you.

For someone that doesn't like drama, you sure are causing it. My memory of the posts regarding Murphy's meddling, power hungry antics etc etc is obviously different than yours. Either way, I'm off to stroke my ego, because my post history shows that's what I do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

For someone that doesn't like drama, you sure are causing it. My memory of the posts regarding Murphy's meddling, power hungry antics etc etc is obviously different than yours. Either way, I'm off to stroke my ego, because my post history shows that's what I do. 

I find drama unnecessary it doesnt mean I wont reply to backhanded comments. Enjoy your stroke though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were definitely a lot of people here who had a big problem with Murphy and saw the way he handled everything from the Gute hire through the MLF hiring and the massage article as a power grab by Murphy, trying to take over the football aspects of the organization

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Everyone should listen to the Chris Simms unbuttoned podcast. One he breaks down the flower vs bak issue and how it likely became what it did.

But more importantly he talks about the chess match of Lefluer vs Patricia. And how gb finally has a lot of clever plays on offense and getting no name WRs open. Just the lions defense played well because of Patricia’s knowledge. A lot of defenses won’t have answers like the Lions did because they won’t have the depth of information.

Very interesting...

He coaches well against good defenses.  His offense scored 34 against NE last year when his QB could barely grip a ball and the WR/TE group was down to mostly reserves (sound familiar?).  He doesn't run some flashy looking offense like McVay or Shanahan, though that may change as the personnel does, but he can get a lot out of what skill players he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

There were definitely a lot of people here who had a big problem with Murphy and saw the way he handled everything from the Gute hire through the MLF hiring and the massage article as a power grab by Murphy, trying to take over the football aspects of the organization

What does that have to do with the success MLF is having? Just because we're 5-1 it doesn't make it any less of a power grab move. He trusted Gute enough to hire him as this franchise General Manager he should have trusted him enough to make the call on who our next Head Coach would be. Our current success doesnt make that any less of a fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

What does that have to do with the success MLF is having? Just because we're 5-1 it doesn't make it any less of a power grab move. He trusted Gute enough to hire him as this franchise General Manager he should have trusted him enough to make the call on who our next Head Coach would be. Our current success doesnt make that any less of a fact. 

How many coaching searches had Gute conducted up until that time ? How many interviews had he conducted ? How do you know Gute didn't make the final call ? And what difference does it make if it was a joint decision ? I'd rather have two guys agree than just one.  Obviously a monstrously inappropriate power move by Murphy to assist Gute, or partner with Gute, or teach Gute the ropes about how to go about those things. And judging by how much Murphy has meddled in every single move since then, as a show of power in the organization,  it's a wonder he's still around. 

Edited by cannondale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

How many coaching searches had Gute conducted up until that time ? How many interviews had he conducted ? How do you know Gute didn't make the final call ? And what difference does it make if it was a joint decision ? I'd rather have two guys agree than just one.  Obviously a monstrously inappropriate power move by Murphy to assist Gute, or partner with Gute, or teach Gute the ropes about how to go about those things. And judging by how much Murphy has meddled in every single move since then, as a show of power in the organization,  it's a wonder he's still around. 

Most of those comments youre referring to came out when Murphy stated he would be conducting the HC search for the Packers. Who cares if Gute hadn't done a HC search before? At the time the perceived notion was that he needed to let Gute do this. Our current 5-1 record doesnt change my stance on that nor will it change my stance if we win the Super Bowl or proceed to go undefeated next year. Our success doesnt change that any of that. I dont see how either one are relevant to one another. Just because he made the right call (so far) doesnt mean it wasnt any less of a **** move / power play. 

How do you know Murphy isnt involved in decisions right now? I find that hard to believe considering MLF doesnt report directly to Gute but instead reports to Murphy, but sure okay. Lets go with your guess.

Edited by Nick_gb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Most of those comments youre referring to came out when Murphy stated he would be conducting the HC search for the Packers. Who cares if Gute hadn't done a HC search before? At the time the perceived notion was that he needed to let Gute do this. Our current 5-1 record doesnt change my stance on that nor will it change my stance if we win the Super Bowl or proceed to go undefeated next year. Our success doesnt change that any of that. I dont see how either one are relevant to one another. Just because he made the right call (so far) doesnt mean it wasnt any less of a **** move / power play. 

How do you know Murphy isnt involved in decisions right now? A little funny considering MLF reports directly to him. 

Well at least we know why you took offense to begin with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×