packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

How many coaching searches had Gute conducted up until that time ? How many interviews had he conducted ? How do you know Gute didn't make the final call ? And what difference does it make if it was a joint decision ? I'd rather have two guys agree than just one.  Obviously a monstrously inappropriate power move by Murphy to assist Gute, or partner with Gute, or teach Gute the ropes about how to go about those things. And judging by how much Murphy has meddled in every single move since then, as a show of power in the organization,  it's a wonder he's still around. 

I didn't like it that Murphy took the power to hire the coach away from the GM. On the other hand, I don't regard it as monstrously inappropriate, and I am willing to see how it plays out before passing judgment. Murphy is a smart and knowledgeable guy, and the only reason he stayed in the background so long was that the team was having a pretty good run with Thompson and McCarthy. Once he decided to step in, he was bold and decisive. If things don't work out, the board can fire him. 

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Our success doesnt change that any of that. I dont see how either one are relevant to one another. Just because he made the right call (so far) doesnt mean it wasnt any less of a **** move / power play. 

So the success of the team would not change your opinion? Really? I, for one, am just fine with a**** move power plays if they result in championships. I don't think that's what it was anyway. Murphy had every right to do what he did. He's the team president. He is accountable to the board and the fans, and he can be fired if the board is not happy with the job he does. 

19 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I didn't like it that Murphy took the power to hire the coach away from the GM. On the other hand, I don't regard it as monstrously inappropriate, and I am willing to see how it plays out before passing judgment. Murphy is a smart and knowledgeable guy, and the only reason he stayed in the background so long was that the team was having a pretty good run with Thompson and McCarthy. Once he decided to step in, he was bold and decisive. If things don't work out, the board can fire him. 

I think it would have been quite a bit to ask anyone to go from scout to GM with a coaching change without a little help. I can't even imagine the rules and regulations and protocol that is required in such things. I guess some believe you just put out a Craigslist ad

Edited by cannondale

19 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well at least we know why you took offense to begin with

This post is about as quality as your take of the 5-1 record somehow having anything to do with people not liking that Mark Murphy has the HC reporting directly to him or took charge of the hiring process.

15 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

So the success of the team would not change your opinion? Really? I, for one, am just fine with a**** move power plays if they result in championships. I don't think that's what it was anyway. Murphy had every right to do what he did. He's the team president. He is accountable to the board and the fans, and he can be fired if the board is not happy with the job he does. 

Correct, the success of the team right now has nothing to do with my perceived notion that I felt Gute should be in charge of picking the head coach. We can go all the way back to where I said I wasn't sure of the hire but also was going to trust Mark Murphy because he knows a lot more then I do. It's okay to both Trust him but not agree with every approach he takes. Hell, I trust my girl but I don't agree with her shopping habits. It doesn't make us any less compatible. lol.

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I think it would have been quite a bit to ask anyone to go from scout to GM with a coaching change without a little help. I can't even imagine the rules and regulations and protocol that is required in such things. I guess some believe you just put out a Craigslist ad

People do it quite often actually. It's nothing new. These people have been in the league for decades, they've seen the process throughout their career.

23 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I don't view it as "monstrously inappropriate" I just felt it was a bit of a **** move. In my opinion, if you trust him to be the General Manager of your franchise, then let him be that. Let him pick that head coach and have that head coach report directly to Gute, not to Murphy. That's all. I don't hate Murphy by any means. I think he's a hell of a President and has done right by this Franchise since getting here. I just don't agree with how he approached that and a 5-1 record or any record really wouldn't and won't change that for me.

24 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

This post is about as quality as your take of the 5-1 record somehow having anything to do with people not liking that Mark Murphy has the HC reporting directly to him or took charge of the hiring process.

Show me where I mention record or any of your post for that matter. You've been adding stuff at will to my original post. Wow. And all 32 GMs answer to someone.

Before you go there - I didn't shoot J.R.

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Show me where I mention record or any of your post for that matter. You've been adding stuff at will to my original post. Wow.

Before you go there - I didn't shoot J.R.

Are we going ti assume if we have a losing record you still make that post? If thats the case you didnt say it. I assumed it based off our currect success and there our success is tied into the 5-1 record. 

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Are we going ti assume if we have a losing record you still make that post? If thats the case you didnt say it. I assumed it based off our currect success and there our success is tied into the 5-1 record. 

Instead of guessing what I think or simply adding stuff to make your argument, why not just read the original post and take it for the words written. That's the end of it for me. Too much drama.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Instead of guessing what I think or simply adding stuff to make your argument, why not just read the original post and take it for the words written. That's the end of it for me. Too much drama.

Lol too much drama. Funny from someone who instigated it with his "80% of the forums" comment and  backhanded replies after.  My assumption is correct that post doesnt get made if we're losing right now. That's just common sense. 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

What does that have to do with the success MLF is having? Just because we're 5-1 it doesn't make it any less of a power grab move. He trusted Gute enough to hire him as this franchise General Manager he should have trusted him enough to make the call on who our next Head Coach would be. Our current success doesnt make that any less of a fact. 

Ohhhh, so you ARE one of them. That explains the reaction 😂

Just now, incognito_man said:

Ohhhh, so you ARE one of them. That explains the reaction 😂

LOL. Listen, I disagreed with the move. 100% won't ever claim that I didn't. I feel and still feel when you make that hire of Gute then you need to trust him to make his moves and hire his coach. You also need to trust him and have that coach report directly to him and not you. I think that's fair to disagree with both of those moves. It doesn't mean I hate Murphy or think he's an inadequate President. I just disagree with that approach. Regardless of how our season turns out.