packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The trend is not a healthy one if you ask me. "I don't want to play here." "I'm not being used properly." "I need more touches." Allowing celebrations isn't good enough. Now players have to run 80 yards to the furthest end zone to prolong the "look at me and then pay me" Some may use the get off my lawn. I refute by saying stop ruining my sports

Does it ruin anything or is it just something morally that bothers you though?

55 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not even 30 yet, so way too young to be a get off my lawn guy, but that said, kind of sad we pay these guys millions of dollars to play a game and still have to play rap music in practice and put a bball hoop in the meeting room so it seems like "fun" and not work.

Heaven forbid your favorite song doesn't play at practice, guess you can't be a close locker room?

Kind of makes our players seem more lame than Mac IMO. Yeah him going was needed, but Mac was a players coach through and through, so these guys already had it easy.

I don't really see it as a "fun" thing rather an energy/atmosphere thing. While they do get paid millions to play a game, creating an atmosphere that increases energy and a positive culture does help build cohesion in a locker room or in any job really. 

Even in the cube farm I work at playing music increasing the energy and makes the atmosphere more "fun". Being in the NFL is a grind and any little bit that takes away from that is a positive. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The trend is not a healthy one if you ask me. "I don't want to play here." "I'm not being used properly." "I need more touches." Allowing celebrations isn't good enough. Now players have to run 80 yards to the furthest end zone to prolong the "look at me and then pay me" Some may use the get off my lawn. I refute by saying stop ruining my sports

Oh no the entertainers are entertaining, look away they are destroying my beloved sportz. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Maybe that is why he spent so much time after he left GB in updating his playbook. The question no-one can answer is did he change it enough.

That's why he will need to convince an owner in an interview that his new scheme will work.  Because his old scheme didn't with one of the best to ever play.

That's a tough one to overcome in an interview.  Especially when your competition is going to be the younger, next generation head coaches.  

You know?  Thinking about it.  If Mac gets a job, I think he'd need a very good, veteran quarterback with the ability to quickly read defenses.  And a good WR corp.  To me, maybe the Falcons would be a good place for him.  If they want to win now with Ryan, maybe that would work.

Just interesting to speculate.  I truly wish Mac well, but I think it's gonna be tough sledding for him out there.

30 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Not even worth a mention? How many people had the Packers at 6-1 at this point, even with a healthy Aaron Rodgers? Not many, and I think it's been pretty obvious that Matt LaFleur has been a big part of the fast start. As you say though, I do kind of like him flying under the radar. 

Some of those talking heads had GB as a contender.  But you are right, not many.

But yah, I wouldn't mention him in the same breath as some other candidates because MLF is doing it with Rodgers.  I think to some, Rodgers takes some of the shine off of MLF.  As do the new free agent additions.  Personally, I feel that is 100% wrong, but I can see that being the mindset of some of these talking heads.

I wonder if Gute is in line for GM of the year.  

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

I don't really see it as a "fun" thing rather an energy/atmosphere thing. While they do get paid millions to play a game, creating an atmosphere that increases energy and a positive culture does help build cohesion in a locker room or in any job really. 

Even in the cube farm I work at playing music increasing the energy and makes the atmosphere more "fun". Being in the NFL is a grind and any little bit that takes away from that is a positive. 

I suppose, I just know Mac was a players coach too, these guys didn't have it rough. He was always about the players. He just wasn't "hip" with the young crowd. I guess it's just as much the media's fault as it is the players with always trying to compare this year to last. 

Just glad they like LaFleur I guess. Props to Murphy for the hire once again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

oh brother lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

oh brother lol

Until one of your favorite players forces his way outta town. This is how it starts. MLF has already had to address the celebrations. The NFL will be next. Oh brother is usually followed by I never saw that coming. It always starts with the small stuff. That's how it happened in the NBA. Now the players decide who plays on which team regardless of contracts and let the owners know what they decide if they feel like it.

Edited by cannondale

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Until one of your favorite players forces his way outta town. This is how it starts. MLF has already had to address the celebrations. The NFL will be next. Oh brother is usually followed by I never saw that coming. It always starts with the small stuff. That's how it happened in the NBA. Now the players decide who plays on which team regardless of contracts and let the owners know what they decide if they feel like it.

I agree. You let the players pick their own music and next thing you know they’re staging a league coup. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Should just hand the ball to the ref and act like they've been there before. They should ban tattoos and chains while they're at it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Name a NBA player that forced his way off of a team without a legitimate reason? Most spend 7+ years in a losing situation and want to win. Taking the side of owners is something I will never understand. 

I've also never seen a NBA player force their way off of a team before being drafted ala John Elway and Eli Manning. I am not even saying it's wrong but your arguments make little to no sense other than you don't like it.

Lamar Jackson should be in the MVP conversation as well...

• Like 1

I think this whole conversation is hilarious. The Vikings arguably play in one of the lesser desirable cities (maybe I am off base but I'm not an American), yet they have done such a great job with their facility you have players wanting to stay and go there. 

It's the team's responsibility to make the players want to play there. This is a sports league but it is also a business, for the players too. The players are employees and have preferences and a say on where they play, why shouldn't they? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I think this whole conversation is hilarious. The Vikings arguably play in one of the lesser desirable cities (maybe I am off base but I'm not an American), yet they have done such a great job with their facility you have players wanting to stay and go there. 

It's the team's responsibility to make the players want to play there. This is a sports league but it is also a business, for the players too. The players are employees and have preferences and a say on where they play, why shouldn't they? 

Slippery slope. Once you let them have an ounce of fun it's all downhill.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The ruination of pro sports leagues would probably be a boon to society, in the long run. 

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think Minneapolis is probably one of the better midwest cities.. it seems more hospitable than Detroit, KC, St Louis or Cleveland at least? What do other people think? It has good transportation routes and the light rail is key for anything you need DT. I wouldnt say its remarkable but is it really less desirable than any other midwest city?

Not that this is very important either way.