packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I think Minneapolis is probably one of the better midwest cities.. it seems more hospitable than Detroit, KC, St Louis or Cleveland at least? What do other people think? It has good transportation routes and the light rail is key for anything you need DT. I wouldnt say its remarkable but is it really less desirable than any other midwest city?

Not that this is very important either way.

I think the young African-American men who make up the bulk of NFL/NBA players would sooner be caught wearing a tutu than be seen on light rail. 

Just now, Mr Bad Example said:

I think the young African-American men who make up the bulk of NFL/NBA players would sooner be caught wearing a tutu than be seen on light rail. 

Well I suppose theyd be driving wherever they want, but their road systems are still better than plenty of cities. I guess the light rail is just for us peasants but still.

I'm surprise that I didn't see the story from The Ringer posted here, but one of the Smiths flat-out admits that he was looking for whoever paid him the most, not the best situation; though, I've also seen agents quoted with "players don't want to go to Green Bay; then they get there and don't want to leave." 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Until one of your favorite players forces his way outta town. This is how it starts. MLF has already had to address the celebrations. The NFL will be next. Oh brother is usually followed by I never saw that coming. It always starts with the small stuff. That's how it happened in the NBA. Now the players decide who plays on which team regardless of contracts and let the owners know what they decide if they feel like it.

What is wrong with that?

53 minutes ago, deathstar said:

What is wrong with that?

They are called contracts. With the social media frenzy and the hourly aggravation it causes, players can now just say "Yes I'm under contract for two more years. I don't care. Release me so I can go sign another deal I won't honor. I didn't say trade me. I want my full release. You get nothing. Bye." If that's a good thing, then I must be really old.

Edited by cannondale

6 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I think Minneapolis is probably one of the better midwest cities.. it seems more hospitable than Detroit, KC, St Louis or Cleveland at least? What do other people think? It has good transportation routes and the light rail is key for anything you need DT. I wouldnt say its remarkable but is it really less desirable than any other midwest city?

Not that this is very important either way.

Minneapolis is an awesome city.  It's really nice and not run down, the people are chill and friendly and mind their own business, there are loads of amazing restaurants there, there's a ton to do, crime isn't bad, and even though it's a big city the traffic isn't bad at all.  It's my favorite large American city, and I generally don't care for cities.  The only downfall, in my opinion, is the brutal winters, but that's part of what keeps out a lot of the riff raff so it's not swarming with bottom feeders.  It's a hell of a lot nicer than Milwaukee, but that's not difficult to acheive.  I personally think it's a lot nicer than Madison or Green Bay too, to be completely honest.

Of course you'll have the people that say "durrr but da Vikings pway der so dat sity suks DURRRRRR!"

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Minneapolis is an awesome city.  It's really nice and not run down, the people are chill and friendly and mind their own business, there are loads of amazing restaurants there, there's a ton to do, crime isn't bad, and even though it's a big city the traffic isn't bad at all.  It's my favorite large American city, and I generally don't care for cities.  The only downfall, in my opinion, is the brutal winters, but that's part of what keeps out a lot of the riff raff so it's not swarming with bottom feeders.  It's a hell of a lot nicer than Milwaukee, but that's not difficult to acheive.  I personally think it's a lot nicer than Madison or Green Bay too, to be completely honest.

Of course you'll have the people that say "durrr but da Vikings pway der so dat sity suks DURRRRRR!"

Picking a city is like choosing a tie or a watch. The absolute in personal preference. I've lived in the NW suburbs of Chicago, Wausau, stood on Madison Ave and Broadway in NY. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in a city where having a car is not feasible. I'm back in Green Bay and won't ever leave again. I grew up here, so that's a major factor too

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Picking a city is like choosing a tie or a watch. The absolute in personal preference. I've lived in the NW suburbs of Chicago, Wausau, stood on Madison Ave and Broadway in NY. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in a city where having a car is not feasible. I'm back in Green Bay and won't ever leave again. I grew up here, so that's a major factor too

That's definitely true.  I've lived in a lot of places myself, and Wisconsin just isn't my cup of tea.  Thankfully I'm moving 2 weeks from now.  I'll probably never stop rooting for the Packers though, especially considering the closest NFL teams to me will be the Panthers and Redskins.  BARF.  Will have to figure out how I'm going to watch Packer games now though.

6 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

That's definitely true.  I've lived in a lot of places myself, and Wisconsin just isn't my cup of tea.  Thankfully I'm moving 2 weeks from now.  I'll probably never stop rooting for the Packers though, especially considering the closest NFL teams to me will be the Panthers and Redskins.  BARF.  Will have to figure out how I'm going to watch Packer games now though.

Direct TV with NFL Sunday Ticket. It's expensive (once you get past the initial deal), but watching the Packers is a need, not a want. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Minneapolis is nice for sure, it's fun to hate on Milwaukee but the downtown area has gotten infinitely nicer with the revitalization of the older industrial areas into bars, breweries and wedding venues, and also the Bucks stadium and surroundings have really spruced up the city. 

Madison has a great atmosphere, but driving in it sucks, especially with a truck. 

Green Bay isn't a city ha, it's more of a spread out town.

I'd say Indianapolis gives Minneapolis a run for the money, at least the downtown area by the Dome I've stayed in a few times. Milwaukee has caught up in recent years. Granted I'd never live in a city like a player may, so I can't judge that aspect but the age of craft beer/liquor and not everyone drinking Bud and Jack Daniels has put some money back in the "fun" areas of Midwestern cities. Most of them have thriving scenes for that stuff and are good for weekend getaways.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Minneapolis is nice for sure, it's fun to hate on Milwaukee but the downtown area has gotten infinitely nicer with the revitalization of the older industrial areas into bars, breweries and wedding venues, and also the Bucks stadium and surroundings have really spruced up the city. 

Madison has a great atmosphere, but driving in it sucks, especially with a truck. 

Green Bay isn't a city ha, it's more of a spread out town.

I'd say Indianapolis gives Minneapolis a run for the money, at least the downtown area by the Dome I've stayed in a few times. Milwaukee has caught up in recent years. Granted I'd never live in a city like a player may, so I can't judge that aspect but the age of craft beer/liquor and not everyone drinking Bud and Jack Daniels has put some money back in the "fun" areas of Midwestern cities. Most of them have thriving scenes for that stuff and are good for weekend getaways.

Indianapolis is the most boring city in America

14 hours ago, cannondale said:

They are called contracts. With the social media frenzy and the hourly aggravation it causes, players can now just say "Yes I'm under contract for two more years. I don't care. Release me so I can go sign another deal I won't honor. I didn't say trade me. I want my full release. You get nothing. Bye." If that's a good thing, then I must be really old.

Are they doing something outside of what the owners agreed to? There’s no CBA in the NBA?