FinneasGage

packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

3 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Somebody capitalize the thread title. My lord, how lazy. 

rude

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

One 3-4 hour interview and they made their minds up. WTF. I don't agree with that at all.

You get him to come to Green Bay, show him around, get a feel for him in this environment, introduce him to Rodgers and the staff, talk more in depth regarding the staff, players, salary cap, vision, life, family, contracts etc... Really get a good feel for that person and THEN make your decision.

I think they well regret making their decision so quickly.

You are right. But I hope you are wrong.

Coached RG3 to rookie of the year, coached Matt Ryan to his MVP season, coached the Rams in 2017 when their O went from last to first.

I'm trusting the Packer front office on this choice as I know jack squat about this guy.  A lightning bolt out of the sky for sure as he wasn't mentioned much by all the national pundits.  

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

And you thought Aaron Jones didn’t get enough touches BEFORE...

He runs a balanced offense?

6 minutes ago, Hawkfan191 said:

So that being said, I wonder if Rodgers was involved at all in this process, like rumors were said to have been the case.

He had some head scratching calls that maybe cost us two games. 

Called a spread pass play on a two point conversion from the 1, with Marcus and Henry on the team. A sneak would have worked.

Called a FB dive to a TE that hasn't ran the ball since high school on a goal line 4th down play. Turned the tide of the game. 

Was slow to adjust to the game flow a couple times. Ran the ball when we had no business running the ball. 

All that said, he helped call games where we win two games with Gabbert. A game with no starting tackles. 4th and 5th tackles. 

Managed to be in games despite playing 2 Undrafted WRs and 2 Undrafted TEs. Lost both starting TEs. 

Also a QB that couldn't feel his hand totally for half the season. 

Didn't really get a big feel for his personality. Don't know if he can lead a locker room. He was likeable. Answered questions with the media in his days off availability. 

I could see him work wonders with Rodgers ( not that he needs to much help).

He really did seem to get the most out of what he had to work with. Should be a good hire. We almost hired him as our head coach. 

Good luck to him. Hate to see him leave. Really wanted to see what Marcus and him could do in year two together. 

1 minute ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Coached RG3 to rookie of the year, coached Matt Ryan to his MVP season, coached the Rams in 2017 when their O went from last to first.

He was also known for being more fond of Cousins than Griffin from an early stage. Guy knows the QB position extremely well for his age 

Monken was their #2 choice. I guess McDaniels didn't impress, after all.