packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We had younger, worse and less-experienced players with Capers.  

I mean... This year we had Alexander and Breeland.  Last year we had House and Randall.  House and Randall at corner helped us to more interceptions.

We had 7 interceptions.  Total.  Three of them were from Clinton-Dix.  That is embarrassing no matter who your defensive backs are.

Capers still had better saftey play and pass rush though. Haha when he was playing well, Burnett, Hyde, etc. We didnt have ball hawks at Saftey and played musical chairs throughout the secondary this season. Not saying it isn't unacceptable to have only 7 INTs. But we had nobody especially at Saftey and played like 6 or 7 different guys there. Clay a shell of himself and Perry playing bad/being injured didnt help either to help us create turnovers. I expect that to change if we upgrade at those spots significantly this upcoming season.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Delanie Walker is 34, ladies and gentlemen.  If LaFleur was going to use him as a centerpiece to their offense before he got injured, Jimmy Graham at 32 will do just fine for LaFleur this coming season.  

Unless anybody honestly believes Walker at 34 this year is that much more physically capable at 2 years older than Graham will be at the start of next season, which I wouldn't doubt.  People around here act like Graham was literally using a walker this year.

You are short selling Delanie Walker in the worst possible way.  While Walker is 2 years older he's a substantially better all around TE.  He's every bit the pass catcher while also being one of the best blocking TEs in the league. 

IMO there is zero chance that LaF is going to be able to use Graham in the same manner he likely planned to use Walker given the large difference in run blocking abilities.  Graham is as bad of a blocker as you'll ever find playing his position in the NFL.  

15 minutes ago, SSG said:

You are short selling Delanie Walker in the worst possible way.  While Walker is 2 years older he's a substantially better all around TE.  He's every bit the pass catcher while also being one of the best blocking TEs in the league. 

IMO there is zero chance that LaF is going to be able to use Graham in the same manner he likely planned to use Walker given the large difference in run blocking abilities.  Graham is as bad of a blocker as you'll ever find playing his position in the NFL.  

You ever watch these rookie tight ends? 

Graham isn't a good blocker, but the kids are way worse.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Is it strange yet that Pettine hasn't been confirmed?  If no, when would it become strange if he is not confirmed?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it has in fact been confirmed.

Hope I'm wrong and he's as good as I thought he would be, but 29th in turnovers is unacceptable to me.  I'd rather be 32nd in points allowed and 22nd in turnovers than 22nd in points allowed and 29th in turnovers.

I didn't see a single interception that wasn't a 50/50 type ball or a bad throw/poor route.  Every single interception was just... Not Pettine-related.

29th in turnovers... Completely unacceptable, and if we aren't in the top 16 next year, I will get extremely vocal about wanting Pettine gone rather than just preferring someone else.

We are in the 1st year with a new DC as we're rebuilding our defensive roster.  If there aren't improvements next year, then the seat starts warming up.  I'm not sure there's a DC out there whose going to magically fix our defense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We are in the 1st year with a new DC as we're rebuilding our defensive roster.  If there aren't improvements next year, then the seat starts warming up.  I'm not sure there's a DC out there whose going to magically fix our defense.

no DC out there exists that could fix that defense as it existed in 2018.

He has a solid building block if Gute can get him the right guys.

start with the building block of Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander and Blake Martinez and go from there. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure the only offensive coach who has been asked back is the TE coach.

I liked Campen, but I am guessing that the OL coach is an important part of helping to establish a new offensive scheme. Coach will need to hire his guy.

It looks like we’ll have no luck poaching OCs from other teams. Our new OC is presently a position coach somewhere I would guess. That’s a big jump and I hope we get it right. 

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the thread title had me thinking...if the NFL conducted a coach draft and we got to select our coach, who would your top 10 picks me:

Belichick (age)
Carroll (age)
Reid
Pederson
McVay
Payton
Harbaugh
Lynn
Shanahan
Nagy

Seem like they'd be my top 10 (in no order)

Are we to presume that since LaFleur is our HC, thats why he's not on your list (?) or that he wouldnt be in your top 10?