packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

47 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I hope the new coach makes his Defensive Coordinator be on the sidelines instead of hiding in some box upstairs. I never liked Capers doing it and I don't like Petine doing it. 

I actually like that, it allows them to see the personnel packages the other team is running from a birds eye view. It allows them to see the play in its entire fluidity. 

Being on the sidelines you are getting a 2D look at the play.

Just now, PackGymRat said:

Being on the sidelines you are getting a 2D look at the play.

Which every single head coach in the NFL is perfectly capable of dealing with. 

Which every single coordinator or coach has easy, hassle-free access to in the year 2019 and ever since this little thing called a tablet got invented. 

There is zero distinct advantage to being in the booth that cannot be replicated on the sideline. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Which every single head coach in the NFL is perfectly capable of dealing with. 

Which every single coordinator or coach has easy, hassle-free access to in the year 2019 and ever since this little thing called a tablet got invented. 

There is zero distinct advantage to being in the booth that cannot be replicated on the sideline. 

Tablets on the sideline do not show video. Only still frames are permitted. Being in the booth you can actually watch the play unfold.

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

Tablets on the sideline do not show video. Only still frames are permitted. Being in the booth you can actually watch the play unfold.

Once a defensive coordinator gets 11 eyes to watch each defensive player, then I'll accept it's okay. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Once a defensive coordinator gets 11 eyes to watch each defensive player, then I'll accept it's okay. 

As far as I'm aware, they can still watch video replay in the booths, just not on the sideline. It does allow distinct advantages. Whether you think it outweighs the benefits of sideline presence is up to you/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Oh come on not this whining about the booth again. It's a horse a piece either way. It really doesn't matter, the pros and cons are even.

Wasn't Pettine succesful from the booth with his tenure with the Jets? The way I look at it anyways, you got other coaches/players on the sideline that can be that "presence". Kevin Greene was that guy for us for a while.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:15 PM, spilltray said:

Oh come on not this whining about the booth again.

When Mike Pettine had his intro presser, he talked about this. And for him - its a very strong lean towards being in the booth. He said that not only does it offer a better view of the entire play, but it also takes him away from the sideline chaos, allowing him to gather his thoughts and deploy his game plan. He also noted that up in the booth he can lay out all of his spread sheets and information, allowing him to make better and faster decisions.

He's a highly successful NFL coach who has actually done the job....while the Sideliners Cult is made up of fans who vastly over-value their own opinions on the topic.

• Like 3