packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

coaches who worked w/ him aren't gonna be like yeah this guy is socially aloof & can't connect w/ players. not saying that's the case, i've watched him speak for like a half hour. but the three times i've seen him speak are some of the least inspiring pressers i've seen in my sports fandom. and yeah you can be like "YoU Don'T EveN KNow HiM", but yeah man.... that's apparent. i'm just saying the obvious really. if we're down big at half, i'd be shocked if he ever had the ability to "rally" guys. but i don't know **** about anything tbh, i don't know why i decided to even say anything, it doesn't matter & i'm just being negative for no reason. my bad gang. 

They may not publicly bash the guy, but they certainly won't go to bat for the person.  Most people will just keep their mouth shut if they don't have anything good to say.

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

he's a nice guy, of course they're gonna go to bat for him. 

You aren't wrong on that comment
However, if we're a bit more clever, we can get closer to The Truth

Here's an example:
If I ask you: "Who are the bestest or smartest posters in the Titletown forum ?" -    you'll give me your Top 5-7 guys/gals, likely without bias
However, if I ask: "What do you think of Norm ?"... I might get a different answer. Everybody loves Norm - but I biased your answer by naming him

When these coaches, assistants, scouts get together, they talk and they know who's good or bad. That's what's happening at the East-West game, the Senior Bowl, Combine, Draft, Pro Bowl etc. They're drinking beer and telling tales, just like us
Pretty soon you keep hearing the same guys' names coming up and then you add them to your List for further eval.
Gute didn't start scouting potential HC's in December when MM was fired, he's been doing it for 20+ years

Its reasonable to be skeptical of the fluffery, but let's not ignore all the talk going on behind the scenes -  in candid and informal conversations around the league
The NFL community is small and tight knit -  they know who is brilliant, average, bad or a butthead long before the official search commences

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

coaches who worked w/ him aren't gonna be like yeah this guy is socially aloof & can't connect w/ players. not saying that's the case, i've watched him speak for like a half hour. but the three times i've seen him speak are some of the least inspiring pressers i've seen in my sports fandom. and yeah you can be like "YoU Don'T EveN KNow HiM", but yeah man.... that's apparent. i'm just saying the obvious really. if we're down big at half, i'd be shocked if he ever had the ability to "rally" guys. but i don't know **** about anything tbh, i don't know why i decided to even say anything, it doesn't matter & i'm just being negative for no reason. my bad gang. 

It’s ok. When these things happen we want the new head coach to be the most ideal version: smart, inspiring, calm, reasonable, and the most competitive sunuvabitch ever. But they’re never what we hope for, not 100% anyway.

former coach Brian Billick talks about AR learning a new language after 13 years in the same system

From the time they start their offseason program to the first preseason game in August, what will be the biggest area of growth for the Rodgers-LaFleur relationship?

The biggest thing is verbiage, getting comfortable with the verbiage. It’s like teaching another language. A veteran player will pick up the concepts very quickly, but like when you learn a language, you can speak a language, but are you thinking the language? When they get to that point where, OK, here’s the concept that LaFleur is running and here’s what they call it and what they do, initially Aaron is going to go, ‘Oh, OK, that was our this.’ He’ll translate it in his mind. Your 22 Z-In, to use a Bill Walsh term, is our 816 Y-Clear, to use verbiage from Joe Gibbs. Same play, but it’s called something different. So when he stops thinking 22 Z-In is 816 Y-Clear and just knows immediately and doesn’t have to translate it … that’s when they’ll start to accelerate the process.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's a lengthy post from Pack to the Future, breaking down MLFs running game in Tenn
One item noted is the use of pistol vs shotgun to help the running game

http://www.packtothefuture.com/articles/xs-and-os-matt-lafleurs-week-1-run-game/

id be interested in running a bit more out of the pistol.

Not sure we have a guy on the roster (yet) that can be the H-Back in a 2 back set but that is a dominating run formation id love to see.

Aaron Jones in the pistol formation could be deadly.

7 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

id be interested in running a bit more out of the pistol.

Not sure we have a guy on the roster (yet) that can be the H-Back in a 2 back set but that is a dominating run formation id love to see.

Aaron Jones in the pistol formation could be deadly.

Aaron Jones ran last season like he was in the zone blocking scheme. MLF is bringing in the zone blocking scheme. Imagine what Aaron Jones can do with actual zone blocking.