packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Not as cool as your response apparently. Way to deflect.

He isn’t the most perfect QB to ever play the game. He’s made mistakes, bad throws, maybe more so than ever this season. Is that good enough? 

He also was clearly, like everybody else, bored with McCarthy and his play calling. Is it ok to admit that too? Cool. Because it’s a fact. 

You won’t see any of that with new challenges starting next season. God bless you for being one of the ones to see the light and call him out though. Nobody anywhere was doing that so it’s good you brought it up. 

4 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Cool bro. 

Lol. Are you really ******* Danica? Last time I saw a temper tantrum this hard I was calling Brady a cheater to pats fans 

My god dude. He's clearly not been as good as he should be lately (in b4 you quote stats).

He deserves criticism as much as any other one thing. Why you are so violently offended by it makes no sense. You're acting like I shat on your child's sports ability

"Cool bro"

Just walk if you can't be a functioning adult. It's not worth getting mad over. It's a children's game played by adults for millions. Smile, it's fine.

Edited by Norm

I also look forward to the inevitable silence from everybody who has suddenly been “bold enough” to call him out, once he rips this league a new one (again) starting next year. 

Not to be too giddy, just really, really looking forward to him shutting people up and reminding them who the best truly is after these last two frustrating years. 

13 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

I also look forward to the inevitable silence from everybody who has suddenly been “bold enough” to call him out, once he rips this league a new one (again) starting next year. 

Not to be too giddy, just really, really looking forward to him shutting people up and reminding them who the best truly is after these last two frustrating years. 

Trust me IDGAF if he turns it around. I expect it. I desire it as much as anyone

I expected it last year. It doesn't mean I have to hold my tongue about his previous play. I'm not playing the itoadaso game. He just has not played up to mine OR his own standards imo. 

So as far as being shut up goes, I want it more than you. Not going to stop me from thinking he's played like crap at times and talking about it....

Fwiw I've been critical of him pretty often throughout his career and I'm not a butt hurt favre dude either. I just try to call a spade a spade, no matter who or what the deal is. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol. Are you really ******* Danica? Last time I saw a temper tantrum this hard I was calling Brady a cheater to pats fans 

My god dude. He's clearly not been as good as he should be lately (in b4 you quote stats).

He deserves criticism as much as any other one thing. Why you are so violently offended by it makes no sense. You're acting like I shat on your child's sports ability

"Cool bro"

Just walk if you can't be a functioning adult. It's not worth getting mad over. It's a children's game played by adults for millions. Smile, it's fine.

No offense dude but I’m not offended. I’m not upset. I’m not having a temper tantrum. If you think that me saying Ok, or Cool bro is me having a violent reaction then maybe you should take a step back.

Just now, deathstar said:

No offense dude but I’m not offended. I’m not upset. I’m not having a temper tantrum. If you think that me saying Ok, or Cool bro is me having a violent reaction then maybe you should take a step back.

You mad bro

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm bored enough. Do you think he's played up to your standards even with every other thing going on?? 

No. Pretty sure you misinterpreted me as defending Rodgers and I didn’t bother correcting you. I don’t believe he mailed it in but he’s as responsible for not being on the same page with his receivers as the coaches were.

The only reason I said anything was because this is the head coach thread. I was expecting head coach news/discussion when I saw new replies but it’s just Rodgers ***** fest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

I agree, I look forward to that as well, BUT I think everyone should be able to agree that Rodgers isn't blameless and should be called out some, if we're holding everyone to the same standards.

Rodgers might be the best thrower in the history of the NFL, but last year the team clearly didn't have the chemistry between Rodgers and the new WRs, and Rodgers tried to force it to work still (I don't blame him for trying), but once it was proven failure, he didn't adjust his game or style (that he should get blamed for).

In the Seahawks game, they clearly saw Rodgers doesn't throw the ball to Aaron Jones... so half the time they literally didn't cover Jones instead putting another coverage guy deep where Rodgers kept trying to force it... you have Aaron Jones completely uncovered, throw him the ball, I don't give a **** that it's a 5 yard pass, being uncovered he's going to pick up the first down.... but Rodgers STILL forced it deep... Rodgers deserve some blame for that.

Look I feel for Rodgers, because he knew the team needed a play and he put the entire weight of the offense on his own shoulders trying to make something work.... and he tried to face the problem like a man and fix it himself. BUT he needed to trust the team to be a game manager when forcing the big play isn't working... and that's partly why Brady is considered the best QB, because he'll do either.

But what Rodgers did last year, put the weight of his side of the ball on his shoulders and trying to do too much is the same exact thing we fans blamed Matthews and Raji for doing one year... they were rushing up the field too quickly creating running lanes for teams huge gains. Matthews and Raji we're just putting the weight of the entire defense on their shoulders to get to the QB because the team had struggled with it, but they we're letting them be two dimensional and being able to run the ball.

So if we're going to blame Matthews and Raji too much (and we did), then the same goes for Rodgers.

All that being said, I'm excited! No more of the system putting max stress on the Packers pass blocking, which means the OL can focus more on their run blocking and actually running the ball. And as LaFleur said, his system is about making it as easy for the QB as possible, including getting the run game and short pass game going and letting those open the long ball, instead of the defense just knowing the long ball is coming and pinning their ears back ready for it.

If the team can stay healthy, and fill some holes, they could really rip the league up next year.

6 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

He isn’t the most perfect QB to ever play the game. He’s made mistakes, bad throws, maybe more so than ever this season. Is that good enough? 

He also was clearly, like everybody else, bored with McCarthy and his play calling. Is it ok to admit that too? Cool. Because it’s a fact. 

You won’t see any of that with new challenges starting next season. God bless you for being one of the ones to see the light and call him out though. Nobody anywhere was doing that so it’s good you brought it up. 

I mean, no? 

For 30 ******* million dollars, you shouldn't be allowed to get bored and underperform. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

Sick of hearing about this, fans say it before literally every game and every season and more often than not it's fallen flat. 

Also not sure that you can avoid giving him the "Quitter/Coach Killer" Label if he comes back in and dominates this year.