packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sick of hearing about this, fans say it before literally every game and every season and more often than not it's fallen flat. 

Also not sure that you can avoid giving him the "Quitter/Coach Killer" Label if he comes back in and dominates this year. 

I don’t think anyone can say coach killer for Rodgers period. He’s only played for one coach his entire NFL career. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sick of hearing about this, fans say it before literally every game and every season and more often than not it's fallen flat. 

Cobb said it too in the preseason, same result.
Coach killing ? Rodgers got Clemons canned and then AVP, not because they sucked but because he sided with them over the boss man.
Thou shalt not challenge the HC's hegemony, especially in times of turmoil.  

MLF's career will rise or fall based on AR; and as Holmy noted to Favray   " We're joined at the hip and we sink or swim together"

I don't think AR is a "coach killer" ala the Jay Cutler model, but the expectations are ALWAYS gonna be sky high and if they aren't met, heads will roll.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

So much for him not being able to communicate?

One thing I notice about every player that seems to talk about him: they mention some of the exact same traits, unprompted: 

- intelligence

- honesty

- an ability to criticize a player (even a vet like Matt Ryan) if the play doesn't look the way it should. Several players have said this now, and it's something he highlighted in his introductory presser. To me, this is a huge breath of a fresh air, and with so many saying it, I would think it's not exaggerated. If you're looking for someone to help Rodgers be Rodgers again, this sounds like your guy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

One thing I notice about every player that seems to talk about him: they mention some of the exact same traits, unprompted: 

- intelligence

- honesty

- an ability to criticize a player (even a vet like Matt Ryan) if the play doesn't look the way it should. Several players have said this now, and it's something he highlighted in his introductory presser. To me, this is a huge breath of a fresh air, and with so many saying it, I would think it's not exaggerated. If you're looking for someone to help Rodgers be Rodgers again, this sounds like your guy. 

They all feel super genuine about it to me too. Not like they're just saying nice things because that's what you're supposed to do. Especially woods. He's talked a few times now I think

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I just like the posts that completely disregard a coach because he looks dumpy lol

Not sure what's worse, that or just not liking them because of who they worked for or where they worked. 

Guys down the totem pole can easily be held back by incompetency directly above them, but I guess no, they're all idiots and can never be hired. The team actually knows who these people are, their knowledge, work ethic, etc etc etc. We read their names once or see their pictures and now we are experts lol. It's hilarious

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not sure what's worse, that or just not liking them because of who they worked for or where they worked. 

Guys down the totem pole can easily be held back by incompetency directly above them, but I guess no, they're all idiots and can never be hired. The team actually knows who these people are, their knowledge, work ethic, etc etc etc. We read their names once or see their pictures and now we are experts lol. It's hilarious

Yeah I think it's kind of inevitable that these kinds of conversations very quickly depart from anything that would actually be meaningful. Fans have so little access to the things that are actually relevant when looking for a new coach that they grasp onto the only things they do have easy access to: staff associations, bits of press conferences and basic team stats. It's silly to think any of these things would be a deciding factor for a real search committee. Very few of us (not me certainly) have the time, commitment, and acumen to actually break down the film to analyze coaching. Even then, you're getting a very small bit of the picture.

• Like 3