packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

What if....i'm blowing smoke here....what if we made this move for LaFleur knowing that McDaniels accepted the Cleveland gig? It would explain alot.

It is possible that McDaniels withdrew, or couldn't agree on things like keeping Pettine.

I personally believe that he was the guy they thought was the best candidate.   Head coach is more than just calling plays and they probably thought he would be a better fit based not only on interviews but in taliking to the people he worked with.

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Anyone else relieved not to have to like/root for McDaniels?

Different because I wanted him. But I'm glad there won't be a huge segment of people that would have found ways to hate him starting week 1. 

Andy Herman:

One thing I love about the hire... they interviewed 10 guys, found their guy & went after him aggressively. No messing around, no 2nd interview, they loved him & they went and got him. Time will tell if it turns out but love the approach; especially w/ so many HC openings!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was interested in the 4-3 as well. With Clay gone and Perry hopefully gone, we had a clean slate start over and target some 4-3 ends to remake our D. Oh well, hopefully now we can just focus on actually giving Pettine the talent he needs at EDGE and safety so he can run a decent defense. Pettine could always adjust his scheme accordingly as well if we being in some talent via FA/draft.

Nobody is a 43 end anymore. Nobody even cares. And more and more and more of the outside rusher studs in college are made for the "34" which I'm not sure if even a distinction anymore anyways, which I kind of already said lol. 

I get the logic, I just don't really think it matters. Ffs look at peppers who would have been a guy years and years ago that only fit the 40 front. 

Just really don't think it actually matters anymore, if it does, your DC is stupid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Let's hope not. Let's hope he's the antithesis of MM, a guy who can run a high powered offense without being solely dependent on ARod playing out of this world and having Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Driver and Finley as your targets.