packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Derrick Henry #1 in yards created per carry last year

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/derrick-henry/

I don't understand any of this but everyone loves this **** here.

Soft doe

1 carry going 99 where you created most of it goes a long way for that number. The last 4 games was the best of his career by far. He was downright bad before that. I drafted him on way too many fantasy teams so I unfortunately watched more Titans game than I wanted. You breathed on him wrong and he went down the first few weeks of the season.

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

1 carry going 99 where you created most of it goes a long way for that number. The last 4 games was the best of his career by far. He was downright bad before that. I drafted him on way too many fantasy teams so I unfortunately watched more Titans game than I wanted. You breathed on him wrong and he went down the first few weeks of the season.

Yes that helps. No being on your fantasy team doesn't help. Gonna distort your lens. Henry certainly thinks he's more nimble than he is. But this idea he's the softest big back ever, c'mon. 

Everyone's gotta fantasy pick they undersold because they took them too high. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We had 4281 passing yards, 38 TDs, and 6 Ints.

Opposition had 3624 passing yards 26 TDs and 16 INTs.

We had 1917 rushing yards and 14 TDs.

Opposition had 1919 rushing yards and 11 TDs. 

We didn't win games running. It was a nice counter punch, but passing wins

If you have a competent passer. You can bet if 12 goes down, we're running the rock and playing defense.

35 minutes ago, boratt said:

I’m excited to run the call more! 

You would be excited if they decided to fire guns into the stands, and would talk about how it's a rebuilding year anyway and how it was a great move by Gutekunst to move on from older fans who were underachieving, and allow some younger blood to step up.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That's like saying the misuse of the Packers two best safeties last year was criminal.

A turd is a turd, the Titans skill group sans Walker is littered with them. Maybe Corey Davis is good, we'll see, doesn't matter as long as he has a bad QB though. Henry is the softest big back I've ever watched.

Softer than Ron Dayne or Brandon Jacobs?

17 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Agreed.
I just said the offense was better WITH a viable running game -  and we saw that in 2014

1.  It's essential for a high-end offense to have a high-end passing game; and yes it's better with a viable running game besides for sure.  The more viable aspects you have, the better.  

2.  Run-sets-up-pass is a cliche for a reason, there is some truth to it.  In 2014, Rodgers did see more single-high-safety.... compared to before.  And Jordy did get more single-coverage snaps... compared to before.  They did convert more first-downs via the run.... compared to before. 

But most of the time, it was still two-high safety, double-cover Jordy, get your 1st downs by the pass.  

3.  It's more true that pass-sets-up-the-run.  The run works best when defenses fear the pass.  You want to have a good enough running game so that when defenses are pass-focused, which is the usual landscape, that you can gain worthwhile yardage and make them pay when you do run.  And get some 1st downs that way.  

Don't want the Alex Green landscape.  Defenses didn't respect run and focused on containing pass, but the run STILL couldn't get useful yards.  Defense dictated RPO runs, but we'd still routinely get only 0-2 yards.

4.  Play-action and run-sets-up-pass doesn't much apply on 3rd downs.  When it's 3rd-and-6, every defense assumes pass, and few blitzes are turned off for fear of the run.  

5.  If running is going to help, it's got to be efficient on 1st and 2nd downs; and not just for setting up 3rd-down passes, but including getting 1st down runs.  And it's got to be efficient in short-yardage situations.  If it's going to help.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You would be excited if they decided to fire guns into the stands, and would talk about how it's a rebuilding year anyway and how it was a great move by Gutekunst to move on from older fans who were underachieving, and allow some younger blood to step up.

I agree. The older fans have been underachieving for some time now.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Image result for that escalated quickly gif

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That's like saying the misuse of the Packers two best safeties last year was criminal.

A turd is a turd, the Titans skill group sans Walker is littered with them. Maybe Corey Davis is good, we'll see, doesn't matter as long as he has a bad QB though. Henry is the softest big back I've ever watched.

Derrick Henry was second in the AFC in rushing despite having an OC who refused to use him.  Heck, up until the December playoff push, when he exploded, Dion Lewis had 10 more CARRIES and out snapped him by 215 snaps.  For being soft, he sure was a punishing runner.  Over 60% of his production as a runner last year came after contact (second in the league).  

Before you are too hard on Corey Davis, I'd imagine that there isn't a talking head in the industry that wouldn't take him over every WR on our roster not named Adams.  WRs tend to struggle when you've got a terrible play caller that has no idea what he's doing.  It was pretty obvious that the Titans offense took giant steps backward.  Whether that was because of LAF or not is unknown.  

I understand your frustrations with Henry in FF.  I too had him rostered.  Pretty frustrating to watch an offense give a small 3rd down back like Dion Lewis exactly the same number of carries inside the 10 as they are giving their 250 lb tackle breaking freak.  That's exactly what was going on before Henry's great December.  

What LAF did last year would be the equivalent of featuring Jamaal Williams in a struggling offense while you've got a healthy Aaron Jones on the bench.