packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Maybe not the place for this but Mike Pettine is in the sidelines this year huh? I missed that

Think Pettine made the decision a couple days ago, LaFleur indicated he believes it’ll continue. 

Looking at him with Hollman after the interception I think he loved it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Maybe not the place for this but Mike Pettine is in the sidelines this year huh? I missed that

Perhaps you were too busy yabbering about Star Wars.....or Game of Thrones....or some other "Entertainment" thread topic :)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Perhaps you were too busy yabbering about Star Wars.....or Game of Thrones....or some other "Entertainment" thread topic :)

I've never seen Star Wars, that's nerd ****.

I kinda thought it would have been mentioned in here since we discussed it so much. 

7 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

They do- that picture is Aaron harassing Lafleur by continually poking him while he is trying to call a play.

I hopped into the bears and Vikings forum right before I posted that. Bears guy has posted like 19 links about Rodgers vs LaFluer. Vikings guy talking about how many yards are defense have up last night. 

These poor poor souls. I legit feel bad for fans that think like this 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

I didnt catch mention of it either. It's preseason. Nobody's on their game yet.

Gotcha. I'm listening to Wilde and Tausch on the ESPN app and that was just the first I heard of it. I dig it though.

Just now, Norm said:

Gotcha. I'm listening to Wilde and Tausch on the ESPN app and that was just the first I heard of it. I dig it though.

I dont know which way is better.....which shouldnt actually be surprising as I've never been an NFL coach - so what do I know?
But I'd always wished Capers was down on the sideline - going over things directly with the players in real time and Pettine always impressed me as a hands-on / direct kinda guy - but - I can definitely see the advantage of getting the BIG picture cause the sideline view it terribly limited and distorting.

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

Remember LaFleur's opening press conference? This seems like a completely different guy. This is a great answer to Rodgers' criticism of joint practices. 

any transcript (rough or otherwise) available for those folks in an office and forgot headphones?

Just now, incognito_man said:

any transcript (rough or otherwise) available for those folks in an office and forgot headphones?

Yeah....but paraphrasing a bit: "To **** with what Aaron says. I'm the Head Coach and he'll just have to deal with it"

Or something like that :)

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is the gist of it. He was laughing when he said they don't talk anymore. At the end he said Rodgers was right about the live special teams drill and he probably wouldn't do it again. Said the Texans ramped up the intensity and they didn't, weren't on the same page. 

• Like 1