packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 12:55 PM, Packerraymond said:

Every time I read the grammar in this thread title I die on the inside.

Can we just let this thread fall into the abyss of the forum?

No.  I hate grammar errors more than anybody, but @FinneasGage fought for this. 

This is a part of us now.  This thread is tied to LaFleur's career.  When he goes on to become Bill Belichik number two and improved, we can look back on this thread with our Google visors and read through initial reactions. 

This thread can never, ever, ever get locked. 

18 minutes ago, boratt said:

Anyone get the feeling MLF got AR to buy into those first 15 plays on the promise that it would set up deeper plays. Then AR got through the 15 script and started air mailing 30 yard sails and wheels to covered players??

Not really. What passes sailed 30 yards? I remember one where tae was held and we got the penalty. The one whee route i remember (4th quarter) looking like a good potential play, but we were just a little off on the execution. Not a bad playcall or decision at all.

19 minutes ago, boratt said:

Anyone get the feeling MLF got AR to buy into those first 15 plays on the promise that it would set up deeper plays. Then AR got through the 15 script and started air mailing 30 yard sails and wheels to covered players??

No but they should make a friendly wager. First half is nothing but MLF playcalling, second half is AR running the show.

• Like 1

I watched the MLF show yesterday.  I think McCarren hosts that one with him.

You know?  The guy is growing on me.  He's got that very calm demeanor.  Quiet confidence.

I can see that being a steadying force, especially with the flow of an NFL football game.

At first I wasn't fan of how he answered questions and how he presented himself.  Now I'm coming around on him.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2019/film-room-green-bay-offense

Soaking in the game in its entirety, it feels more like LaFleur came into the contest with a fantastic game script rather than a functional game plan. Once both teams settled in, LaFleur reverted back to all the tendencies that plagued his Tennessee offense last year and did not have any answers to remedy the passing attack's constipation. If that is what LaFleur's offense is going to look like every time a decent defense settles in against them, the Packers are going to be in for a long, low-scoring season.

It's still early in the year, of course. The Packers have also faced the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings, two defenses that could end the season as the top-ranked unit in DVOA. There is a reality in which LaFleur's shortcomings are overstated and these two weeks were little more than two great defenses playing two great games. That being said, even with quality of opponent in mind, LaFleur hasn't proven enough in the past two weeks to suggest he can get this offense in better shape than McCarthy left it. LaFleur needs to find a quick fix before the Packers fall to an early deficit in the playoff race.

• Like 1