packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Yeah but he's not saying anything bad about Matt. So if he says he wanted him fired later on, it won't be accurate? 

I haven't seen enough yet to get real critical of LaFleur in GB  I've already said I think he was dealt a crap sandwich when it comes to talent in Tennessee, so I don't put much stock in any struggles there. 

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I haven't seen enough yet to get real critical of LaFleur in GB  I've already said I think he was dealt a crap sandwich when it comes to talent in Tennessee, so I don't put much stock in any struggles there. 

Yeah I'm not even down on him or anything. I just can't get excited either.

• Like 1

Curious to think about the process offensive coaches like LaFleur go through when creating an offense. Plays can be run through various formations, but that has to create changes in timing. Offensive line calls may change assignments pre-snap, so that changes angles and gaps in the run game.

I guess what I wondering is... how easy it for an author of offensive concepts to determine if a “play” bombs due to concept failure, if it might have worked from another formation or with slight changes in spacing-depth-motion, or if simple player(s) execution prevented success. Maybe this offense does need six or seven weeks to get its chops down. 

6 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

No.

Sure they are. Even those buttressed by statistical analysis, analytics etc - are based on a selection or melding of those stats to achieve a predicted outcome. The selection (or not) of criteria used to achieve the prediction is arbitrary. I may be better focused than say throwing a dart at the wall - got it - but it's still arbitrary to some degree.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sure they are. Even those buttressed by statistical analysis, analytics etc - are based on a selection or melding of those stats to achieve a predicted outcome. The selection (or not) of criteria used to achieve the prediction is arbitrary. I may be better focused than say throwing a dart at the wall - got it - but it's still arbitrary to some degree.

Lol what

That's not what arbitrary means.

• Like 2