packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

5-1.  I didn't have GB winning 5 games until like week 10.  This is amazing.

I want to say they are doing it with Pettine and the defense.  But..MLF has been very good, too.  Feel that needs to be pointed out.

We've been in some very nerve wracking games and that guy is cool, calm and collected on the sidelines.  That demeanor has to rub off on the players.  

And his offense is coming around, despite no Adams.  It is impressive.  You can see that Rodgers is buying into it more and more as the season goes on, too.

• Like 2

It's still early, but thinking about stuff reminded me of the absolute beating Mark Murphy took during the hiring process. You know who you are because it was 80% of the forum.  MM has his quirks, but no doubt things have settled in nicely and everyone has their roles, the communication by all accounts is what it should be, and the hierarchy of the organization is not an issue. I guess he wasn't the power hungry, meddling, Oz behind the curtain, destined to pull all the strings as most were 100% sure of.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's still early, but thinking about stuff reminded me of the absolute beating Mark Murphy took during the hiring process. You know who you are because it was 80% of the forum.  MM has his quirks, but no doubt things have settled in nicely and everyone has their roles, the communication by all accounts is what it should be, and the hierarchy of the organization is not an issue. 

Is this really what we're going to resort to? An essential "I told you so" post? Its not uncommon for people to be weary / skeptical or even pessimistic about things they are passionate about. 

While some people may be optimistic and decide to trust the system blindly after that very same system wasted a good portion of Aaron Rodgere career others will be more inclined to be pessimistic about it. Neither side is wrong.  Its just different strokes for different folks. 

Who tf cares at the end of the day who was against or for this hiring at the time it happened. We're 5-1! Thats all that matters. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

Everyone should listen to the Chris Simms unbuttoned podcast. One he breaks down the flower vs bak issue and how it likely became what it did.

But more importantly he talks about the chess match of Lefluer vs Patricia. And how gb finally has a lot of clever plays on offense and getting no name WRs open. Just the lions defense played well because of Patricia’s knowledge. A lot of defenses won’t have answers like the Lions did because they won’t have the depth of information.

Very interesting...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Is this really what we're going to resort to? An essential "I told you so" post? Its not uncommon for people to be weary / skeptical or even pessimistic about things they are passionate about. 

While some people may be optimistic and decide to trust the system blindly after that very same system wasted a good portion of Aaron Rodgere career others will be more inclined to be pessimistic about it. Neither side is wrong.  Its just different strokes for different folks. 

Who tf cares at the end of the day who was against or for this hiring at the time it happened. 

Just made an observation based on a random thought I had. Sorry if it struck a nerve with you. Considering how big a deal it was, I see no issue in pointing out the fact that the structure of the organization hasn't fallen to ruins.

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Just made an observation based on a random thought I had. Sorry if it struck a nerve with you. Considering how big a deal it was, I see no issue in pointing out the fact that the structure of the organization hasn't fallen to ruins.

It didnt strike a nerve with me. Im on record saying I dont know about this hiring but im going to trust Murphy. I still stand by that.

I just dont think its necessary to start the I told you so posts based off the first 6 weeks of the season or even at all. People had every right to be unsure and pessimistic at that point in time.

Instead of enjoying our 5-1 record with the rest of the fans you're just stirring a pot and instigating. Its just asking for unnecessary drama when we dont need it. Its not like we're the Dolphins or Redskins. Lets enjoy our season. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, vegas492 said:

5-1.  I didn't have GB winning 5 games until like week 10.  This is amazing.

I want to say they are doing it with Pettine and the defense.  But..MLF has been very good, too.  Feel that needs to be pointed out.

We've been in some very nerve wracking games and that guy is cool, calm and collected on the sidelines.  That demeanor has to rub off on the players.  

And his offense is coming around, despite no Adams.  It is impressive.  You can see that Rodgers is buying into it more and more as the season goes on, too.

I like his calming demenour as well. I don't know if you watch the pressers on Packers.com or youtube, but I feel like he is good with the media too. It's not all annoyance and avoiding things. He will straight up say if he won't answer things but over all he seems like an honest guy, and even lets you in on some of his thinking or what he deems important. Kind of a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

It didnt strike a nerve with me. Im on record saying I dont know about this hiring but im going to trust Murphy. I still stand by that.

I just dont think its necessary to start the I told you so posts based off the first 6 weeks of the season or even at all. People had every right to be unsure and pessimistic at that point in time.

Instead of enjoying our 5-1 record with the rest of the fans you're just stirring a pot and instigating. Its just asking for unnecessary drama when we dont need it. Its not like we're the Dolphins or Redskins. Lets enjoy our season. 

Well that's your opinion on my mindset. LIS it was just a random thought. No stirring the pot agenda.

Edited by cannondale

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The team as a whole really seems to enjoy playing for the guy. If that’s because he’s younger and relatable or otherwise, it’s something I don’t think I’d have been able to say about McCarthy for several years now. 

As someone here that I don't remember said, he's probably already established that he is a good head coach. The offensive part is still ongoing. I think that's proven to be a fair early statement

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well that's your opinion on my mindset. LIS it was just a random thought. No stirring the pot agenda.

My opinion is that you can make the same observations about MLF without bringing up the im sure over exaggerated comment of "You know who you are because it was 80% of this forum" remark.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

It's still early, but thinking about stuff reminded me of the absolute beating Mark Murphy took during the hiring process. You know who you are because it was 80% of the forum.  MM has his quirks, but no doubt things have settled in nicely and everyone has their roles, the communication by all accounts is what it should be, and the hierarchy of the organization is not an issue. I guess he wasn't the power hungry, meddling, Oz behind the curtain, destined to pull all the strings as most were 100% sure of.

I will own up to saying that Mark Murphy looks like a 6 year old transplanted into a 75 year old’s body. I stand by that. 

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

I will own up to saying that Mark Murphy looks like a 6 year old transplanted into a 75 year old’s body. I stand by that. 

He has his quirks no doubt, and it would be easy to come away with a less than stellar view on the guy by watching his pressers. But he did attend Colgate, has some kind of business and law degree, played in the NFL for 8 years and was player rep. I'm guessing he's no fool despite his social awkwardness. 

45 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I like his calming demeanour as well. I don't know if you watch the pressers on Packers.com or youtube, but I feel like he is good with the media too. It's not all annoyance and avoiding things. He will straight up say if he won't answer things but over all he seems like an honest guy, and even lets you in on some of his thinking or what he deems important. Kind of a nice change of pace.

In that way he reminds me of a somewhat less secretive Ted Thompson. Ted didn't deliberately mislead much, he was more the type that would just say "I won't answer that", which I respect. MLF is more forthcoming than TT was, but there are similarities, including that basic politeness. Mike McCarthy was from a somewhat different, more combative school of head coaches and you could see how impatient he usually was with the media, to get away from something he never seemed comfortable doing.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1